Statman
Years ago

COTY Gleeson resigns, family reasons

Trevor Gleeson has resigned from the Crocs to spend time with his family as his wife battles cancer.

Very tough situation for a guy who has excelled this season and was recently awarded coach of the year. Hope his wife can regain her health and we see him back in the league ASAP

Topic #25444 | Report this topic

NBA agent  
Years ago

could this mean assistant flynn gets the job

Reply #315877 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

Westover???

Reply #315878 | Report this post

titan86  
Years ago

NBA agent - No chance in hell. I'll assume that was a joke, but if not, be realistic.

Yes, he's probably a decent assistant, but he'd be a long long long way down the queue for a head coaching job.

Reply #315879 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

terrible news for the gleeson family,i hope it all works out ok for them.
trevors mate paul will be a perfect fit for head coach !!

Reply #315880 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Huge shame!! Hope all works out. Maybe thats why he was so emotional about it all & wanted it so bad. He knew this was his last crack!!

Reply #315886 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Paul Woolpert or a coach currently in the GF would be the top 2 contenders

Reply #315897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very sad to hear, i hope she gets well very soon.
cant even begin to wonder what it would be like to be dealing with that much less coaching a pro team at the same time.
i hope she makes a speedy recovery and that gleeson makes a speedy return.

Reply #315898 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

holy crap. That sucks. All the best wishes for the gleeson family. That leaves a pretty big hole for the crocs.

Anyone know how the players are feeling? New coach could potentially have a bit of a spring clean.

Reply #315904 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

titan86 yes it was a joke.

hope to see gleeson back on the sidelines and a healthy family soon. goodluck

Reply #315905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hinders post match interview was fairly emotional it could be that he knew at the time it was his last game under gleeson with the crocs.

Reply #315910 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Gleeson is returning to Melb to be closer to His family but there is talk that he will apply for the Melb Tigers coaching role.

Reply #315921 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

trevor did a good job with the crocs,didn't win a championship, but a really solid performance as head coach.(made big calls & backed them up)

i presume seamus will snap him up and that trev's coty award will put a few more $$$ on his contract.

homocide has also re-signed,i wonder how that will go as he has been quite vocal of late.

coach gleeson worked well with the cedar boys,so he would be excited at the prospects of walker and lewis (who i think are future boomers,along with trevor)

Reply #315924 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I heard it was either Gibson or Homicide - and Tigers leaning towards gibson... I might be wrong tho

Reply #315926 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Trev & Homicide? i doubt you'll get both.

Reply #315938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson is too much of a control freak to coach under Seamus, though it sounds a good chance. Apparently pat reidy resigned as his assistant coach because Trevor cracked it at him for not having his chair ready in the huddle for a timeout

Reply #315945 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Anonymous comments usually = BULLSHIT

Reply #315962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Usually, but not in this case

Reply #315967 | Report this post

The word one the street is that the chosen coach will be informed in about a week's time . Hope D-Mac gets the job .

Reply #315968 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

westover to townsville then? him and gleeson can swap like crosswell and homicide ended up doing last year. or has he gotten something for big money overseas already?

Reply #315985 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Anon, Reidy treated it like a part time walk in the park & Trev expects full time commitment. He may have cracked it over something small but the picture was bigger. If he applies for the Tigers job he will get it & Seamus will love his 'control'!

Reply #315989 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754