magician
Years ago

Western Magic moving?

just heard that magic might be moving to the parks community centre,is this true?If so ,i think its a good idea to move out of st clair and get away from the warriors.

Topic #25263 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

not heard this until but magic are a very proactive club so moving to parks might well be great opportunity to create strong localised base.
Would be in conjunction with West and give club stronger foundation.
Magic are a club that is on the move.

Reply #312997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the future of the parks uncertain and the terrible floors there I think It would be a terrible move

Reply #313002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would be good for woodville

Reply #313014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville have less teams than magic so it was a poor move to kick magic out of st clair

Reply #313015 | Report this post

Magic Person  
Years ago

Please people get your facts right Magic is not going anywhere they are staying at St.Clair and will be there for a while.

Reply #313019 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

Dont know if it is true ,but it would be a master stroke by western if they pulled this of.Who ever thought tis up is a genius.plus its a bit closer to the port also,maybe some west teams could train there also it would give the coaches a chance to check out magics teams and get magics players to be familiar with the staff from west!All in all a brilliant idea.

Reply #313022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The youth of westwood would like this to happen,having a basketball club here would be pretty handy.me & my mates would love going for a swim after training or a game.After seeing some other stadiums i am sure basketball sa will approve this one.good times & hot dogs are ahead GO MAGIC!

Reply #313048 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

westwood
westville
westernville

magic moving i think not - Magic are here to stay -look at their growth they are planning progresive and family orientated.
Magic are proud to be leading the way in the west

Reply #313145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leading what in the west? When you get Div 1 staus then you can lead, but until then you can not lead from Div 2 or 3.

Reply #313147 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

We have div 1 status by our association with west Adelaide.Maybe in a few years warriors will be begging to join also.

Reply #313163 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

So you have to join to THINK you have Div 1 status? LOL You do not have have div 1 status and looking at recent draws that have come out you can't even get Div 2 status. Try hards.. and by the way Woodville did want to merge with you and I think that was a good thing... I don't seem to see West Adelaide change their name ot their constitution or their logo change? What makes you think you are part of West? Perhaps they are taking you for the suckers you are?

Reply #313167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree by not accepting what woodville was offering we only accepted the same deal from west?At least cougars that came over have some kind of reminder on the strips.Magic players have just drowned in the bearcat sea.

Reply #313250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodys lost in long term because in all but 2 of the six girls teams they are div 3 standard and dont deserve to be an accredited district tean in girls.

Reply #313273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodys lost in long term because in all but 2 of the six girls teams they are div 3 standard and dont deserve to be an accredited district tean in girls.

Reply #313274 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Still better the magic , ahh magic what a funny group of teams they are.

Reply #313295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least they have groups unlike woodville who cant field girls teams in the ones and brag about being a div 1 club

Reply #313296 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Changes to uniforms and association name, will eventually happen and be an agreement by BOTH clubs not just a demand from one, west/western assoc is moving slowly but surely with the two clubs working together for the benefit of all members and players. Each move forward has to happen gradually with acceptance by both parties. Unfortunately the two clubs also have to deal with the negative naysayers and rumour mongering by others, suck it up and let them get on with it!

Reply #313309 | Report this post

never  
Years ago

West will never change thier name or logo TOO much history to allow a social club like magic expect them too change.......................

Reply #313310 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

doesn't need to change TOO much, just enough to acknowledge Western Magic as part of the association. Life without change means a stagnant death, would rather see what is happening now, change being embraced by the two clubs and being leaders in another era of basketball for the Western suburbs

Reply #313312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have noticed that most magic teams are playing at the port ,is this a part of the agreement between the clubs so that western players are used to home games there if they choose to or are good enough to move up?With that also is magic slowly being pushed out of stclair.

Reply #313316 | Report this post

never  
Years ago

Reply #313312

re: Western Magic moving?

doesn't need to change TOO much, just enough to acknowledge Western Magic as part of the association. Life without change means a stagnant death, would rather see what is happening now, change being embraced by the two clubs and being leaders in another era of basketball for the Western suburbs
----------------------------------------------------
The W in West Adelaide is the same as the W in Western magic that should be enough ...
PS or go stand alone and be like torrens valley and Never play div 1 but be a great social club like you already are......( west dont need to add magic to thier name or never will)

Reply #313323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic played most of its home games at the dome & at port Adelaide even before woodville moved to stclair and before talks with west so don"t worry about it,i think its just the way basketball SA are scheduling things around.Plus it is a bonus the teams get to play at the port.And west does not need to change anything to accommodate us we are quiet happy with the way things are now,have not heard a complaint from any former magic players down there because they are too busy having a great time.

Reply #313350 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

doesn't need to change TOO much?????????????????? without western magic players not much of a winning thing happening!!!!!!!!!! uniforms should have more than just W. share the love West Adelaide

Reply #313365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doesn't need to change TOO much?????????????????? without western magic players not much of a winning thing happening!!!!!!!!!! uniforms should have more than just W. share the love West Adelaide

-----------------------------------------------------
ha ha no love
good players move to west and play Div one or stay at the social club Magic and play no higher than div 2,Magic keep thier own name and just act as a feeder club to West ...................

Reply #313374 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

omg! get OVER yourself people - share the love? western magic -embrace the association! west adelaide will never change? - move on! what an opportunity both clubs have to become a strength in the western suburbs. Sorry if i am wrong but is it supposed to be about kids and sport or parents and their own selfish interest!!!!

Reply #313378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Magic is to survive as a club they must move out of St Clair,sharing with woodville is just stupid.Why would you want to play for a club in lower divs then find out later you only have to go to another club ten kilometers further and be hit with a new uniform charge not to mention total team change.

Reply #313451 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i'm back.... it's ok issac i know it's another magic thread that i'm sure i could get lock but lets let magic talk themselves up for another season and do nothing as has happened for how many seasons now i mean everyone knows what u do at state champs counts for everything at div1 level till your social get togethers is at that level then shut the ???? up u r a social club playing at a high social level feeding an actual club not a social get together enough said

Reply #313462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball SA has killed the cougar now magic is next!

Reply #313506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely BSA only desexed the Cougars and magic had only wee, wee ones to begin with so they are safe.

Reply #313508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why move we were here first its up to woodville to find a new pad,maybe Alberton sports hall.Whenever you enter st clair remember your at our ground so have some respect for the tiel and white.We are watching,nothing evades us!

Reply #313523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'cept talent!

Reply #313525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will leave the talent for woodville since they are so full of it,but we will play with heart.

Reply #313871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check training rosters and ya will see that western has the hall exlusively for their needs,and the cheescake shop colored woodvillians have to train all around the place because of this-ya baby stclair belongs to magic we own it as we are going to own ya on the courts .

Reply #314094 | Report this post

wax on wax off  
Years ago

st clair traditionally has been woodville's junior hatchery - that's where it all started for them 30 -40 years ago

Reply #314097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems both woodville and magic have suicided and are still calling each other names from the grave. Sack both head women of each club and take a step forward.

Reply #314125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon you idiot. Western Magic are a joke, Own ya on the courts, What from Div 3 where most of your teams are?

Reply #314147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All west Adelaide did was steal magics players they desperately needed now truly they can see they have been taken for a ride. I agree to the above both clubs that is western and woodville should get rid of the women in charge,unite and look forward into the future.Cant you see the whole stand alone thing is bulshit.

Reply #314207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forrestville & Magic will be getting together in the future,this mass of players will kick the warriors out of clairville and the goldnblue will move in.GO FORRESTVILLE EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #314287 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754