LC
Years ago

Albury Sports Stadium renamed in honour of LJ

As reported on the Basketball Australia website:

Australian Jayco Opals star Lauren Jackson will see her name honoured in her home town of Albury, after the Albury local council unanimously endorsed the move to rename the The Albury Sports Stadium The Lauren Jackson Sports Centre.

Jackson will join other home-grown sporting icons in tennis player Margaret Court and footballer Haydn Bunton in having facilities named in their honour in Albury.

"It is extremely appropriate it be called the Lauren Jackson Sports Centre, particularly given her love of Albury and her parochialism towards Albury and the fact she is hoping one day to come back here and raise a family."

Full Artcicle

I love it - great move by the council up there in Albury.

Topic #25295 | Report this topic

good on them and Lojack.

honour where honour is due.

Reply #313563 | Report this post

manute  
Years ago

Now they should have an NBL team based there. It's a huge population in that region.

Reply #313590 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I do not think they can support an NBL team there manute despite the area being substantial and basketball being so popular.

They do have an SEABL team though.

Great basketball venue they have there at Albury too by the way despite its age. It is one of my favourites.

Reply #313594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:00 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754