Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Nationals in Geelong

Not having kept uptodate on everything this millenium, I was wondering if anyone knew the format of the Nationals in Geelong? By format, I mean who makes it, when exactly are the games (ie what days) and so on? I heard that the winner and runner-up from the Central ABL both make it to the Nationals. If so, I suggest Woodville book their accommodation now because there ain't a lot in Geelong and there'll be a fair few teams down there. If anyone needs any Geelong accommodation advice, just stick a post up here and ol' Mo will help out. PS. Rug up - the hollow is cold this time of year!

Topic #255 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Yes, both Grand Finalists from the Central ABL make it to Nationals this year, the runner up getting in courtesy of a "wild card" entry.

Reply #1926 | Report this post

Zimmerman  
Years ago

Men as stated will have two teams going while the women only the championship team will compete at Geelong which is a mystery since the Nationals began only once has the Central ABL had a wild card for the women's competition and both Sturt and Forestville making it to the grand final in the past two years. As foe airfares and accommodation the ABL hrad office already has that booked.

Reply #1950 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

You cats from SA better have something special cos Townsville Tropics are 'it' this year!!

Reply #70563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754