Ando
Years ago

36ers... It's my fault???

Over the last few years 36ers have changed coaches, playing squad and management yet still we end up down the bottom and yet things don't look like changing an y time soon.

As far as I can see I am the only constant for all these years. Turning up week after week, season after season to put up with this. So I have decided to accept some reponsibility for the underperforming 6ers. I'm not sure if I am alone on this but I must be a contributing factor.

Topic #25117 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The bonfire is ready and we all expect you to report to the Sixers car park for the sacrificial offering to the NBL gods before the next game

Reply #310495 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

Ando myself & my brothers have been season ticket holders since the mid 90's ish, we put alot of passion into every game but the Dome isn't the powerhouse it use to be.
Back in the day the team use to thrive off the crowd, from what I can see now the players don't use the energy from the crowd. Players like :
Farley
Cat
Maher
KB
Mee

Just to name a few there are plenty more, These players loved the crowd & every time the crowd was fired up so were the players.

In the off season Marty needs to make huge changes to the squad & the game plan.
Marty needs to stay !

Reply #310501 | Report this post

Holy S  
Years ago

Since Farley (who many complained about) how many imports has Adelaide kept that were even close to as talented? If Farley stayed one more year he would have been Australian along with Balls, plus we could have 2 imports. That would have been nice. At least we would have had a scorer!

Now we reply on who to score? random people each week!

Reply #310502 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

I never heard of supporters complaining bout Farley, if anything the supporters loved him

Reply #310504 | Report this post

Holy S  
Years ago

Then why did Farley not get re-signed by the sixers?

Reply #310505 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

either a better offer else were, or it could have been management at the time. Who knows

Reply #310507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers would have been better of signing farley this season ,in hindsight oh well.

Reply #310514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be there with the Jiffy fire lighters if that would actually help them next season Jack Toft

Reply #310516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sack ballinger

Reply #310518 | Report this post

Holy S  
Years ago

Farley is Available for next season, maybe they should get a steady head that knows the game, the city and the fans. Grab a second big import and you have Farley, Balls, import(Big), and then the guards they have already might fit in as they don't have to do all of the scoring. Just a thought as like I said earlier, the legacy of the more than one season import seems dead in Adelaide. They have no identity any more. I know for a fact that Farley is only an 8 on the NBL points cap also.

Reply #310522 | Report this post

Holy S  
Years ago

Farley is Available for next season, maybe they should get a steady head that knows the game, the city and the fans. Grab a second big import and you have Farley, Balls, import(Big), and then the guards they have already might fit in as they don't have to do all of the scoring. Just a thought as like I said earlier, the legacy of the more than one season import seems dead in Adelaide. They have no identity any more. I know for a fact that Farley is only an 8 on the NBL points cap also.

Reply #310523 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Holy S... looks like you really want him at the club. (posting it twice) ;-)

How old is Farley now? How long has he been out the NBL?

Reply #310524 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

You certainly need to get your imports right! Youve sacked a heap & the ones youve ended up with are no better. There lies your problem!! The aussie content, if used correctly, is certainly not that bad...

Reply #310525 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

Reply #310529 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What an inspirational film clip. Maybe this is what the team needs to view before every practice session. Thanks for sharing that MJ.

Reply #310532 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

2 rookie head coaches in a row. C'mon now, what did you really expect??

Reply #310540 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

How cool was that... thanks MJ.

Now I realise I was just making excuses when I started this thread. It's actually all of our fault.
How can we make this team better?

Reply #310542 | Report this post

Jokester  
Years ago

WARNING : This advice is offered as a joke........

Support another club - Like the Breakers

Move to a different area - Like New Zealand

Change the name of the forum - To Hoops.NZ

Whinge and moan about the new team - Not 36ers

Watch new team go down hill - Watch 36ers rebound and finish top 4 next year

Jump ship - come back to 36ers and continue whinging about the Breakers

Problem solved

Reply #310545 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I tried that and both the 36ers and Breakers missed the finals.

Reply #310549 | Report this post

It is time we all change our focus, the only important thing is the Club itself.
To get it right, it cannot happen without support.
Without support the Club will disappear.
How many players have been at the Club?
How many Coaches?
Even owners?

Shit team performance is very frustrating as a supporter, as it must be with players and coaches. There has been many changes trying to lift performance. Coach sackings, import sackings. They are obviously tring to fix it. So why not support it.

Should the owners chuck it in? Give up their support because the team performance of this year is shit.
I hope not.

More importantly I hope the supporters do not.

Reply #310554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring Farley in next season and he will be an Aussie after 1. He will score and have a steady (NBL) head that knows the game in Australia. Having a guy like Farley Ballinger and another import sounds a lot better than Shannon, Balls and 4 dud's that have been sacked!!!

Reply #310653 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Bring Farley back? Why don't we just ask Al Green and Mark Davis back too?

Reply #310656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

c'mon Bizzy surely you are not suggesting that Farley is the same age as Davis and Green? Fool. He is 8 months older than Shannon. Maher was older when he retired than Farley is now and Farley is in Great shape. How's yours by the way?

Reply #310697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bizzy u obviously didn't see Farley at HSH looked in good form better than the impersonators that we've had over the years.

Reply #310708 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Yeah the Farley where he plays hard, gets a contract then just coasts the rest of the way?

Reply #310725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

people need to get over the Farley love affair. Saw him at HSH and nothing much had changed. His last game was a chuck fest. No defence and once you take away his left he struggles, that is why he is out of the league. If he was that good last time here how come no one else picked him up then or on the back of HSH

Reply #310729 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Farley..... are people serious..... Have we stooped that low.

Reply #310742 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Thank you TR - some actual sense.

Reply #310744 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you ever get frustrated by the Farley talk, just remember that at least it means everyone's forgotten about Jayson Wells.

Reply #310747 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

We are getting Eddie Curry anyway. As well as Iverson, Bonzi Wells, and the Phoenix Suns' Gorilla.

Reply #310752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley is better than the so called imports we had this season and last season oh and the season before and so on.

Reply #310874 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754