Mystro
Years ago

NBL Semi Final predictions

With the Taipans easily beating the Crocs and slipping up into 3rd spot, we now have a Reptile Rumble Semi Final with the Crocs and the Taipans up against each other and the Breakers and Wilcats fighting it out for the other Finals spot.

As a Breakers fan I feel fairly comfortable with the Wildcats as their opponent in the Semi's even with the travel distances. Sure they kaned NZ in Perth earlier in the season but since then they have lost Knight and Redhage and are a far different team as a result. Being playoff games, I expect the final score lines to be pretty close but I'm gonna pick NZ to take game 1 and 2.

The Crocs have been playing some great team basketball lately and I fully expect them to take the series Vs the Taipans and like the Breakers Perth series I expect it to be over in 2 games. Nothing against Cairns but Townsville have a great team and coach and have played superbly the last few months where Cairns have been a bit up and down.

No blowouts in either series.

Topic #25319 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Have Perth lost Knight for the finals? I think he was just concussed and recovered.

I think NZ and Townsville will get through 2-1 in their respective series.

Reply #314024 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

Cats have lost to NZ by 2 and 3 points away this year and both times were in a chance to win it on the last play. I say the cats in 4th spot have no pressure on them so we might see NZ take the mantle off the kings as the violet crumbles . Also cats will have had 2 weeks of come game one and NZ 3rd game in 8 days.So if the Cats are going to take this one they must win the first game if it gose to 3 then NZ.

Reply #314032 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Rooboy, but is 2 weeks off advantageous?

I would think not.

I think alot of head coaches would probably rather play 3 games in 8 days then have 2 days off.

In those recent Breakers games, they have been resting their stars and giving the bench extended mintues.

Reply #314042 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Perth - best defensive team in the league and 3rd best in offensive production.

NZ - 2nd worst defensive team in the league and best offensive production.

Defence traditionally wins finals. That makes me lean to Perth to beat NZ. I think it may depend on how much the refs let Perth's players get away with, defensively. If none of the refs are the guys who usually do the NZ home games, then Perth will win. Otherwise, they may not get away with their defensive holding and pushing enough to stop NZ getting 2 winning scores in 3 games.

Other series will be Townsville in 2 games.

Reply #314102 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754