Big Sexy
Years ago

Sixer squad possibilities

With free agency starting tomorrow I was trying to find a sixers squad that would fit under the points cap and not break the budget (which means I have not included D Martin or Big Red). I know as soon as I post this people will say we can't get those players but here is my team.

PG Import (10)/Bruce (5)
SG Madgen (6)/Ng (6)
SF Import (10)/Herbert (5)
PF Ballinger (10)/Walker (4)
C Wagstaff (7)/Johnson (6)

This team goes with the young team that Clarke likes I would say with the money you will save signing Wagstaff instead of Big Red you will be able to get Madgen. You can now go through and disect :-)

Topic #25530 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff is not a 5.... would prefer Vanderjant

Creek is signed for next year!!!!!..... he is the backup small forward

Reply #317416 | Report this post

Jackie C  
Years ago

Madgen has already done a deal at Sydney. It just isn't public yet but it is done.

Reply #317417 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Wagstaff is a 7 and that is what I have, forgot about Creek (doh), it kind of helps because it leaves more points updated list with Creek. Which leaves a spare 5 points, so if Madgen is signed we can go after someone like Peter Crawford (8) which still leaves 3 points

PG Import (10)/Bruce (5)
SG Madgen (6)/Ng (6)
SF Import (10)/Creek (1)
PF Ballinger (10)/Walker (4)
C Wagstaff (7)/Johnson (6)

Reply #317420 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It public now....

Reply #317422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff is not a Centre he is a small forward!!!

Reply #317423 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Wagstaff is a power forward, but played centre a bit for Perth last season.

Reply #317426 | Report this post

slick  
Years ago

why dont you wait and stop guessing, none of you know so give up

Reply #317427 | Report this post

This is what I think the 6ers should look like next season.

C - Johnson (7)/ Majok (7)
PF- Ballinger (10)/ Holmes (6)
SF- Import (10)/ Hill (6)
SG- Aussie SG (8)/ Creek (1)
PG- Import (10)/ Bruce (5)

Now before anyone starts picking out faults, Creek signed a 2 year deal as a 1 so is still rated as a 1 under the points system as far as I understand. Majok and Johnson would be a good combo at the 5 spot as long as Majok checks his ego at the door. Could possibly go after Homicide for the Import PG spot, find an import SF that can score from anywhere and it would be good to see the 6ers go after Abercrombie for the starting SG spot or play him as a SF and get an import at the Sg spot. I think this team is realistic aswell as being a title threat.

Reply #317436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C - Johnson/ Helliwell
PF- Ballinger/ Holmes
SF- Herbert / Hill
SG- Creek/ Import
PG- Bruce/Macdonald (Nuna SEABL)

I think DJ & Creek will improve out of sight this year and i'd throw both of them in the deep end with a chance to prove it!

Also i'd look at saving an import spot to see if Helliwell fits or where the weakness appears, as i think Creek/DJ might surprise a few with a good off season.

Reply #317453 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

No Gibson, No Schenscher.

If we can't get someone like Barlow then we're in for a really long year ahead.

Reply #317457 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dorsey, Wagstaff, Barlow, Rush, Crawford, Clark, Williams, Ubaka. Signing one or two of those guys would certainly help.

Reply #317458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt the 6ers will be able to a team together that makes the four next season. No matter how good a coach we could get a hold of. Still will be interesting to see if they can out together a team that is atleast exciting to watch win or lose.

Reply #317462 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

Why no Schenscher KET? He was quoted syaing today in the Townsville Bulletin he was going to check out what was on offer...

Reply #317491 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

I'm being slightly negative thinking about our chances in signing Schenscher, but you'd have to give Townsville the advantage to re-signing him now given the coach they signed.

It doesn't help if Clarke put an offer last season and withdrew it either. Schenscher wouldn't have any reason to be attracted to Adelaide because of the coach, it would be more so because this is his home town. However I don't think that is quite enough to get him, especially if the dollars in the offer are similar between Townsville and Adelaide.

Reply #317510 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

KET your a retard we still have an advantage on signing him and ubaka or corey might come here aswell
mybe dorsey

Reply #317517 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

nice topic post dude

Reply #317518 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Just chill a bit
Try to keep the conversation civil

Reply #317523 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

Good chance Weigh will end up at 6ers. That's my mail.

Reply #317543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channel 10 Perth reported that Adelaide is tipped to me Weigh's new home

Reply #317546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been a done deal for days

Reply #317547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smart man red what a pick up

Reply #317555 | Report this post

NJS  
Years ago

Patty Mills

Reply #317632 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

My revised lineup according to rumours

Pg Patty Mills or Import (10)/Bruce (5)
SG Import (10)/Ng (6) or Herbert (5)
SF Weigh (7)/Creek (1)
PF Ballinger(10)/Walker (4) or Dowdell (4)
C Big Red (10)/Johnson (6)

I haven't heard a rumour about Walker but would rather him than Dowdell

So 69 points with Ng and 68 points with Herbert. If the imports are good I think this team could do some damage

Reply #317696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

johnson/big red or helliwell
balls/lucas walker
stephen weigh/brad hill
patrick sanders/mitch creek
corey williams/aaron bruce

We were in most of our games last season but failed to have the leadership to get us over the line. with williams with the ball that changes a lot. sanders improvement on anything we had last season. big red or helliwell adds height which we lacked n walker more of a scoring threat than holmes .

Reply #317929 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not enough shooters on that team. Some good players though.

Reply #317933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting point paul. we would have balls, weigh n sanders all can shoot n williams can get to the rack along with bruce n hill. hopefully creek is working on the mid ranger. walker n bruce are capable of hitting the odd shot.

Reply #317945 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would go along similar lines to you if going with 3 bigs but with a couple of sweet shooting SGs:

Schenscher/ Johnson
Ballinger/ Dowdell
Weigh/Creek
Herbert/Ng
Mills or import/Daly

Walker and Bruce would be great but wouldnt fit under the salary cap I dont think.

Reply #317955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754