http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8z5_q3UYQ8&feature=autoshare

Reply #317924 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Dammit Schenscher, come to Adelaide

Reply #317930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting, because word around here is that he is going to sign with the Sixers.

Reply #317939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

come on guys which 1 is it? i hope its adelaide.

Reply #317941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

word is all of you who think they know are full of shit

Reply #317943 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

The only person who knows is Luke Schenscher. Just like Mr Lebron James Did.

Reply #317944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay the man Adelaide, make him an offere he cant refuse, thats the key to all this stuff. It all comes down to $$$ Adelaide need to pay up, and pay him over numerous seasons. Build around him. I hope they have the balls to do what they have to do, to keep fans on side.

Reply #317948 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Offer him the captaincy, coaching position and ownership of the stadium. A big decision coming folks and if Adelaide don't get him, is a sad day for SA basketball. Newley, Ingles and then Schenscher .....

Reply #317954 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'd rather someone like Ira Clark

Reply #317958 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

sigh another long season ahead

Reply #317959 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Clarke made a few comments about the progress
and the signing of any of last seasons players was stalled. He saw that they would build a team around Schenscher.

Reply #317965 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Scench is overated and not worth throwing stupid money at, if we get him at a decent/fair price for a few years then good if its only 1 year dont worry as he obviously wants the cash as always on 1 year deals.. Remember how many on here were bagging him for being soft and now he is the saviour, id rather a import big and DJ than scench, build a dynasty with lots of other young guys which is the way clarke coaches anyway.

How you keep the young guys when other clubs/europe start offering bigger money is the hard part.

Reply #317971 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

3 years here , I think.
He's happy with Herbert's training and Ng fits, but Bruce is over the cap n Carter gone. They like Weigh
Schenscher/Johnson
Ballinger/Dowdell
Weigh/Creek
Herbert/Ng
Ervin or Mills/Daly
Is how he is thinking.

Reply #317973 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Mills would be sick but that would be soo far off surely. why would he play for peanuts in a league not really rated by the NBA.

Reply #317980 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Because if there is a lockout it would give patty a chance to play in Australia for a season or half a season. Also I would assume that Patty would have a lot better chance of getting a contract in the NBL with an NBA out clause than he would in Europe. Dirk is thinking of playing in the German League which is not one of the better leagues in the world because it is home country,

Reply #317982 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Camel 31 that looks like a good team to me.

Reply #317985 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Not resigning him in the first place was a mistake. Do what it takes to get him back.

Reply #317986 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Unfortunately TC I'm pretty sure those two issues aren't mututally exclusive.
He wasn't happy about what happened last year and is not overflowing with gratitude.
But he's still a professional and needs a job so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I am doubtful it will happen now.
Ervin is the massive target now Martin is gone.

Reply #317990 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Patty is also extremely patriotic. A lockout provides a great opportunity for early preparation work leading up to the next Olympics.

I have no evidence but I would like to think the Boomers program have plans in place to capitalise on the oppotunities that come with a potential NBA lockout.

Reply #317993 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

I wonder whether Having Johnson and Ballinger would negatively influence Schanscher's decision? There seems to always be the notion around that he overprices himself, implying he has an exaggerated view of his ability/worth. If you add that Ballinger very often plays centre for Adelaide, and Johnson is hardly meant to be getting a reduction in minutes as his contract would wear on, would Schenscher want to be part of that rotation, vs. one at Townsville where Allen wouldn't commaind more than 10-15 mins/game at maximum?

Reply #317998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has never EVER priced himself to highly, there was a very ordinary mis communication between his management and a few of the NBL teams last season. He didnt sign in Adelaide for 'mad money' nor did he sign with the Crocs for 'mad money'. This season coming off the year he has had, and how dominant he has been in the 20-25 minutes per game he played, he will indeed be making more than the previous 2 seasons. I just hope the 36ers have the chops to pay up. If not, many season tickets holders wont be!

Reply #317999 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

Disregarding my comments re: price and his personal views of his worth then, the question still stands. Would he want to sacrifice his role somewhat due to the presence of Johnson and Ballinger?

Reply #318000 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What his agent was asking for was publicised by one of the NBL clubs from memory, but that public asking price has to be high in case a European club with deep pockets is interested and looking at him, you dont want to sell yourself short.

Having said that, while he hasnt been on mad money he hasnt come cheap in those two seasons has he? A fair amount which would equal a fair whack when it comes to a talented 7'1 centre.

Reply #318008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ziah, I realise you're a Crocs fan but Schensch and Balls play two different positions. He wouldn't have to sacrifice anything. The only reason Clarke played Balls is out of position at centre last season was because the only other option was DJ.

paul, I doubt Schensch made a great deal with Perth last season. He was supposedly all set to play in Qatar until the Wildcats threw him a lifeline a week or two before the season started. Even though he helped get them a championship given the great year he had before with the 36ers (17 & 10) his stock wouldn't have been all that high when he signed with the Crocs.

Reply #318013 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I was talking about his seasons with Adelaide and Townsville. Agree entirely about his season in Perth, but as a talented 7'1 centre I think his market value would have been pretty decent last off-season, especially with how committed he was to arriving early and doing a full pre-season. That would definitely have impressed clubs and it definitely paid dividends with his play.

Reply #318019 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

If the public would have seen Schensh play as much on TV as they did Julian Khazzouh, there would have been a lot more talk of Luke's chances at MVP, in my opinion.

Reply #318029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher is too one dimensional. A weak rebounder and defender aswell. His soft touch makes him a good player at NBL level though.

Reply #318031 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

schenser is better than that fool khazzouh
khazzouh is so talked up
if he is so good why did kings finish bottom

Reply #318032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow you serious TJ? It's a team game, and his team sucked!

Reply #318036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahah Anon dumb comment, one dimensional or not, good thing he plays NBL, where he dominates by scoring, rebounding ot drawing constant fouls on defenders down low. Guy is a great centre and hard to guard at NBL level. With the significant lack of depth available to NBL teams, who ever signs him will be an automatic challenger night in night out FACT

Reply #318042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First of all, what's with people startin sentences these days with "Guy" and "Dude"? It's "THE guy is a great centre".

Secondley, look up the meaning of fact.

Finally, he does not dominate anything, he is weak as piss.

Reply #318044 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

For some reason Luke seems to get comments at each end of the spectrum ie he is weak as piss or he dominates. I see it as somewhere in between. He is a very good low post scorer who makes other teams adjust to him, his rebounding is solid and his defence is a weak spot, particularly his ability to pick up fouls.

He is certainly no Khazzouh who is just as effective close to the basket, a better rebounder, shooter and passer, but if you follow the voting of the NBL coaches he is the third best centre in the league behind JK and Wilkinson. I think that is a fair reflection of his talents.

Reply #318048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id love to see what he averages if he was played more than 20 minutes a game!

Reply #318053 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

Well considering he averaged 25 min/game season just gone, I'd say he would average about 14 and 7.

Reply #318067 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Did anyone catch 10 news last night, I got told the ran a sixers story that we have signed weigh and they think they can get Luke as the offered him a 3 year deal

Reply #318069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone have the footage of that report last night???

Reply #318073 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

I am pretty sure that Aiston said that Big Red was flying into town and the 36ers were going to meet with him.

Reply #318075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ziah clearly im talking if he played 30minutes plus. I really hope the 36ers can get Schenschet to sign, it would genuinely hold Marty accountable for next season as he has to play the good players, and not just everyone get equal minutes and lose a 'good in spurts game' more time than not.

Reply #318088 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Do you think he would be more effective with more minutes. I think giving him good breathers enhances his play as he is fresh and better able to fight for position and finish with touch.

Reply #318110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher played 30mpg with the 36ers in 08-09 and averaged 17ppg & 11rpg.

Reply #318135 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That was in a 48 minute game, so he was playing just over 60% of the game, same as this year, and translated for a 48 minute game his stats were pretty close the same too (14 & 9 vs 14 & 7).

I dont think he would be much more effective if he started playing a higher percentage of minutes.

Reply #318141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just pointed out he can play more than 24mpg and effectively too.

Reply #318152 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

And I just pointed out that he was getting a lot of rest back then which he wouldnt get now in a 40 minute game!

Reply #318158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would 100% be more effective if he played more. Too much time in and out of the game would cool his body down and his feel for the game. Schenscher has never been unfit, the running aspect for a 7'1 guy in basketball is reasonably minimal. I still feel if he had played 30-35 in gm 3 this season things wouldve ended very differently, 22min is not acceptable for your team MVP.

Reply #318165 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

i hope schenscer comes to 36ers

Reply #318268 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

OK, I respect your opinion. I just think with him chasing more mobile players around defensively that he needs to rest to be able to operate effectively at the offensive end. It's not an uncommmon thing around the world to give the big centres plenty of rest and aim for quality when they are on.

Reply #318296 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

khazzouh > Schenscher

Reply #318324 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:30 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754