Anonymous
Years ago

Rashad Tucker

Boti said in today's paper he is currently training with Forestville with a view to possibly playing with them or landing a SEABL contract.

We all know his history both on court (2nd in triple doubles in NBL history) and off court (the stuff up in Cairns) but knowing he's here and would come cheap what about the thought of offering him a contract for next season?

Topic #25205 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Pls explain the stuff up in Cairns?

Reply #312079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps Isaac might prefer to explain that. It was allegedly pretty bad.

Reply #312080 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

What about the stuff ups in Perth and Melbourne?

Reply #312086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let me clarify as the OP I meant "the stuff, up in Cairns". Not "stuff up".

Reply #312089 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Clearances show he's now an Eagle, but he could be cleared to go to another club before season starts ...

Reply #312101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what "stuff" happened in perth/melb/cairns/wherever anon????

Reply #312102 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

How old is he now?

Reply #312106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oi wat did he do! we all wanna know

Reply #312107 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Dont even ask the question of him getting offered a 6ers spot!

Reply #312108 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"he's here and would come cheap what about the thought of offering him a contract for next season"

Hasn't played NBL for a while. Why, after Groves and Chappell, does anyone think Tucker would be a good idea? Defender - no, leader - no, three-point shooter - no. Sacked in Perth, issues in Cairns, failed to appear in court for a drink-driving charge in NZ.

Reply #312139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone deserves a second chance or is it third or fourth?!?!

Reply #312149 | Report this post

Oldcat  
Years ago

Played against Tucker in Millicent a couple of weeks ago. Still very good at creating opportunities for team mates but his foot speed and lack of jump shot was hurting him. Move on would be my suggestion.

Reply #312158 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

(Mod: Let's not go there.)

Reply #312168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker played for the Monarchs in High Stakes Hoops last offseason and these were his numbers:

vs Cyclones: 14pts, 6reb, 5ast 6-7 FG

vs Fleet: 5pts, 8ast, 7reb 1-8 FG, 0-1 3pts

vs Rush: 5pts, 10reb, 5ast 2-7 FG, 1-4 FT

Reply #312212 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

(Mod: Let's not go there.)

Reply #312235 | Report this post

Slander  
Years ago

Orbit & The Brad, I would suggest both be careful with your points of view as both are inaccurate and potentially slanderous...

I would have thought some moderation of this post would be a good idea...

Reply #312284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is looking to get naturalised...if so would be very handy! Woolacott medal for sure this year!

Reply #312468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not slander if it's true.

Reply #312474 | Report this post

Slander  
Years ago

You willing to take that chance..

Hope Tucker follows this through...

Reply #312488 | Report this post

TONE.  
Years ago

I know TUC as a person and a player! Yeah he made a few mistakes. I played against him recently, and i think he better then any import in this weak league! Stay up TUC, they smile in your face!

Reply #312507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha! While he was great in his day, by 2008 he was probably the worst import in the league!

Reply #312511 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

"Slander", i'm not making a statement saying it is true, I said it was alledged.

Reply #312526 | Report this post

TONE.  
Years ago

Lets hear about some of the Aussie players. I dont see any really 'standing out'. I dont think any of them doing that good in the NBL?

Reply #312562 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

How about we go back to getting Imports that haven't been heard of in this league before.

Infact, stick to no more than 1 import. Rather invest the money in Aussie talent considering the failings of the past 2 years in imports.

Reply #312563 | Report this post

TONE.  
Years ago

The talent is not that great here, you got only a few guys. We need imports to play, its about getting the best 1 for your team. Marty is a terrible coach, dont just blame the imports!

Reply #312565 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Imports this year have turned out pretty good after an early bad batch. Ubaka, Dorsey, Blalock, Clark, Ervin, Wilkinson, Braswell, Williams, Lisch - Devendorf was playing well when McPeake fired him - that's over half the league's imports who are very good players.

Even the Kings two imports are playing well now, and then you have guys like Brown, Hudson, Ellis and Gruber who are simply brought in to play a role. At the end of the day it has only really been Adelaide that hasnt go value from their imports as the season wore on.

Then again, they have arguably got the least value out of their local talent too.

Reply #312570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blalock & Braswell are not very good by any ones definition and Lisch has been crap all season.

Reply #312578 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

All those 3 imports have had a solid season. However, Lisch's shooting has been pretty bad this season.

Reply #312583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blalock: 10.9ppg, 3.5apg, 3.3rpg 43% FG, 30% 3pts

Braswell: 10.7ppg, 4.2apg, 2.5rpg, 1.3spg 3.5topg 34% FG, 28% 3pts

Both will be replaced next season.

Reply #312586 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Where are their teams on the ladder out of interest?

Blalock will be back, Braswell may not but he has had a very good career in Europe, and is one of the all-time great Georgetown guards. To say he is a poor import is a bit ignorant for mine.

Reply #312628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tuck wont play in Adelaide as long as that red head dude is a on the coaching staff. they dont get along, something to do when he was in Perth. he's a good dude though and is naturalising so he would be a good look for someone off the bench.

Reply #312729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754