+
Years ago

country associations in Easter tourney?

wondering if any combined country associations are playing over Easter to prepare for junior state champs ?

Topic #25283 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Murray Bridge, Victor Harbor and Adelaide Hills will combine. Its called Eastern Mavericks.

Reply #313396 | Report this post

leyland brothers  
Years ago

interesting discussion point here -

an elite u14 country player could (and I emphasis could) play in this many top level tournaments in a year -

country cup - Albury ie sharks, magpies

SA Country championships - Wayville - local home association

state champs - Adelaide either metro club of combo country association team

classics - melbourne either club or combo association if they do well in state champs

u14s club championships - ? not sure on that one if their combo association finished top 2 or 3 in state champs - definitely if they play for a metro club.

if they play for norwood, sturt or woddville - there is a good chance easter tourney will be offered as these clubs usually field several teams

that makes for an interesting year

Reply #313403 | Report this post

leyland brothers  
Years ago

i have a feeling that the combo country associations have not been previously eligible for u14s national club and melbourne classics though.

But certainly they could play if they played for a metro club.

Reply #313404 | Report this post

leyland brothers  
Years ago

i don't think mavericks usually put any / many teams in the norwood tourney over easter y/n ?

Reply #313405 | Report this post

anonaswell!  
Years ago

you are right Leyland brothers, I have done just what you decribed and also thrown in Nationals with another child as well. Doesn't pay to add up the costs! Worst thing is keeping the balance between District commitments and SACBA, they don't always like to share!! I found the players well being often was their last consideration.

Reply #313457 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754