skull
Years ago

taipans v crocs game 3

does anyone know if this game is live on one hd ??
i can't find it anywhere.........lachlan won't want the nbl ratings on his resume.(young lockie murdoch and young jimmy packer are a pair of dickheads)

seriously,it might save me $250 on the skytrans flight!!!

Topic #25390 | Report this topic

Steve cairns  
Years ago

I have just found it on a yahoo tv guide 2.00 pm till 4.00 pm Sunday. I am in the same boat do I go. ??? $250 or watch it in tv the first time we have made it this far I am tempted to go. I hope this helps.

Reply #315013 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

thanks steve,just read it in the cairns post this morning that it is live at 2pm on sunday.

i might put that $250 on the taipans to win!!

Reply #315024 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

And you will lose that $250 :p With a week to get ready, at home, atmosphere will be intense....Townsville surely in a one off game. Cairns really arent all that good, they have played way above there 'weight division' in this series, dont see that happening for a 3rd straight game.

Reply #315035 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Why the hell is this game on Sunday, a week after the last game. The NBL has no idea how to schedule their finals format.
It makes no sense to have the game so long after game 2. Why can't they have it on Wed or Thurs night like the other semi final.

The they could have game 1 of the finals on sunday, game 2 next wed, then game 3 on the sat.
Is this just too much common sense for the NBL to work with.
The last thing you need is a frawn out finals series.

Reply #315038 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Fizzle you are correct that the Taipans are punching above their weight this season but no reason why they can't get the Crocs Scalp in this game.

Reply #315043 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Scheduling has been an issue with this series but for several reasons:

Cairns Convention centre was holding a large international convention all this week so the only time they could play was Saturday night, meaning games had to be back to back.

The Crocs chose to play on Sunday because the Cowboys play on Saturday and Friday night the Townsville Entertainment & Convention centre is booked out for the James Cook University's graduation ceremonies.

Reply #315044 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Boys/Girls make the trip, win or lose it is still worth it. Get a car load together and spend the 4 hours on the road, you'll be home before midnight.You'll kick yourself if Cairns win!

During the telecast I noticed a lot of empty seats at the Swamp on Friday night so I suspect getting a ticket won't be hard.

The Gong punched above their weight last season and got real close, Cairns have shown enough throughout the season to show they can get close.

Reply #315055 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

when i breakdown the last 2 games down and weigh them up-home court v home court- away court v away court,i have to say cairns look the better team.

very,very dangerous situation for the crocs because cairns still has nothing to lose,they have already achieved more than expected.....let's roll the dice !!

Reply #315069 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

skull, how can you say Cairns have nothing to lose. They have the opportunity of playing the grand final (and possibly winning it) to lose. Whether anyone including themselves expected to get this far has nothing to do with it now. The fact is they have made it this far and now are in a position to have a whole lot to lose if they don't win game 3. Do you think any of the players would be thinking that we have already done more than expected, we can just relax now. The job is not complete yet and they have to continue to fight on. Especially after the convincing home win of game 2 in comparison to the less convincing home win of game 1, Cairns are looking better than Townsville.

Reply #315087 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

EC- cairns has a very thin roster.
we have been one injury away from sixth spot all year,which has been a major concern(particulary the way they defend so agressively).
eg.what happened when loughton had that injury scare,they nearly missed the finals altogether.
i'm sure the players and coaching staff are well aware of this situation.

Reply #315099 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

who is your YAP again? oh thats right, youre cheating the NBL on that one...

Reply #315128 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Id say human nature gets involved and yep Cairns in some ways at some point in GM3 will think what we've achieved is good enough. Again, like ive said before, as soon as Dorsey's Taipan season is done, the Adelaide 36ers need to call him and sign him, and Clarke needs to allow him, to play his style.

Reply #315135 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

DJ Rod - i don't know about the YAP situation.
i know when young kerry williams went down they tried to suggest he did it during training after the season had actually started.(i saw him do it at the pre-season game)

to tell you the truth i hadn't heard anything else about the YAP......please fill me in !!

Reply #315147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754