The Special One
Years ago

Nathan Herbert's recovery?

Just wondering how Herbert's recovery is coming along cause we ( Sixers ) missed him so much last season ?

Also wondering with Herbert being out injured last season does that effect the points system. What I am trying to say would his points be decreassed, just wasnt sure

Topic #25475 | Report this topic

Hoops  
Years ago

Is he playing in SA ABA with the rest of the 6ers?

Reply #316428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Herbert plays SEABL for Geelong i think

Reply #316433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear tigers might be keen in him. But is he under contract?

Reply #316441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Herbert will return in June to play for Geelong and has no contract with the 36ers.

Reply #316450 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

sixers better lock him up

Reply #316451 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

He better stay with the sixers cause he would be an awesome pick up for any team

Reply #316481 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

I would suggest that the club moves extremely quick on offering Nathan Herbert a new contract!

The season prior to his injury, I had Herbert as our best player, overall best defender and our guy who showed the most heart and hustle for the 36ers all year......

Before doing his ACL, the lad was in awesome pre season form and set for a big season.

I guess the club needs to sort out where he fits in for the upcoming season, if it's in the starting 5 or off the bench I'd have him in my side anyway!

I would also put Rhys Carter in this conversation, prob as our back up point guard...
He offers so much to our club in the culture and what he brings to the floor for the 36ers to get better and improve next season.....

BOTH LADS PLAY GOOD HARD DEFENCE..... And that's what we need to improve dramatically.

I'm not upto date on what the front office are doing but PLEASE offer these 2 boys contracts before it's to late!!

Reply #316489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way Adelaide get Herbert, Schenscher or Gibson....wont surpirse to see another woeful season coming up.

Reply #316491 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Herbert is a great player but is a 7-8 man in the rotation at best. I think we are possibley overating him if we think he is a starting 2 guard in this league.

Reply #316524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Campbell - those two are also house mates - you aren't their land lord are you, wanting them to continue their lease?

Reply #316530 | Report this post

Oldcat  
Years ago

Herbert ready now to start full training with Supercats. Did an awesome job on his test results on his knee, so ready for contact work. Getting married i believe in a couple of weeks and then on his honeymoon so the Supercats will not be suiting him up for another month.

Reply #316543 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jake, I think he can start on a team with talented teammates around him, but would struggle on a team like the 36ers had this past season where there were few players attracting defensive attention.

Reply #316544 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jake, I think if he had strong starters around him, it'd work. Can look after himself on D and camp for threes on O. Put him with a group like Gibson, Dorsey, Ballinger and Johnson or Schenscher and he wouldn't be much of a weakpoint.

Would've helped this year's 36ers though I don't think they would've been that much more successful given the other issues.

Reply #316546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754