easter tourney blogs

thought it went pretty well - weather was great.

any early indications for classics and club u14s ?

Topic #25449 | Report this topic

Latrentis  
Years ago

Boys 14's (Victoria) Bulleen, Keilor, Hawthorne, Knox, and then a toss up between Melbourne, Nundawading/Diamond Valley and maybe Altona?. Geelong would most likely represent the country team for Vic. Still some good match ups to go with 4 rounds left.
How are the SA teams looking? Is Sturt the front runner? It's always hard to tell how a team will fair as some kids play better on friday nights than in tournaments.

Reply #315999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a big call given bulleen, keilor and hawthorn are all in the one group!

Not another parent getting in here early???

Reply #316001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, shuffle

Robot, robot, robot, robot, robot

No game, no game, no game, no game

Reply #316006 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Anon #316001, sorry mate but don't have a kid that plays for any of those teams. How is it that Blackburn made it last year for Nationals and weren't top 2 of there pool?? They tend to take more than 4 Melbourne teams...but what would I know since I'm 'only a parent getting in here early'....

Reply #316010 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Good tourney from spectrs view.

Standard of ref = quite good. SA refs better than Vic refs but Vic players better than SA. Saw a few 16 boys games and 14 girls. All good quality

16 Vic boys were like watching men (parents said some of these kids were just turning 14)!!! Saw Bburn v Melb game - Gr8 game and this was Melbs second side - Melb guards v skilled and gr8 shooters. Won by a point on the buzzer from gr8 shot!

14 gilrs als good. Eastern had gr8 games just loosing a couple to good Vic teams. Vics again too strong for SA

Well done Norwood on running such a good tournament. Be friendly to your refs and dont over work them!

Reply #316013 | Report this post

stonecold  
Years ago

Saw a few games yesterday.... U14 and U16 boys games were incredible! How good is the Victorian team in U14s? It was Magic... I don't know their club name. Was that a big win for Sturt or is that Magic team not in the best in Victoria?

Either way - some amazing games there yesterday. Congrats to Norwood for the tournament.

Reply #316015 | Report this post

bballfan  
Years ago

Congrats to Norwood - well organised event. Boys had a great time and so did parents.

Reply #316017 | Report this post

party rock anthem  
Years ago

grading were fairly balanced - firs ttime I have seen u16B 'B' grade - usually have 2 pools A1 / A reserve typr thing.

looks like maybe all victorian teams in u14, 16, 18 girls at the classics

Reply #316020 | Report this post

party rock anthem  
Years ago

think you will find lenard copeland and Dmac are coaching Hawthorn boys teams or have recently - that is why they would be good.

Reply #316021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lenard Copeland coaches the 16.2s girls teams and D-Mac is 16.1s boys, nothing to do with the U14s.

Reply #316023 | Report this post

party rock anthem  
Years ago

thanks - I knew they were coaching there not what teams

Reply #316026 | Report this post

stonecold  
Years ago

Yeah the 14s were coach by a girl... I think.

Reply #316028 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

A lot of the refs were not SA refs, my guess Vic refs? thought they were a breath of fresh air!!

Reply #316029 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

The 14's Hawthorne team is coached by a female, I believe she has coached at Dandynong and plays Big V?? Anyway the team is pretty good, can be up and down at times from what I've seen.. And no I am not a parent from Hawthorne. They drew with Bulleen boys a few weeks back. Would have been a great GF to watch, Sturt vs Hawthorne.
There are quite a few strong teams in Vic U14 boys so will be interesting to see what happens at Classic and Nationals this year. Didn't Sturt boys win Classic U12 2 years ago? Is it pretty much the same team?

Reply #316030 | Report this post

Secret Sabre  
Years ago

Yes Sturt won classics 2 years ago in U12's.

And yes is almost the same team. They were missng their biggest kid who is out injured.

Interesting that a Hawthorn parent was complaining about videoing the semi finals, saying it was against VJBL child safty rules. (Which it isn't) Then was out taking photos in the finals, while Hawthorn was videoing the game. Bit poor to hide behind child safety laws when you don't adhere to them yourself.

Good to see the cheaters never prosper.

Reply #316032 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Parents can make or brake a game. Some of the Blackburn 16 boys parents could learn about sportsmanship...ferrell was the word used by some of the refs!!!

Reply #316035 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

And in other news, Will Feral is planning to release a new movie in the next couple of weeks. More details soon.

Reply #316052 | Report this post

Reply #316066 | Report this post

Ron Burgundy  
Years ago

Stay classy Hoops forum....

Reply #316084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won all the GFs? Is anyone able to give a run down of some of the games? Sounds like Sturt won 14 boys, were they only SA team to win?

Reply #316087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in regards to the videoing in the VJBL, there have been other occasions where people have brought up some rules regarding videoing junior players and how the other team needs to ask permission to video the game.

Reply #316101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The U16 Boys GF was a cracker. A big tick to both teams for a great shooting exhibition, not bad for the first year with the new 3 point line.

Dandenong played a zone almost all game which really bothered the Melbourne side until they lit up in the second half. The Dandenong boys looked a bit tired in the second half but shot the 3 exceptionally well all game. Must have been better than 50% for the game.

Can't wait to see the U16 Classic this year, it's shaping as a strong field with alot of depth considering Sturt played up to both these sides and West could do the same. Add Bulleen, Knox, Diamond Valley, Geelong, Broadmeadows and Keilor and hopefully some decent QLD and NSW teams and it could be a classic classic.

P.S. Norwood need to start promoting this tourny in SA as there were more VIC teams than SA teams in 16 Boys this year....yikes.

Reply #316104 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Didnt see any finals but 16 boys comp was good to watch. Those boys are huge and some skilled kids around!

Reply #316219 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754