Isaac
Years ago

Phill Jones to face NBL Tribunal

The National Basketball League has announced that Cairns Taipans player Phill Jones will face the NBL Tribunal this week on a charge of 'Head Butting' arising from an alleged incident in his team’s 76-75 loss to the Sydney Kings on Friday night in their iiNet NBL Championship clash.

Jones was reported by the match officials for allegedly head butting Sydney player Ben Madgen in the closing stages of the first quarter of match at the Cairns Convention Centre.

Under NBL Rules, all reports by match officials are automatically referred to the NBL Tribunal.

Jones has until 5:00PM AEDT today (Monday 28 February) to respond to the charge and determine if he wishes it to be heard by telephone interviews or in a formal sitting of the NBL Tribunal.

Media will be notified as soon as the manner of hearing has been determined.

Topic #25076 | Report this topic

hereschenes  
Years ago

FTFY.

Phill Jones to face NBLL Tribunall

Reply #309819 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Aaron Fearne called Russell Hinder a coward after the Crocs Cairns game - I wonder if that applies to Jones?

Reply #309821 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I don't recall seeing Jones head butt Madgen.

Watching so many games , - has finally made me blind.
Four games I watched , at the weekend (2 NBL and 2 WNBL) , - when the whisle blows , I don't know who the foul is on or what for.
We spend more time at the line , rather than playing.

Reply #309823 | Report this post

Croc Watcher  
Years ago

Spot on DJ Rod !!
Cairns = Whinging hypocrits.

Reply #309845 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Jones just about finished! He's doing stupid things cos he cant make a shot!

Reply #309864 | Report this post

Chappo  
Years ago

Maybe you guys need to watch the tape before you comment.Phil wasnt a coward they were face to face when he head butt him.It was just a small slip of the neck.Hinder is a coward

Reply #309885 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Phill Jones has never been one to back down from a confrontation

Reply #309913 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

*insert comment about which player would win in a fight*

Reply #309922 | Report this post

cpark59  
Years ago

Lol, the NBL calls that a head butt? From what I saw (was at the game/TV footage) he was just getting in his face. It was probably a bit extreme for Jones to get face to face with him and actually make contact, but it hardly warrants a "head butting" charge.

Reply #309923 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Didn't Janev do the same thing to Creek and he didn't have to face the Tribunal

Reply #309925 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Reply #309991 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looked like a shunt as much as anything. Then Tait on Madgen and Khazzouh on Tait.

Was Jones called for an offensive foul on that screen?

Reply #310054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #310062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #310063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:48 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754