Anonymous
Years ago

Tigers re-sign Corletto

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/tigers-resign-corletto-20110513-1emha.html

Expected, and good for the Tigers.

Topic #25540 | Report this topic

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Good signing.

Glad they didn't screw around with him like last year.

Reply #317598 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Thank god for that! Glad they haven't completely lost their marbles!

Reply #317607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see helliwell released. Couldn't stand watching him play anymore. Way overrated

Reply #317610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will go after Helliwell now for sure!

Reply #317616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Kickert to sign with Tigers

Reply #317634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

big signing.. averaged less than one assist a game last year as the back-up point guard

Reply #317760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was a shooting guard.

Reply #317762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shooting guards don't get assists? and he was the back-up point. who handled the ball when homicide was out? tommy greer?

Reply #317765 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

He was also the starting shooting guard. He only played maybe 10 mins a game at point guard. Besides he brings a lot more than just assists. A reliable 3 point shooter and can create his own shot.

It's great because last year the Tigers almost didn't re-sign the guy. Imagine the trouble they would have been without him last season?

Reply #317768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shooting 40%, getting less than 1 assist a game, 1.5 rebounds a game and plays minimal defense.. not sure it's hard to imagine the team without him. tigers fans won't like hearing it because he's been at the club so long but im hoping daniel dillon and another good shooting guard come in and take his minutes.

Reply #317772 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

In a guards league you can never have too many (as Melbourne learnt last year by not having enough!)

I don't usually like going into statistical analysis but if he is shooting 40% from the field and 37% from the 3 point line, I reckon those are pretty solid numbers. He shoots pretty much automatic from the free throw line (96%) also.

He usually comes up clutch when required so although he doesn't get too many rebounds or assists, he has other upside.

I reckon Corletto and Dillon will have a fight for that starting spot at the moment, however he is still a positive signing for Melbourne I reckon.

Maybe he didn't get that many assists because of Melbourne running the shuffle? Apparently he get's assists at Big V and SEABL level competition. I'm not sure.

Reply #317790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The old cliche of people knocking the shuffle when they don't understand it

Reply #317794 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Hey, I know the shuffle. I have a print-out's of it where I've been trying to gain an understanding of it!

I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying maybe it doesn't lend itself to getting assists as a shooting guard. I think you misunderstood what I meant.

Reply #317796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a tigers fan and they had better brought him back.
He is actually one of their best defenders, so the minimal defense is absolute rubbish. Great shooter and has a very low turnover rate.

Reply #317806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754