Joseph
Years ago

Is basketball on the rise in Australia?

How long has pay tv held the right to show the NBL?

What is the participation rates of basketball compared to other sports played in Austrlia?

What is the league doing to revitalize Australian Basketball?

Junior development? Is there any?

Is average attendance on the rise?

and finally how much does a company pay to be the major sponsor of the NBL compared to the NBA?

Topic #25166 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

do your own homework

Reply #311421 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Dunno the answer to any of these but chances are if you ask basketball Asutralia they'd inflate all figures to indicate basketball IS on the rise even if it isn't.

Dunno how much iinet pays to sponsor NBL but the NBL should chase a sponsor for the MVP award, Hummer for instance would be good so the MVP actually gets an award and the sponsor gets exposure.

Reply #311423 | Report this post

Joseph  
Years ago

"Do your own homework"

Who really cares that I came on here looking for at least one answer to a list of many that aren't even based around work in general, just curiosity. At least i'm doing something productive. Tell me, how long have you been trolling this webpage for?

Reply #311425 | Report this post

aussie boomers  
Years ago

I'd say no. The ratings on ONE HD are crap and I'd be surprised, even if ONE does continue to exist, it won't cover the NBL. Television is all about ratings.

Reply #311427 | Report this post

I will give you a hand Joe. The answer is a bit of yes and no. In general basketball is on the rise. NBL is slowly improving, WNBL is very strong. Many of our players ply their trade worldwide and our senior and junior national teams perform very well on the international stage. But if you look at things regionally there is one small pocket that is holding us back. They used to be the stronghold of our national leagues, hell they even self proclaimed themselves Title Town. But in the last few years have become the laughing stock of our great sport, dragging down the standards and there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel for them. The great thing is that the rest of us love what is happening. Hope I helped.

Reply #311428 | Report this post

Imnoballer  
Years ago

some answers

the link below is a survey report about junior sport last year

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/basketball-is-most-popular-sport/story-e6frf7kx-1225884928551

and I think every state has a junior development program of some description

Reply #311429 | Report this post

Joseph  
Years ago

Thanks a lot everyone. Started me off on some good reading. Cheers.

Reply #311451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes it is on the rise

Reply #311461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not on the rise. The league is worse than ever and the games are boring.

Reply #311464 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

define 'basketball'. coverage and everyday knowledge of the NBA is certainly on the rise, IMO. yet, 95% of those I speak to about basketball on a regular basis probably couldn't name more than 3 players on the 36ers roster.

Reply #311477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go past a primary school which is the nursery of sport and see if any kids are shooting hoops.

Reply #311493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe it is on the rise as my son has started playing for his school this year and they just had enough for 1 team last year and this year they have extras for 3 teams. Morphett Vale Basketball stadium seams as if they have more from other schools this season as well.

Reply #311498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754