Johnny Kilroy
Years ago

Need player for Sunday night comp in Melbourne

We play in Nunawading (near cnr Burwood Highway and Springvale Road).

You don't need to be particularly good, but you should know the basics.

It's a fun, well-run league. Email me if interested - we've got to sign up pretty soon.

Topic #25096 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay for my flights and accommodation and you got a player. Adelaide site mate

Reply #310136 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

You also can't email someone who doesn't provide an email ;)

In all seriousness though, plenty of others from interstate post and scour the hoops.com forum despite it being Adelaide / SA based.

If you provided more detail in your orginal post you may get a better response. i.e. what division, type of player you are looking for and of course a contact method.

Reply #310151 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, it's a mostly-Adelaide site (48% of Australian traffic, 20% Melb, 14% Syd) but fine for interstaters if marked clearly (as this was).

For those interested, traffic is split 90% Australian, 10% from elsewhere (US, NZ, etc).

Reply #310189 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I just appreciate the moniker "Johnny Kilroy" ... still have his one and only rookie card ...

Reply #310233 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ha didn't even notice that. Got that card as well.

Hey Melvin you would love this then..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KcGtlS78Hg&feature=player_embedded

Reply #310238 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

I might be interested if you guys are half decent. However from what I found of Nunawading there are a lot of Yao Ming (not tall though) wannabees who cant play.

Reply #310242 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I know of another team that plays Div 1 at Nunawading on Sunday nights looking for a tall forward / centre...

Reply #310255 | Report this post

Chris Anstey  
Years ago

I will come out for a run mate if you need some height

Reply #310272 | Report this post

the factor  
Years ago

hey isaac can you tell where in the states ? - state / city

Reply #310285 | Report this post

Johnny Kilroy  
Years ago

Apologies - I thought my email would be in my profile or something.

johnnykilroy @ live.com (obviously without the spaces - here I am protecting my spam account from yet more spam)

It's division 10. So, the quality of play isn't very good. That said, a couple of my friends who play in divisions 1 and 3 fill in for us occasionally, and there honestly doesn't seem to be a huge difference in talent (at least at Nunawading).

Any position is fine; we'll happily adjust to any of your on-court idiosyncrasies.

Dud - I'm a bit of a Yao wannabe myself. Tried a Shanghai Shake last Sunday (hit the side of the backboard).

Anstey - whether your reply was serious or not, yes we could always use some height.

Reply #310290 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

factor,

In Canada: Calgary, Toronto and then Vancouver are most popular.

In the US: California, New York, Texas, Virginia, North Carolina, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, Ohio, Florida are the top ten.

Reply #310300 | Report this post

the factor  
Years ago

i wonder if the yget random hits or

ex pats ?

cal - st marys crew ?

plenty of hits from strong basketball college areas - most pleasing !

Reply #310301 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That's because of my updates ;)

Reply #310346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754