Anonymous
Years ago

West is whos ABL team ?

Western Magics website states that the players should go to the port for the greet with their ABL team.OK, now are these two teams acosiated or what is goin on?

Topic #25192 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Magic want to be associated with West and its good 2 clubs are working as one - this can only better basketball in the West. West are building a firm base and Magic are providing foundations

Reply #311834 | Report this post

I know  
Years ago

West Adelaides ABL teams are for anyone who wants to barrick for them.
You dont necessary have to play at the Bearcats to support their ABL teams.
You will probably find that Western Magic are promoting the Meet & Greet Day to their members to show their support for the Bearcats ABL teams as the 2 clubs are moving together to form the association.
I congratulate them both I think what they are doing is fantastic for the sport in the western suburbs and for their junior players.

Reply #311851 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

Now i wonder how Magics fees will be in the long run,so far they have been low because there was no ABL team to milk the juniors.If an association goes ahead will that be the end of the party for Magics low fee policy,or will things stay the same?However if it does go up i think the club will loose many junior new players to Woodville who are camped at StClair also.Good luck with the association i think its a great idea!

Reply #311879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic = Jetstar

West Adelaide = Ansett

I'd play for Magic if I was a lower division player rather than play for West Adelaide to pay for an ABL team.

Reply #311883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ansett? Really? LOL.

Reply #311892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More like / West= Qantas Western= Jetstar,they form a working group with each other.

Reply #311904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really wonder if in the next few years Magic will retain its strong numbers,maybe by moving out of stclair ?Does anybody know of 2 basketball clubs sharing the same grounds?Or maybe we might see the demise of the warriors because of the move? Whatever the result interesting times are ahead for basketball in the west.

Reply #312095 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754