BALLER#3
Years ago

Social Vs District

I haven't had the chance to play district ball, but am wondering what division in youth league would compare well to division 2 social. Purely on based on skill, as i know most social players dont use plays etc.

I play in a div 2 social team and am looking to perhaps play in youth league at the end of this year/next year.

Topic #25185 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Difficult to say because Division 2 social could mean anything. Some social comps - generally those organised by Basketball SA - are very strong, whilst others aren't. The best comparison you'll get is to see how you stack up against players who play in Youth League already. As long as you have fundamentals and are willing to work hard, you should be fine.

Reply #311673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe go out to a practice or two at a club in your area, most clubs have some spots available or at least are happy for people to simply train, see how you stack up. Depends what age you are as well, district teams are generally more structured and face more man to man defences than what you probably will see at social, as someone who has played in both playing against older men in social was a challenge greater than YL but the speed and pace was far quicker in YL. Apples and Organes really

Reply #311717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you just need to know how to not play a 2 3 zone

Reply #311761 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754