Mystro
Years ago

Kirk Penney commits to Breakers

Kirk Penney has confirmed that he committed to playing for the Breakers next season
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/basketball/news/article.cfm?c_id=21&objectid=10714307

Topic #25255 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

Good news for breakers fans.

I'd be suprirsed if the breakers will be able to retain the rest of their roster.

I'd suggest a few of their 'developmental' players would be in line for big salary adjustments so will be forced out.

Reply #312823 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

no, Jake if you read the article you will see that Paul Henare is retiring and a 1 year extension has been sorted with CJ, Penney has committed even tho he was always contracted. Vukona and Boucher are still contracted for next season as are Pledger and Webster (2013). Abercrombie is contracted but has an out clause for Europe and they are likely to retain both Imports once the local players are sorted. There will be one spot up for grabs in the roster for next season

Reply #312830 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If Abercrombie stays, which I think he will, I imagine BJ Anthony would be a good chance to get that last remaining spot.

Reply #312847 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

agreed Paul, kid has game and is another big body to clog up the paint.

Reply #312848 | Report this post

manute bol  
Years ago

How many times has boucher retired then come back?

Reply #312882 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

as far as I know he has only retired from International duties. Phil Jones also retired from the national team but made himself available for the WC in Turkey

Reply #312884 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Wow they are actually going to keep that fatty Braswell, goodluck with that!

Reply #312945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penney didn't sound like he had committed on Overtime tonight. When he was asked about his plans for next season whether he will stay with the Breakers, go to Europe etc he said he just wants to concentrate on trying to win a championship this season and will think about that stuff after the season.

Reply #312954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they have got wind that the NBL are finally employing a salary cap auditor, so the gig is up.....even Gaze implied on overtime last night that "the Breakers have done an outstanding job getting that team under the salary cap"...an outstanding job of evasion indeed....

Reply #313035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10th player is going to be Sean Marks. So look out next season. Breakers will be champs again next season as well.

Reply #313408 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yeah cos Sean Marks will fit into the cap and allowed points as a replacement for Paul Henare

Reply #313475 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mystro, they could easily bring him in to replace Wilkinson?

Reply #313479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754