Isaac
Years ago

International Players of the Year: Mills, Grima

Patty Mills and Hollie Grima have been named International Players of the Year for the male and female categories respectively. Pretty impressive for both given pretty strong competition.

Topic #25346 | Report this topic

baller  
Years ago

How the hell can Pat Mills win the men's international player of the year when Bogut is leading the NBA in blocks and is in the top 5 for rebounds and also averaging over 10 points a game!!
I'm a patty fan too but we have to be realistic about what he's achieved compared to Bogut this season. And remember Bogut has been playing with basically one good arm.

Reply #314282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ +1

Reply #314284 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

It isn't just about the NBA. Otherwise, Bogut and LJ would win every year from now until 2050. OK, maybe not but you get my drift.

That said, I'd like to see the criteria. Probably relates to how well Mills and Grima did in international play but ..... was there any???

Reply #314289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a small tournament called the world championships.

Reply #314293 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And Bogut didn't play in the World's...

For mine, it was going to be between guys that played at the world's and also plying their trade in either the NBA or at the highest levels in Europe.

This criteria would have eliminated Bogut. therefore the field would have been something like Mills, Andersen, Nielsen, Maric, Newley and Ingles (or something like that).

Mills is a good and popular choice I would have thought. Despite not getting big minutes for the Trail Blazers, he continues to draw publicity.

On another note and going way off topic, imagine what a guy like Patty Mills could do for the NBL if he was to return? Mills is exactly the type of guy the NBL needs - a high profile, likeable guy with character and the x-factor the media just love. Not ot mention his native Australian history...

Reply #314300 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

We can only dream LC. When do people think we will know if there is going to be an NBA lockout?

Reply #314313 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That's exactly what I was doing Paul...

As for the lockout, I have no idea.

Reply #314317 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Anonymous, I set em up, you knock em down.

Reply #314420 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Mills I can understand, but Grima?? I would love to hear the rationale behind that one!

Reply #314428 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #314440 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree DD. I was traveling when the women's WCs were on so didnt want to comment, but those stats are pretty average - she must have had a whole universe load fo Dillon Boucher moments!

Reply #314459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754