loud paul
Years ago

Crocs mascot warned over behaviour

As the No.1 fan of the mighty CROCS and of the 100% Crocodile, I find it hard to fathom how the NBL can criticise the croc for going a little bit to far. The fact that he does go to far is why we love him. He is part of the arsenal that lifts the fans to make the swamp the most feared away game venue in Australia. It strikes me as hypercritical of the NBL to sanction the Croc for holding his tail between his legs while at the same family game atmosphere the court side announcer tell us the betting odds on the game and how to make a bet. We all know the problems some families have with excessive gambling and then presenting the option while children are listening is going to far. We also all know where a culture of gambling within a sport can lead. But the NBL makes money from the insidious industry so I guess the misery of others is OK by them.
Hands off our CROC and lets drop the gambling advertisements.
THE CROC NEVER FOULS. TOOO TRUEEEE!
Loud Paul

Topic #25245 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

Murray > Croc

Reply #312647 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Townsville Crocodiles team has been cautioned by the National Basketball League over the actions of the club's mascot, The Croc, during the team’s 72-71 victory over the Perth Wildcats at the Townsville Entertainment and Convention Centre (AKA 'The Swamp’) on Friday night.

The club was cautioned after behaviour by The Croc in the third quarter of the game whilst standing behind a Perth player were deemed to be inappropriate.

The NBL has warned the club that any further infractions by their mascot during the course of the 2010/11 NBL season will result in a fine.
"Whilst the antics of our mascots are always entertaining and meant in good fun, The Croc clearly stepped over the line of acceptable behaviour by performing lewd actions on Friday," said NBL General Manager of Operations Chuck Harmison.

“I have spoken to the club directly on this and they accept that their mascot’s behaviour was inappropriate and not in line with the family friendly atmosphere actively promoted by both the NBL and the Crocs themselves. Townsville are now on notice that any future inappropriate behaviour in of this sort will result in a fine.”

Reply #312648 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Gambling is the noblest of passtimes when partaken of by men of suitable repute.

Should scoundrels failing to rise to said levels of nobility wager poorly and too frequently, 'tis no fault of mine when they're handing over blood stained TVs to Cash Converters.

- Sir Betsalot.

Reply #312650 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I guess its the same argument as ciggy companies sponsoring car racing & booze companies going for footy codes. I dont think a betting company should sponsor basketball either but beggers cant be choosers!

Reply #312651 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

What did the Croc do exactly?

Reply #312657 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm guessing this:

holding his tail between his legs

Reply #312660 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Come on it's not that bad, yes he did the wrong thing and yes the league are within their right to warn him. You don't really want a mascot doing that kind of stuff. It was a bit like Murray when he climbed up on the backboard, it was more out of safety and insurance than anything and something needed to be said. I'm sure the Croc won't do it again. I don't think it's that big a deal to warn him.

Reply #312661 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't Buy a Basket has this screencap of it:

The Croc put his tail between his leg and looked to simulate an anal probe on an unknowing Wildcats player.

Reply #312664 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

That is gold, but I can see where the NBL is coming from here.

Still, I got a good chuckle from it.

Reply #312670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

halarious!!!

Reply #312673 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

lol @ "simulate an anal probe"

Reply #312678 | Report this post

yo  
Years ago

LOL, that is ABSOLUTE GOLD!

Reply #312679 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Mummy? What's the Croc doing to that man?

And where do baby Crocs come from?

Reply #312681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sure its funny but any teams mascot who had that done to their player would cry foul so i think its a fair call.
if 1 mascot pushes the line and gets away with it then every mascot will start pushing the envelope, very hard to control once it all get into a pattern.
i agree with the decision i think its out of line for the overall view of basketball.
funny to townsville but overall not good.

Reply #312683 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought it might've been harmless from the description, but that image suggests it was definitely pretty lewd and worth the warning.

Could the Croc be said to have wagged his staff?

Reply #312684 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ah, reminds me of the movie "Top Secret" when the prisoner's parcel gets mixed up. Instead of a file to cut through the bars, he gets an "An@l Invader".
To quote the Nazi officer: "It took us half an hour just to wipe the smile from his face"

Reply #312687 | Report this post

Here's Humphrey  
Years ago

The old sly butcher....try to sneak the meat in the back door!!!!

Reply #312688 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

is that heads or tails?

Reply #312689 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Hilarious - I remember seeing it live and laughing my hardest

However understand where the NBL is coming from.

The next game the croc should wear a black and white suit and a orange jumpsuit to show he got in trouble for it.

Reply #312694 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

That was gold and hilarious indeed.

Reply #312701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey jack toft - anal intruder

get it right mate :)

Reply #312736 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Not as bad as the maley Seaeagles - Hoppa finger incident

Reply #312740 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Bring back the little basketball's and award yourself one for that little gem Isaac ;)

Reply #312741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares about a frame by frame breakdown it was about 2 sec worth of harmless fun

Reply #312770 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL. Invader / intruder, I must admit I can't remember. I assume it says intruder on your box?
(joke)

Reply #312773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets ask Jesse Wagstaff how he felt about it all!?

Reply #312797 | Report this post

Imnoballer  
Years ago

Some thoughts .........

I needed a breather not a breeder...

I got the pointy end of that schtick....

Is that all you got...

Excuse me, come again....

Call me...

and

What a load of Croc....

Reply #312801 | Report this post

Player shoulda turned to the Croc and said "eat me".

Reply #312958 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754