tripple
Years ago

36ers should get Homicide

If the news is true and Gibson is almost certainly signed with tigers, then we HAVE to get Homicide to the 36ers. With Luke S as well that would instantly give us a play off calibire starting 5 anyway!!
Getting Homicide would instantly give us an import that everybody especially kids would be excited about to watch, and that would be rated top 5 in the league too. Something we havn't had since Mee, Farley, Brooks days.

Homicide
Import (Low pay grade-maybe a decent SEABL import)
Creek
Ballinger
Schensher

Bench
Carter
Ng
Hill
Dowdell
Johnson

Time to go Jacob, or he could be 11th player for home games.

Topic #25461 | Report this topic

Fizzle  
Years ago

Disagree, Homicide is old news in this league. Time to bring in a new import that has a decent history, but is untried at the NBL level.

Reply #316133 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Nearing naturalisation.

Reply #316134 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Misleading title tripple!

Reply #316137 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Homicide to Blaze, sorry.

Reply #316140 | Report this post

SM  
Years ago

Thats what he wants to happen Ben .... What the Blaze want however is a little bit different at this stage

Reply #316142 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

No thanks to that.

I'd rather have Gibbo; otherwise start Carter at the point and put in Daly as his backup.

Reply #316144 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

My guess is the Blaze wouldn't be able to afford him if they can't even afford to keep Gibbo!
He is proven in our league but I don't think Marty would go for someone with such a big personality and with a bit of bad history. Again, Marty tends to go for younger players which Homicide definitely isn't!

Reply #316148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Panther, he signed DeVries (1982) and then Shannon (1977). Homicide is a 1977 also. I also doubt Homicide's asking price is in line with what he was getting at the Crocs.

On Homicide in Adelaide, I would be going for Gibson (bit pricey), Martin (very pricey) or Ervin first.

Reply #316155 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Big fan of Homicide.

Not a fan of him coming here.

He did his career no favours at HSH IMO.

Reply #316160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cant believe guys are actually saying they dont want homicide here?!? WTF!?

Reply #316205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe anyone is saying they DO want Homicide here. Clearly must only be casual basketball fans.

Reply #316279 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anstey on Twitter re Homicide:

fans need to understand that clubs make decisions based on facts that they will never be privy to or understand

Reply #316283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" I can't believe anyone is saying they DO want Homicide here. Clearly must only be casual basketball fans. "

What a joke. He is a top 5 player in the league and easily the most exciting player in the league.

Did you actually go to a sixers game last year? We are by far the most boring team to watch.

Homicide = Bigger crowds and more wins.

Reply #316329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide was top ten in four categories last season.

5th in the league in scoring.
1st in the league in assists.
7th in the league in rebounding.
8th in the league in steals.

Enough said.

Reply #316331 | Report this post

yikes  
Years ago

Yet no one wanted him at season's start so lets see who signs him now.

There are enough intoxicating things about Corey for clubs to look at him, promotion and media upside. Downside is locker room and off court issues.

Reply #316336 | Report this post

bball fan  
Years ago

1st in rants
1st in turnovers
1st to the nightclubs
last to training

biggest wanker since simon kerle played

Reply #316337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"What a joke. He is a top 5 player in the league and easily the most exciting player in the league.

Did you actually go to a sixers game last year? We are by far the most boring team to watch.

Homicide = Bigger crowds and more wins."

Clearly, you are the casual basketball fan I was referring to. Yes, I was at every 6ers game last season. Yes, we sucked. Does that mean I want Cancer 2.0 at our team? No.

Talk to anyone that's played with him, and see if they think he's a good fit for ANY team. Yes, he's a very good player. What makes this so much sadder is the fact that if he was committed, wasn't a tool, and didn't drink so much, he could be a GREAT player.

There is no "team" aspect to homicide. Yes, he did dole out some assists this season, more than usual. Does that make him a team player? I don't think so.

Put him in what has clearly been the best "team" this season, NZ, and tell me how well you think he'd do? I would take anyone from NZ over Homicide.

Reply #316400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didnt know cancers could win MVPs.

Answer one question for me, if Homicide was playing for the sixers this season, would we have won more games? We both know the answer mate.

Reply #316422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no chance of the 36ers going for homicide. get over it.

Reply #316423 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754