vale ale best beer
Years ago

WNBA draft on ESPN at 5am Tues

just putting it out there

Topic #25389 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Be worth watching the Liz Cambage Spectacular.
She's bringing her mother along.
The feeling is good . Pick number one.

Reply #315007 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Would take balls of steel for any GM to pass up Maya Moore at #1. She's worth #1, but I think she'll go #2.
Rachel Jarry should be snapped up before the 2nd round is done.

Reply #315009 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

5:00am is EST btw

Reply #315010 | Report this post

hopefully with espn2 this year we get a few more games on TV

Reply #315011 | Report this post

all going as predicted - Liz goes at number 2 )

Reply #315022 | Report this post

jarry to atlanta - !!! at pick 18 - well done

Reply #315023 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

A shout out by Kevin Durant on his facebook to Cambage

"Kevin Durant
Shout out to Elizabeth Cambage for being selected #2 in the WNBA draft by the Tulsa Shock. Gotta support my OK basketball family. Will be at their games this summer for sure. Follow her on twitter and show her some support http://twitter.com/ecambage"

Reply #315026 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Just watched an ESPN report online which said 'crossing news - Cambage is not expected to play for the Shock in 2012 as she will be playing in her National League in Australia".

Does that mean she will play 2011 and not go in 2012 or is she not going this year at all.

Contrasts with what she said in interviews afterwards - getting to Tulsa 14 May.

Anyone?

Reply #315029 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Durant is one of the good guys.

From Adelaide Now:

Melbourne teenager Liz Cambage hit the basketball big time today when she was taken at No. 2 in the WNBA draft.

Cambage, 19, was picked up by Tulsa Shock, who sent a recruiting team to Melbourne recently to meet her and her family and watch her play for Bulleen Boomers.

"I have been given a wonderful opportunity to play with and against the highest quality players in the world. It is a dream come true," Cambage said.

"It will be a great challenge, physically and mentally, that will enable me to develop as a player and learn a different style of game from what we play in Australia.

"I have already met some of the Tulsa fans, who have been very welcoming. I've heard they are some of the most passionate and loyal in the competition."

ankles, wonder if BA are paying for her to play locally during an Olympic year?

Reply #315030 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

She looked beautiful.
(BA would like as many as possible here in 2012.
What's her best preparation for London.
Here or WNBA. Probably WNBA.)

Reply #315032 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Congrats Cambage and Jarry! Both should do well when they make the move over.

Quite a few Aussies now signed to teams in the WNBA...and with the prospect of more in the coming few years.

Reply #315034 | Report this post

2011 a definite - 2012 yet to be fully decided - IMO

Reply #315036 | Report this post

LC - Tomlinson must have been close - a lot of TV coverage on her and was listed as a "best available" for the 3-4 spot on the telecast for some time.

Reply #315041 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Yeah, not sure why they kept putting that graphic on the screen because in the many dozens of mock drafts I had seen she rarely rated a mention.

Liz was in full fabulous mode though, representing Australia in style.

News report with interview, plus footage of her being selected:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwGp4FipV5g

Draft Day photo gallery:
http://www.wnba.com/gallery/2011_draft_picks_4.html

I'm hoping that the Opals decide en masse to stay home from the 2012 WNBA season, but that would have to include the Jacksons & the Taylors to be effective, otherwise Liz might as well keep heading stateside. It's not like there is even the remote possibility of her being left out of the olympic team if she misses a few camps.

Reply #315047 | Report this post

Years ago

Dunkin Dan - Luuuc ran a good thread on the draft, if you get a chance to read it ;-)

Reply #315049 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tomlinson was a victim of playing on a small-time team in mid-major conference.

She may still get picked up as a FA though. A year or two in the WNBL though would be both good for her and the league though too.

Reply #315052 | Report this post

Years ago

so LC any suggestions of where Tomlinson would be a good fit ? is she homeward bound ? or is it too early to have any clear idea on next season's teams ?

Reply #315053 | Report this post

Years ago

what chance boomers for back to back ....

jarry
cambeige
o'hea
all with a wnba season behind them - put your glasses down.

Reply #315054 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Honestly, I have no idea where Tomlinson may be headed.

Europe could be an option as well, but I reckon a season in the NBL, possibly with a Victorian based team may be on the radar.

Reply #315057 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Clearing sensing the triumph of the evening,
two good articles in news adelaide now , and it's not an exaggeration to say that the whole town was talking
"At pick number 2 in the 2011 WNBA Draft. Tulsa Shock
Elizabeth Cambeige , from Australia."
Wonderful stuff. Shown on SBS news and sports tonite
a great story on that 10th anniversary of LJ's draft.
We've gotta LC n EC on here and in the WNBA.

Reply #315109 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nice!

Jarry traded to Minnesota

The Minnesota Lynx traded Felecia Chester to the Atlanta Dream for Rachel Jarry and a 2012 second round draft pick.

And this from Jarry on Twitter:

Quote: Think I just got traded to @MinnesotaLynx!! Crazyyyy morning but I get to play with Maya Moore one day.. AMAZINGGGGGGG! #stillinshock

Reply #315233 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:04 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754