Identity withheld
Years ago

WNBL final better than tonights game

Sorry SA but maybe you might want to sign the Bulleen Boomers ladies next year

I only say this cos you bagged the 6ers so much tonight this might get you off their case and onto this stupid comment

and maybe Brad Hill couldve dished out and let someone else take the winning shot

Topic #25177 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

But the post game interviews were shocking. Liz Cambage was pathetic! Honestly I know she is 19 but really with all the tax payer money for AIS and ITC, couldnt they have taught something about humility!!!

I have seen Lauren intervewed at 19, I saw Penny Taylor interviewed at 20, even Andrew Bogut who made some blunders in his early days, did not seem as self absorbed as this girl!

As for the other Boomers, well done, well played and well deserved (except for the unsportsman like foul - which was well deserved and long overdue)

Reply #311587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon whatever she did or said you would be unhappy - they just won a grand final its good to see someone show some emotion rather than the same old boring lines ... yada yada yada Go Liz! Go Boomers!

Reply #311600 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'm quite a fan of Liz Cambage.
The game started with Liz getting a coupla fouls called on her.
So she sat down for a lotta of the game.
I think she only got 17points , but the others stepped up.
Just for a second there I thought this game was gonna run into the sixers game, so I missed out on the after game stuff.

I noticed Holmes got called for fouls for hanging on to Kahzzouh.
NBL refs would've fouled out Tolo and Batkovic , then for hanging onto Cambage.

Reply #311603 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I'm a big Cambage fan as well. Her on-court demeanour used to be one of her weak points, but it is something she has corrected to a huge degree over the past 18 months. It doesn't help that the WNBL refs seem to let players get away with anything against bigger opponents - that has got to be frustrating.
In terms of her interviews, media appearances and so on, I love her. None of this diluted-to-death PC cliche stuff, she just speaks her mind and to me it is refreshing.

Not her best game yesterday by any means, but 17 & 5 is still pretty handy for a below-par afternoon. Milner was amazing, and Penaluna came of age I thought. Meanwhile Canberra were awful. Giving up 100 points in a WNBL grand final is unheard of.
They'll be fine though ... they'll just go out and spend some more government money to recruit a couple more franchise players and they'll be back at the top before you know it.

Anyway well done to the Bulleen Boomers - worthy champions for 2010/11 IMO. They have been the best team all season, and it is great that they could overcome their injury problems to get it done in the big one. Congrats to the players and coaching staff!

Reply #311611 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Who from the Caps is on Government money????

Reply #311637 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Would be a reference to Lauren Jackson last year and other recent years where ACT Government department has part sponsored her time with the Capitals.

Reply #311655 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

ACT govt used to have a policy of a simple $100K cheques to the capitals each year.

The various Govt owned organisations or programs "sponsorships" of the caps through things like "quit" and "Transact" were separate and additional to that , as were any funds paid directly to Lauren Jackon in her role as an "act sports ambassador" . Graf was first employed partially ($15,000) through a Govt. grant supposedly for the improvement of local player development, I would expect that the govt money received by Caps to be in excess of most of the other teams entire operating budget.

And so it probably should be a fairly hefty amount, given that the ACT govt used to give the same $100,K to the brumby's and raiders , who had their own poker machine revenue coming in as well, which the caps clearly don't have..

Reply #311671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget the $100k they spent to get Batkovic from Sydney.

WNBL titles not unlike NBL titles are all about who pays out the most money.

Well except Dandenong!

Reply #311672 | Report this post

Arvidas Sabonis  
Years ago

And except Bulleen ! in an opposite sense to Dandenong.

Reply #311753 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Bulleen didn't spend even half the figure listed above on any single player in their squad this season...?

Reply #311813 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Oh sorry, just re-read your comment properly. Ignore previous post.

Reply #311814 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754