Isaac
Years ago

Homicide to play SEABL with Brisbane

Corey "Homicide" Williams joins Brisbane Spartans

A standout performer with the Townsville Crocs in 2010 Williams has just finished a spectacular season with the Melbourne Tigers where he assisted in turning round the season after joining the team late.

The Spartans travel away this week-end to Mt Gambier before playing in Melbourne and will be without Williams until the after Easter due to immigration requirements.

Brisbane fans will have to wait until May 7th before they get to see Williams play. The Brisbane Spartans will be playing the Knox Raiders in both men and women in what is fast becoming a huge inter-state rivalry.
Brisbane already have Cortez Groves and Greg Vanderjagt.

Topic #25391 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Reply #315056 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looking to naturalise and figured he might as well play while he's here? Or are they throwing money around?

Reply #315059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasnt he going to peurto rico or how you spell it

Reply #315061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking to become a naturalised Australian. Brisbane will prop him up with some cash in the meantime.

Must mean he has already signed a deal with Melbourne or another NBL team.

Reply #315062 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

If he is in fact naturalising he would be a fantastic pick up for any NBL club. Would he be a chance for the Boomers in London?

Reply #315063 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

Could he be the first signing of a new Brisbane NBL team maybe?

Where is the Brisbane NBL scenario at these days? is it going to happen?

Reply #315064 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

The most recent news has been things are stalled and a second victorian team or a Newcastle team is much more likely

Reply #315066 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If he played for the Boomers your turnover count would look similar to the amount of points the other team will score

Reply #315067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Sammy Gazzo playing for that team?

Reply #315068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No extra teams in for the next season. Brissy look likely for the one after.

Reply #315070 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gazzo plays for them, yes. Cannan too.

Reply #315071 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

My understanding is that to represent the Boomers, he must be naturalised and also demonstrate permanent residency in Australia for a minimum of four years. So London 2012 may not be out of the question? His first NBL season was I think 2008. Probably depends on where he paid his taxes.

Reply #315072 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Does Ricky Rubio , Chris Paul , Steve Nash
play in that team, also ?

Reply #315073 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

Brisbane to come into the comp in 2013. Most likely playing at Chandler.

Reply #315076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wont be chandler no, its southbank

Reply #315077 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Haha Homicide representing Australia at the Olympics....thats a funny

Reply #315080 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind having homicide as a boomer, reminds me a bit of shane heal in attitude. But Mills and Homicide = Turnovers Galore! But his penetration and ability to get to the line and some lead passes to Bogut could work.

Reply #315085 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Haha classic people actually like this idea even remotely. Corey Williams isnt all that good a player, he survives in the NBL, when the offense allows him to do what he wants. He would struggle in all areas at the International level. But still keep going, this stuff makes me laugh on a Tuesday night

Reply #315086 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Brisbane won't be coming back in to the NBL any time soon.

Reply #315088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is eddie still paying the bils

Reply #315093 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

Trust me.....it's Chandler!

Reply #315104 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Fizzle, I don't think he is "surviving" in the NBL, he was MVP a season ago. He is one of the better imports the league has seen.

I dunno what is so funny about it either, at the least he adds to the depth of Aussie guards and he would have to be at least close to cracking the team as a 3rd string guard.

Reply #315108 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brian Wethers was MVP one year and struggling to stay in the league not long after, wasn't he?

Homicide was MVP, then not re-signed by his team, not picked up by any other side, and only then taken as a replacement for a struggling duo of guards. Like Townsville, I think he can help win a team games but maybe not enough?

Reply #315116 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, I imagine he would be a devastating addition to any SEABL side though. Can't imagine too many teams being able to stay in front of him.

Homicide is a leading player at NBL level, but for mine he is no Rob Rose, D-Mac or Ricky Grace. Not enough of a pass-first get-your-team-involved PG to be up to it at international level.

Reply #315121 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY, yes, no doubt he could score almost as much as he could be bothered scoring at SEABL level.

Reply #315157 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Years ago

Local media reports that the NBL is warming to the idea of expansion to Newcastle, which may not be a good sign for the state of the Bullets bid.

Re: Brian Wethers - I think he may have somewhat priced himself out of the market following his MVP season, but from memory the Sixers were very interested in him for '05-'06.

Reply #315212 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Bullets with Homicide n Cortez as Aussies would be interesting.
The Big V outta Knox - later.
The Newcastle billionaire has the most interest , of course.

Reply #315216 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Money doesn't talk....... ...it swears.

Reply #315261 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:42 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754