skip
Years ago

Hoops FNBL Grand Final - Week 2

Hey all

Still waiting on the Halftime scores. Will post them as soon as they come through.

Final time to post your teams. Remember cut off time this week is 5pm Wednesday.

Only changes to your existing line up can be made this week.

Good Luck.

Topic #25287 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Halftime and it's anyones game

skip 199 leading Bizzy 122
Statman 216 leading Xztatik 213
Beantown 197 leading TR 124
Lockie 210 leading DB5 173

Reply #313445 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

How's that big game from Lucas Walker X? Looks like my boys are keeping you in the race for third! And Eddie F'n Shannon where were those points when I had you!

Skip, the Chelsea Daggers are surely bringing home the trophy from here. You lose Sav this week, but you get to bring back Penney and Tragardh. Tough break for you!

Bad luck Biz, you've done well to come home strong, but I think you've got too many guys sitting on the sidelines this week to deny Skip.

I'm feeling okay with the battle for the spoon so far. TR's Team B has had a few 'contract performances' in week one though, so he isn't out of it yet!

Badgers for Spoon Final - Week 2

Just the one big change with Marto taking a well-earned rest. Badgers management have also rewarded Gilder for his good play with the captaincy for the final week. With three Kings players in the starting lineup, the Badgers will be needing a big finish from them against the Blaze this week.

Crosswhite
Gilder (c)
Loughton
Madgen
Dickel

Hinder
Boucher
Cadee

Janev
Martin

Reply #313469 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

Thanks for running the competition Skip! Very well done and congratulations on your victory!

My final team for this week:

C: Davidson
F: Clark (captain)
F: Rychart
G: Carter
G: Cedar

B: Williamson
B: Tait
B: Ervin

DNP: Weigh
DNP: Majok

Reply #313473 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Ease up, I havn't won yet.

Wilkonson could still put in a blinder and Penney could go rubbish.

The Chelsea Daggers final match line up is...

STARTERS
G: 'Captain' Kirk Penney
G: Corey 'Homicide' Williams
F: Cameron 'Trigger' Tragardh
F: Ronald 'McDonald' Dorsey
C: Luke 'Please come home' Schenscher

BENCHERS
F: Mitch 'Wolf' Creek
C: Daniel 'DJ' Johnson
G: Peter 'Um?' Crawford

REST IT UP BOYS
F: Glen 'Sav' Saville
G: Brad 'Muppet' Robbins

Reply #313483 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

DB's final duds for the season..

STARTERS
Bruton (Eric Clapton)
Harvey
Hill
Hoare
Knight

BENCH BOYS
Crosswell
Sanders
Dowdell

STAYING HOME TO START PRESEASON
Tovey
Hudson

Reply #313576 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thanks again skip, please don't relegate me next season!!!

Reply #313577 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Alright I'll concede now as I have no forwards playing this week. Well done Skip.

C - Wilkinson (Captain)
F - Andre 'I'm not playing' Brown
F - Adam 'I can't walk' Ballinger
G - Chris 'Pool Cleaner' Goulding
G - Luke 'Hopefully I turn up this week' Martin

B - Daniel 'I better not go better than Luke' Dillon
B - Matthew 'Why'd I have to suck GF week' Burston
B - Oscar 'I'm another Forward not playing' Forman

IR - Jesse 'I'm not playing' Wagstaff
IR - Matt 'I really should retire' Campbell

Reply #313578 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Wow, conceding already! Good win skip!
Let's hope Wilko doesn't go off for 40 and 20 now Bizz...

Reply #313579 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Got to admit, feeling rather confident now.

Already got the T Shirts made up.

Reply #313583 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Gee X has gone quiet hasnt he :)

C Julian Khazzouh (captain)
F Tom Garlepp
F Mika Vukona
G Kevin Lisch
G Ayinde Ubaka

F Phil Jones
F Jacob Holmes
C Alex Pledger

G Rhys Martin
G Tom Greer

Well done Skip - timed your run well and ended up way out in front when it counted :)

Reply #313587 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

WILKONSON SITS OUT THE GAME!!

Sorry Biz!

Reply #313633 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

*** BREAKING NEWS - REPORTED BY PEREZ HILTON ****

Reports are swirling think and fast out of Malaysia's tropic island paradise of Langkawi that the manager of Canberra Choke has been sighted snorting coke of the backside of 5 hookers whilst downing pints of Carlsberg beach-side. The GM is out partying hard whilst his team remains home and continues to struggle.

The GM managed to take 5 minutes of his time away from the hookers and coke to give us a quick chat.

"This season has been f**ked, we got a$$ raped by injuries, losing practically our starting 5. The pr**ks didn't even use KY or spit this season. Just bent over and shafted". (Note: The GM is up to pint number 5 after 3 hookers and some serious nasal damage)

"We supposedly bought in a gun ex-NBA'er in Trey Gilder. Serious, what type of f*#$ing name is Trey Gilder. His performance wasn't worthy of the WNBA when he arrive, so we traded him to cut some cash, and gain a used condom and a dude named after a freaking ice-cream cone. The trade was made to generate some good-will. Then the prick starts to perform.... Thanks for the shaft job there Trey"

The GM then went on and said that after the draft, and the first few rounds he believed he a top 4 squad.

"We drafted pretty well, and things were pretty happy to the club house. We had 4 players that could put a double-double each night and we though the bench would be strong" he said.

"Our season well and truly went to sh*t when we lost our second round pick, and starting centre, Anthony Petrie. We never really recovered from that, and our backup just isn't a starter in this league".

"We then had our two import guards cut. TJ Campbell just never got it done, and DeVries, the dude had a dodgy groin and got punted. Interesting find about groins and Devries from UrbanDictionary. Google it".

"Things became depressing when our first round pick, Shawn Redhage popped his hip. Seriously, who and how the f*#k do you 'pop a hip'. F*#k me, can this sh*t get any worse. We had then lost or 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th round picks due to injury or under performance" the GM said.

"The Canberra Choke will be back next season, fingers crossed still in the top league. When I return to Australia, I'll drop some um err um keys cough cough um hookers cough err to the rest of the owners and see that I can't convince for the Choke to stay in the top league. No team deserves the luck this franchise had this season".

We left the interview there, as the GM just slide off his stool in a drunken puddle of beer, hookers and coke.

Reply #313983 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

The choke certainly have my vote to stay in the top tier - their coach is also believed to be in the sights of the Blaze who reportedly love his attitude. :)

Reply #313992 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The GM of the Canberra Choke appreciates the words resonating out of the Gold Coast...

Blonde, brunette or red head????

Reply #314015 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

LOL, TR, you have my vote as long as they are Aussie, not ones picked up from a Malaysian bar in your drunken state. Not sure what they might be then, heard those coke goggles are VERY strong. Good luck with the nasal damage as well there mate, bit hard to do your day job with that persistent sniff.

Reply #314016 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

No one is droping out of this league for next season (unless they want out). If we have 2 leagues playing next season the top league will still have all of you.

However, results from that season will decide relagation/promotion.

Reply #314037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754