Isaac
Years ago

NBL-Ten-OneHD to meet after finals series

But Basketball Australia chief executive Larry Sengstock is confident that Ten, one year into a five-year deal with the league, is committed to basketball.

"We've had some brief discussions and they are very supportive of basketball," Sengstock said. "We'll get the finals done and then we'll meet with them again."

Under the broadcast deal, Ten can show the NBL games on any of its digital channels, but where it ends up will probably be left to incoming network head of sport David Barham, who will replace David White.
From this Herald Sun story

Topic #25419 | Report this topic

Years ago

At the moment if 9 wins the right to broadcast afl
ten will have a huge hole in its hands .In saying that foxtel would also have a full interest in what goes on with both afl and basketball as to what channel it frees up.

Reply #315556 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"We're all still in the building process and we're all happy with what we've done, but we've still got a lot of work to do. It's got to be head down and bum up for us," Sengstock said.

That comment sums it up perfectly. A solid first year but improvement is necessary to stay on FTA long term.

Reply #315558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cautiously optimistic?
if they have to keep nbl on some channel of tens it may stay on whatever they rename the blokey bloked up channel they are turning one into??

Reply #315560 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

They have already started rebranding ONE but keeping the logo promoting in promoting new shows. Sort of looks more like an entertainment kind of a channel

Reply #315562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I gotta say that I am really sad that they are folding the 24 hour sports concept. Channel Ten really should've shown AFL exclusively on OneHD, rather than on normal Ten to get more sponsors exclusively for OneHD, but I gather they were in some form of agreement with the league.

ESPN didn't work straight away either, but after time it gained a super-strong foothold. Sure, I wasn't a fan of everything One HD showed (UFC, WWE, Bullriding etc), but I knew that they were trying to cater to a wide range of sports fans.

I am really gonna miss NFL, MLB and especially NBA, but it doesn't seem that the powers-that-be have the patience with it. So screw Ice Road Truckers and screw OneHD after the change-over.

Reply #315572 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

WWE and Bull riding baffled me also. but UFC to have UFC on One was bloody brilliant. one of the best things they did considering how massive the sport is.

Reply #315576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the nbl wont be on onehd next season.

sengstock is out of his depth.

the next meeting will be around a buyouy to get out of the 5 year deal.

Reply #315805 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754