SRT070
Years ago

Sixers not ruling out Homocide, Tucker and Big Red

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/luke-a-target-in-36er-revival/story-e6frect3-1226050364900

article on adelaide now is interesting. Clarke appears to be considering homocide along with Tucker if tucker gets citizenship. Homocide also looking at citizenship. Boti seems to be going on more about Big Red as not too many comments have come from Clarke but does sound like we may be sending an offer Lukes way.

Discuss

Topic #25500 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

also nice that they contacted Markovic but i think we all knew he wasnt going to leave Europe.

Reply #316908 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

SUP Guys its big red time if we score with Big Red and Homocide and a new young imoprt at SG us sixer fans are happy. and i really hope Tucker gets citizenship

Reply #316928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will need to throw big money at Luke Schenscher, and i believe they absolutely have to. He wont just come back for the homesick factor and Adelaides offer wont be enough if it is simply as good as the Crocs.

Homicide is a risky move, he is a very erratic player, and proves that stats very well can lie. Doesnt Clarkes 'System' need shooters? He wont make many shots outside the key, AND with his lack of respect from the D will find it harder every year he plays from now on to get others open. The whole Aussie citizen thing isnt a big enough selling point for me, considering how much he would require.

Re Tucker, show the fans some respect, this guy has left a trail of negativity behind him. And now he is old. Maybe bring back Timmons, Copeland aswell, oh hang on we did that after they were well and truly past it.

Reply #316931 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Guys, quick tip: If, when you write "Homicide", the word "homo" is in there, you're doing it wrong.

Reply #316934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, I dare say Tucker is showing he has a bit more left in him (even for a year or two) than either Copeland or Timmons showed.

Reply #316937 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Schenscher needs a PG to be able to feed him the ball, unselfish and willing to sacrifice part of his own game - ala Blalock type

Reply #316942 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Getting Luke back would be good for Ballinger allowing him to play further out, and would also be good for Johnson, who would be able to mix it up a bit.
Also good for Luke if he wanted to play for Australia, because the 36ers double post system is similar to the Boomers system.
Got to respect the improvement in Homicides shooting this past season, and Tucker is tearing it up locally, but Luke would be the first target out of those 3 names.

Reply #316943 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

isaac who says im doing it wrong? How do you not know that was my plan all along?

I agree with others on this. I dont think reviving the dead will save us or we would have brooks mee maher and rees out there. Corey has many negatives which could cause problems. Luke should be our first priority

Reply #316944 | Report this post

"Isaac who says im doing it wrong? How do you not know that was my plan all along?"

Mmmmm. Any relationship between this poster and the one on Ozhoops doing the same thing? Just be brave enough to declare your motive!

Reply #316951 | Report this post

beckwith  
Years ago

Tucker has lost all of his athleticism which made him so great. Wouldnt be able to compete at NBL level any more.

Marty offered DJ more money than schensher last year .. which schensher turned down (and rightly so). This is a pretty good indication that Marty isn't a Schensher fan - but maybe he's wised up.

Reply #316952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Clarke is in a position to declare who he is and isn't a fan of, given the season he's just had doing things "his" way he's fortunate to still have a job.

I say go get Schenscher, get Tucker and if possible get Homicide and tell him to do his job, coach.

Reply #316953 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Im not a poster on Ozhoops so no relationship there. i do it for a joking purpose. however if he did come to the sixers then id have to use his Homicide rather than homocide. hopefully we do better than corey but in saying that we could easily do alot worse than corey, just look at last season.

Reply #316962 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

beckwith, have you actually seen Tucker play in the ABA? He is still athletic and has at times seemed unstoppable. He has a great basketball mind on him but unfortunately he wants to put on the hero gangsta image. If he loses that attitude he would be a great addition to the team. I would be happy to play him as a cheap import if we had Homicide.

I don't think DJ ended up getting more money then him or even the same but it would have been a good amount that he got.

Yes, Clarke isn't the most smartest of coaches is he "Look I'm sorry we didn't want you last season and stuffed you around. I thought I knew what I was doing but we finished basically bottom! Please come back we will offer you more money!"

Reply #316967 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Interesting that Marty was at Wayville last Saturday night to watch Forestville (?Tucker) and Sturt. IMO
Jacob Holmes did a good defensive job on Tucker and kept his stats down (possibly that would be what would happen if Tucker returned to NBL?)
With regards to Newcastle. The former owners of the Newcastle team live in Adelaide and I believe that they are of the opinion that a license would be wasted in Newcastle (the license actually became Singapore and that failed also).

Reply #316983 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Marty is keeping an eye on recent 36ers (and possible resignings) and their progress as much as anything.

Reply #316986 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

he wouldn't have taken too much notice considering the crap calls he got on the night

Reply #317028 | Report this post

Slim Carmichael  
Years ago

Anyone is better than Eddie Shannon and Ron Howard - the worst import duo in NBL history. Winder and De Vries were so much better. Would like to see a more "Australian" look - Hill and Creek on the wings, with Ng and DJ getting more game time.

Reply #317033 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

is there still a chance with adam gibson

Reply #317039 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Surely CJ Massingale is worth a shot as a cheaper import?

Reply #317042 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

While I've always asked what it would do for DJ to spend another season as a backup centre when I think he's ready to be a starter, I'm not afraid to admit that playing behind Big Red can only be good for the bloke. Having a different style of player to learn from will only add to his game. And he's already shown he can handle playing 37+ minutes per game so even playing him @ PF would work and no matter what way you look at it we would have one of the strongest front courts in the NBL. Playing PF would add another dimension to his game because he does like to take the odd outside shot.....

Of course all this depends on how eager the 36ers are to get Luke back to Adelaide.

As for Homicide, I don't think he'd be a bad pickup for the 36ers. I know people are ragging on the bloke here but seriously, he did win the MVP in 2009-10 and made the All 2nd team. And its not like we'd be getting someone from overseas who's hyped up yet turns out to be a dud. We'd be getting a known NBL performer who was at the top or near the top of a few categories this year. I fail to see where he'd be a failure, especially with some good players around him.

Tucker I haven't really seen much of I'll have to admit so I'm not going to comment on the guy other than to say he can't be any worse than what we've had/got can he?

Now I'm going back to watching MasterChef. I suddenly feel hungry for poached eggs.....

Reply #317044 | Report this post

beckwith  
Years ago

King James - Yeh i've seen Tucker play twice this season. Once he was dominant against a smaller and less experienced guy. The second was against Sturt and Jacob Holmes. After seeing him match up with an NBL player it became abundantly clear that Tucker is not an NBL player any more - Certainly not as an import.

Marty said he wouldn't look at Tucker if he was an import, only if he was an Aussie.

Reply #317056 | Report this post

beckwith  
Years ago

and no he is not still athletic. He doesn't bother taking the tip at the start of games cos he knows he's not explosive like he used to be.

Reply #317058 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea fair point, would he be athletic enough to be a cheap back up sf/pf? would he be any better than a Holmes, Hill or Dowdell in that role?
My thoughts are give him a trial at training and see if he can out play them and earn a spot on the roster and fits in with Clarkes system and philosphy and culture

Reply #317067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tucker is still more athletic then holmes at 6'6/ 6'7

Reply #317068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh tucker probably is more athletic than holmes. But holmes relies on his strength not his athleticism in the NBL.

Reply #317077 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Dominating at the ABA level aquates to nothing at the NBL level. Holmes was a scoring machine one season for the Mavericks and look how horrible a NBL player he has turned out to be, doesnt even look for his shot anymore!

Pero was another who was raw and made men look like boys out there but hasnt done much of anything at the NBL level. Im not even sure how well he went in Europe?

Tucker is poor on a lot of levels, last thing the 6ers need is a has been with a poor personality record.

I take it the 6ers will be persuing Homicide pretty hard now that Gibson has resigned aswell.

Reply #317081 | Report this post

dave-blocknorth  
Years ago

@ Slim Carmichael, I couldnt agree more about Shannon (coaches pet) and Howard. They might be able to play in their homeland but here, pffft!
Winder and DeVries at least offer something different.
Id prefer no American import again, try Turkey or Greece. At least we get double entertainment when things get out of hand at the DOME

Reply #317304 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think Shannon has really played much in his homeland for a long time. Here is a quick look at his very good European career:

http://en.basketball.doudiz.com/player/11828/Eddie-Shannon.html

Maybe he just didnt fit the system at Adelaide last year, but let's not ignorantly claim he cant play. Could well be a good pick-up for Wollongong as I think McLeod's system would suit him well.

Reply #317309 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Paul, aren't the Hawks bringing Ervin back next season? Did I miss something?

Reply #317313 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The last public statement from McLeod was they had made Ervin the offer they could afford, they really wanted him back but they thought he would get a better offer from another NBL club or a European club.

Reply #317331 | Report this post

Hugh  
Years ago

With Clarke as your coach it's a wonder the fans aren't considering Homicide's cousin..Sui

Reply #317369 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There was , instead , the familiar comparison with the ole Headmaster.
Some players appeared to feel unjustly under-appreciated by Clarke.
He poked at Howard in front of the players.
Others seemed uneasy , like going up before the headmaster.

Reply #317374 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was Ten news just then...Sixers have missed out
on SA player Ben Magden who expects to sign with SYD for 2 years
and Club officials are expected to phone Schenscher
on Friday, if he's not signed by Townsville
before that .
They said.

Reply #317385 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754