any news if the draw is out today ?

Topic #25484 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

calender says it should have been out last friday

Reply #316560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon don't know what calendar you're looking at but the draft draw was due today. Not sure if that gets released to the public though.

Reply #316564 | Report this post

yes the calendar was changed to today's date for a draft.

Reply #316566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they changed the date after i posted on here obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #316572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they changed it weeks ago

Reply #316573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The draw is up on the website

Reply #316576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BullSh1t it was the 29th last week and all weekend, yes it's out now wonder how teams can change pools??

Reply #316581 | Report this post

wax on wax off  
Years ago

was 29th early last week and changed thurs / fri.

what teams have changed pools ?

Reply #316582 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

think find that some errors were discovered in some pools teams not graded correctly and draws re done

gotta beat everybody to win the thing - so no sooky sooky lala

Reply #316589 | Report this post

wax on wax off  
Years ago

i know we play 4 of the current top 5 teams

Reply #316600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gradings aren't based on current standings because teams have only play 3-5 games and not yet played every team.

Luck of the draw. But I doubt the current top 4 will be the top 4 come seasons end

Reply #316604 | Report this post

G....T  
Years ago

The reserves draw is un even too. Pool 3 play 3 games and all the other pools play only 2.

The reserves champion is in that pool because no other pool has the chance to win 3 games.

Reply #316610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our 2nd team in reserves, coming from Div 3 has a dream draw compared to our second team. Maybe we should just change the teams around and guarantee a quarter final spot

Reply #316631 | Report this post

wax on wax off  
Years ago

GT it is winning % when uneven amount of games

Reply #316640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually done after 1 entire round completed.

9 rounds for div 1 comps with 10 teams.
11 rounds for div 2 comps with 12 teams.

Reply #316655 | Report this post

wax on wax off  
Years ago

anon you can do that - but make sure the club nominates the right team to accrue points

Reply #316692 | Report this post

Dumb Founded  
Years ago

I can't believe BSA allow 2 teams from 1 club in reserves, It is just purely a money grabbing exercise!!!!!!!
I use to like State Champs but over the years it has lost it's gloss in my opinion.
OK so only one team is allowed points {so what}, it still doesn't give a true account of what the State champs was originally intended for, by allowing 2 teams in, it can inhibat teams from advancing up the ladder higher for club points, if beaten by these teams and as well it also makes a mockery of the pools, as they adjust them so the 2 teams from the same club don't play each other til maybe crossovers, i've witnessed in one comp where there are 2 clubs with 2 teams and to accomadate them one pool has the bottom 3 or 4 teams in it from summer, plus the top 2 while in the other pool everyone else, who are fairly even have been placed, making it all lopsided and not really fair!
I'm not against Pro/ Rel for the normal season {still waiting to see if its successful} but for State Champs make it about 1 team 1 club and then look at the results at the end and compare them on their merits, which are judged differently and are valued differently by different clubs compared to the regular season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #316695 | Report this post

Years ago

trust me when the likes of sturt could have 2 div 1 teams - our div 1 juniors used to be able to regularly get a div 1 win against Sturt - now it's back to one team per Div 1 - it's even harder / impossible.
And then we have to sit a bye out.

Bring on pro/ rel - too many "Div 1" players by name only.

Reply #316697 | Report this post

Years ago

so the div 3 western magic teams playing state champs reserves should not play or only top up the west div 2 teams?

Reply #316698 | Report this post

Charon  
Years ago

Really, that is your major gripe.

That kids who pay BSA week in, week out to play in the BSA comp, get to play in a State Champs. And that because your not good enough to beat them, your club potentially loses points for an award that your not going to win anyway.

What about:

Combined teams from country associations that play under a different set of rules. Rules which BSA cant even make them anhere too anyway.

That these combined teams cant get points nor attend classics or U14 clubs but can displace teams in the process.

That kids living in Victoria are allowed to play for SA Country and therefore play in SA's State Champs.

That the pools therefore dont properly reflect the play in games of 4 v 5 and 3 v 6 and therefore distort the whole comp.

Or that the seedings were done incorrectly in the first place.

That grading of teams has been done subjectively because BSA cant run a proper competition that adequetly seeds team whn they claim to have a grading season over summer.

Two teams in Div 2 is the best your got. Please.

Reply #316705 | Report this post

Dumb Founded  
Years ago

Not my major gripe, but just appropriate for this Topic and i agree with all your points
It is a very disjointed organisation that hopefully will get it right one day
As far as Country teams, perhaps they should keep their own carnival and whoever wins get an invite to the State champs and maybe the winning country teams in each state should be invited to u/14 nationals
Don't know if thats the right answer, but just throwing ideas around

Reply #316713 | Report this post

Years ago

Charon you raise some very factual issues but in a pessimistic manner.

But I believe the powers that be are doing their best with what is going on around us.

I, myself am a "half full" optimist.

Dumb founded - good to put some ideas out there - healthy debate creating discussion.

Reply #316728 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"I can't believe BSA allow 2 teams from 1 club in reserves, It is just purely a money grabbing exercise!!!!!!!"

You obviously dont think about the kids that enjoy playing basketball/carnivals, they dont care if their team isnt getting the points! it is about development of the kids, exposing them to playing in carnivals, trying out new things within the team.

Reply #316735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon,

That's the point. Allowing two teams in reserve grade lowers the tournament to just another carnival.

If they want to play in a carnival, and try out new things try:

Eltham/Dandenong Tournament - January
Norwood Easter - April
Nunawading - June
Barossa Valley - June
West Adelaide - July
St. Clair - December

plus many more.

You've just explained why people are complaining. State Champs should be more then just another carnival. Right now, it's not much more then that.

Reply #316742 | Report this post

G....T  
Years ago

dumb founded.

Check out the current div 2 ladder.

Sturt 2 earned their spot in Div 2 by winning the Summer season in Div3 They now sit second on the winter season ladder so have also earned their spot in the state champs reserves.

If you think its a grab for money then so be it

Reply #316749 | Report this post

Dumb Founded  
Years ago

I don't know which age group you are referring to, but well done sturt 2 you probably have earned your position in the div 2 regular season, but i still don't believe they belong in State champs.
It is only my opinion and yes people will say let the kids play, thats what it is about afterall {and it is} but if State champs are ment to mean anything at all, i believe all clubs should be on a level playing field!!!!!
BSA must have some feelings for this otherwise they would let clubs field more than 1 team in the div 1 comp for the weekend, so why ruin it for the div 2 players by belittling their weekend by allowing multiple teams in their programme
Bring back the true value and meaning of what the State champs weekend is all about, don't devalue its meaning by making it a money grabbing exercise, make it about the competetive spirit between clubs that it was originally intended for on an even playing field for one weekend once a year seperate from the 2 regular seasons

Reply #316753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those clubs with 2 teams in div 2 have an equal chance of knocking themselves out of the points as well dont they?

Reply #316757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon - don't be so naive to think that would be allowed to happen by the club management.

Reply #316831 | Report this post

G....T  
Years ago

Just a thought. in pools with 3 teams you play twice,lose 1 game and you win loss is 50%

In a pool with 4 teams you play 3 games, if you lose one of your games your win/loss % would be 66%

I know that in pools of 3 if 2 teams end up with 2 wins it goes back to the game both of those teams played each other.

Simple equation if you want to advance you dont want to lose any games

Reply #316847 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:22 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754