wasportsfan1
Years ago

is High Stakes Hoops going around again?

Just wondering if they will do the High Stakes Hoops again? any1 know?

Topic #25428 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

if they do, hopefully they utilise a long weekend or even 2 weekends in general.

Reply #315673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this thread has been around a bit lately, no the company was wound up and it lost a stack of money maybe somebody else will do their own version it is a good concept agreed

Reply #315675 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

too bad none of those imports got picked up- they were good!

also- i must admit, the day of the first match when i turned on the tv and saw maher and carfino doing the intros i thought they had filmed that way earlier- because it was impossible to believe that no one would rock up!

Reply #315689 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Davison got picked up and then let go.

I think a few others might be playing in the NZ NBL right now. Wasn't Scott O'Gallagher from HSH? And Lance Allred? Names seemed familiar when I saw the NZ rosters.

Also on one of the NZ NBL rosters is Raheim Brown who was hanging around in Adelaide and had a few supporters talking him up as a potential 36ers import (but he wasn't interested in training unless paid or his insurance was covered, AFAIK).

He's with the Pirates and had 10 (2/10 FG) and 8 in 23 minutes against the Nuggets (Bradshaw, Allred, etc).

Reply #315691 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i wonder what happened to Troy Jackson, he seemed pretty legit. would have done alot better than our imports the way he played in the HSH

Reply #315694 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I would love to see it back but it is just not commercially viable.

Unless Buddy and others want to throw away a lazy $10,000 if not more.

A better concept may be a carnival similar to the Rugby Sevens weekend? Again not sure of the support that this woudl generate / attract.

Does the NBA still run the NBA jam?

Reply #315696 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

the biggest benefactor of the HSH is hands down Daniel Dillon. Reminded people how good he could be and the Taipans gave him the rope.

Reply #315697 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

the biggest benefactor of the HSH is hands down Daniel Dillon. Reminded people how good he could be and the Taipans gave him the rope.

Reply #315698 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Schenscher best Aussie. Farley best import.
Cole best coach n Rillie best commentator.

Reply #315701 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Daniel Dillon and Todd Blanchfield both benfited enormously.

I would argue Bennett Davison did too and hence why Gold Coast signed him...only to realise he just was not 100% committed...

Reply #315703 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea Dillon did great out of the HSH, also good to see the guys in NZ like Allred, O'Gallagher, Young who played HSH.

Personally i wouldnt mind the 36ers grabbing 1 NZBL import who has done well in that league, it would show some good form, and would likely be better than gambling on the next Howard.

Pity this comp isnt going around again, i wish the NBL would run a small tournament for free agents/rookies/college returnees to impress the coaches, etc,almost like a mini NBA summerleague ala Dillon in HSH.

Could probably do it fairly cheap run it over a week or so, put a small amount of prize money for the winning team ala $1k each player/coach and the rest play for free for the opportunity to impress, and have the NBL assistant coaches coach a team each to test themselves out aswell.
Surely that would get a half decent amount of talent both Aussies and imports (no import restrictions) and would help unearth some diamonds in the rough.

Reply #315727 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think NZ NBL-type imports would deliver about as much as Winder, Howard, Shannon, etc. Hudson was 8.5 PPG for the Blaze.

That's fine if you're winning (see Ellis' numbers with the Crocs) but Adelaide fans go especially hulk-mode when the record is bad.

Reply #315748 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

'Adelaide fans go especially hulk-mode when the record is bad'

Funny, but true

Reply #315751 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

ARGH! TEAM LOSE! FAN SMASH!

Reply #315754 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I keep saying it, but we really need to bring Kevin Ratzsch into the 6ers.
Didn't do a thing wrong in the HSH.
Pretty much showed he can do a bit of everything quite well.
Scoring, rebounding, defense, blocking, came up big in big games...
Anyone know where he is now?

Reply #315944 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I cain't believe it was April school holidays 2010.
NBL Free agency period.
Time goes by awfully fast , doesn't it ?

Reply #317398 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754