Kobe<
Years ago

WNBL Finals

Can anyone update information on the finals please under this thread?

I believe the elimination final was won by Logan in Dandenong.

There are two more games this weekend (semi finals)

I reckon there are several SA folk involved

1. Camino
2. Veal
3. Woosnam

Others?

I will be watchiing the games on ABC even though Lightning are down the bottom and out of the playoffs

Topic #25058 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

www.wnbl.com.au

Reply #309622 | Report this post

Kobe<  
Years ago

Anon you are a dick.
I created this page so hoopsters can discuss the finals games as they are played.

I was not asking where I can get the scores

Reply #309625 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This weekend sees

Bulleen vs Canberra in Melbourne
Bendigo vs Logan in Bendigo

Bulleen and Canberra have both been a cut above the pack. Both of their games have been close with Bulleen loosing 71:79 and the Venuto Club in Rd 1, but then winning 79:72 in Canberra in January to give the series to Canberra by a solitary point. Canberra are one of the few team to crack the ton this WNBL season and look pretty strong going into finals. With girls like Bibby, Bratkovic, Wilson, Bowley, Tolo and Cosier, no wonder the Lightning have seemed like a Div 3 team from (insert your own hated club). Cambage is the standout for Bulleen.
Nicole Hunt is definitely the eye candy in the team and I expect any sensible teenage boy should record the match on ABC for future detailed analysis.

Canberra should prevail over the minor premiers in what should be the GF match.

Bendigo are definitely still in the chase. Bouyed by the re-signing of gun player Madgen, they should easily account for Logan who will be unable to strike gold in Bendigo this weekend.

Harrower to take control of the game like a bouncer at the Newmarket Hotel.

Reply #309629 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Cayla Francis from SA is playing.

Cambage will be tooo strong for Canberra with Batkovic out injured.

Reply #309643 | Report this post

TMK  
Years ago

Not sure if Canberra's performance last week vs Sydney was a once off but without Batkovic they look like a team that can't play with each other.

Bibby isn't playing captains basketball.

Bulleen have their own injuries but unless Graf comes up with an awesome plan I can't see the Caps shutting down the height of Cambage + Penaluna.

Bulleen by 14.

Reply #309646 | Report this post

Kobe. Camino is "SA folk" because?

Reply #309649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just don't get sucked into the scam of discount tickets to see Lightning in Finals.

Reply #309653 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Gretel Tippett was playing for Logan, I guess she has a bit of an SA connection.

Reply #309675 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Lauren jackson at the logan v dandenong game with caitlyn cunningham- always thought they looked similar!

Reply #309687 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754