st marys and wcc championship

well done gaels co-winning the wcc minor round championship with the zags.

First time since 1997.

strong finish in todays game against the pilots.

gaels no.1 seed in wcc playoffs - get the double bye.

Topic #25072 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just curious, what are the chances of Dellavedova getting drafted into the NBA if he decides to nominate? Have not been following much college hoops.

Reply #309769 | Report this post

delly still off nba level - IMO

he did a good job today when mcconnell got in foul trouble

Reply #309781 | Report this post

the guy coaching portland has done a good job - the yhave really improved and have some good outside shooters.

st narys beating st johns will keep them in good stead.

st johns beat villanova today - red storm in form !

Reply #309782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly still a long way off.. Not the NBA type, has the potential to do very well in europe with his game style of play.. Lacks athleticism to have any impact on the big stage, however has an amazing work ethic.. time will tell

Reply #309805 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Whilst I would love to see Delly make the grade in the NBA, I just don't think his game fits the mould.

I have said eklsewhere on Hoops that I believe Delly can become a very good player and a genuine starter in a strong league in Europe. He will also be one of the guys that is likley to be in contention for the Boomers back court for years to come.

Saint Mary's have huirt their NCAA tourney at-large chances by dropping games recently, including a shocker to San Diego, going down in the ESPN Bracketbuster game to Utah State (tough game), and of course dropping the OT thriller to the Zags. 2 of these losses were at home too making them even worse.

SMC may still have to win the WCC tournament to guarantee a berth in the NCAA tournament. It is hard to hang their that on the win over St John's as that was way back in November last year before they got hot and started beating teams of note.

I believe SMC are an NCAA tourney team, but they are now up against the 8-ball and a much improved Gonzaga unit in order to defend their WCC tournament crown.

Reply #309807 | Report this post

agreed LC - that loss to san diego hurt.

the game against the zags was creditable and yes the st johns win was early - but st johns have shown that they are the real deal - so I give that win value - regardless of what time of the seaon it was.

a good show at the wcc championships - should see them through to the big dance

Reply #309808 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754