Jess good
April brown
Alex ciabbotoni
Dannie angley
Jaz trimboli

Reply #309696 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

is that "Boys too!!" like you are asking a ? or is that "Boys too!!" like they were named today and you know who they are? If so why dont you share!!

"

Reply #309702 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I am surprised there's not more Norwood players.

Reply #309706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are you surprised jack? Does the norwood team consist of a combination and metro and country eligible players?

Reply #309708 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sorry mate, I guess the ones that didn't make metro will make country, but what about the mavs?

Reply #309712 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Clarificatin required " I guess the ones that didn't make metro will make country" so do the country players get 2 opportunities to make state?

Reply #309720 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I think what Jack is saying is that those that didn't make the metro team dont qualify for the metro team and will have a shot at making the country side.

Reply #309721 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks - but if you can clarify further :-

kids who qualify for country can also try out for metro and if they dont make metro they can then be selected for Country? Is this double dipping or having 2 bites at the cherry?

Reply #309722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon. No they cannot try out for both.

Reply #309723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, norwood have two girls in country squad. Mavs have four. Team named on Monday on sa country site.

Reply #309724 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Norwood, Sturt and Mavs are the strongest teams in that division by a "country mile", the fact that 4 Norwood girls are in state country or metro, 4 mavs girls are in country, and 4 Sturt girls are in metro is testament to that fact.

Reply #309729 | Report this post

Fleagle  
Years ago

I will never understand how teams are picked.
Neil picked a SASI team and then took them to the USA and they were the most successfull team in a long while.
This team (minus country girl) is quite different to what Neil picked.
Now, not bagging Neil or Troy but what is the big difference to cause this turnaround?

Has there been a change in performance from players?

(Please, this post is not a criticism of a coach, just an observation)

Reply #309744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack. A further observation for you to chew upon is that strong district teams are their own worst enemy because they become so dependent upon playing with strong players and never learn to get hard ball. Winning every week by a zillion points speaks more about the competition than the skills of the 'team'.

Fleagle, selection for state is about those ordained by god as having potential and nothing at all about performance. A guard from the U20s has continually underperformed through the state age groups but as an identified talent is selected on the great escape clause of potential.
The on again, off again SASI trips to US et al are jaunts which to my knowledge have borne little fruit for any participants not already identified.They are not state teams and don't pretend to be and because of numbers tend to take whomever wants to go because 'schoolies' is becoming the preferred option to this over priced vacation.

Reply #309745 | Report this post

lotum  
Years ago

I thought not the best go to the US but the one that could afford the $5000 Bill, I am aware of some of the best not going. And if you had other sporting talents forget it you would not make it to SASI. Other sports encourage the athlete to be multi talented this is why they choose other sports.

Reply #309909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lotum, some get the opportunity to play other sports but it depends on who you are and what club you play for. Both mavericks and sturt girls have been dual netball/basketballers but I know girls who were forced to quit netball to continue state and sasi. Most know the ropes by 18's and too many finish SASI and quit basketball altogether by around 19 or 20. Great game but leads most nowhere and even wnbl doesn't pay enough to make it worthwhile.

Reply #309917 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Fleagle the team that went to the US included girls who are now Under 20 that is the main difference

Reply #310002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As far as country girls go, they cannot try out for metro because it is based on your home address. I know my child is country. As far as USA trip went, plenty of opportunity comes from this trip just ask the girls who now are being pursued by colleges. There are not enough places for them to play wnbl so it's great to have the chance to pursue the sport and get an education

Reply #310005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

005, care to name one girl from the trip chased?

Reply #310022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I can name more than one, but won't because it just gives you ammunition to bag them which is unfair. The team did an amazing job in the usa and the opportunities are presenting themselves. Naming the girls doesn't change the facts. Good luck to them, there are many talented young women in Australia and unfortunately not enough positions for them.

Reply #310027 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754