Bizzy
Years ago

NBA Draft Lottery

Well this years NBA Draft lottery has been and gone.

If you're a Clippers fan, you are probably looking to kill someone after the Pick traded in the Davis for Mo Williams trade just went #1.

The draft order:

14 - Houston
13 - Phoenix
12 - Utah
11 - Golden State
10 - Milwaukee
09 - Charlotte
08 - Detroit
07 - Sacramento
06 - Washington
05 - Toronto
04 - Cleveland
03 - Utah
02 - Minnesota
01 - Cleveland

Topic #25565 | Report this topic

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Hahaha yeah. Theoretically the clippers have had 2 number one picks over the last 3 years! That's crazy

Reply #317977 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

They would've screwed them up anyway, probably would've drafted Majok with it.

Reply #317988 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Ha

Reply #317989 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

As a Clippers fan I think I can say we don't get angry anymore. We live with low expectations that way we avoid being annually disappointed. The owner of the team is Donald Stirling - I rest my case.

We're happy that young Blake fella was fortunate enough to play a full season without hurting himself. He's provided Clipper fans with another decade of pleasant memories.

Reply #317994 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

A few funny things can happen in this draft, depending on how Cleveland play their #1 and #4 picks.

They could trade either pick for starters to try and get a little bit of experience instead of totally starting a re-build.

Secondly, it isn't a very strong draft... no one will be a superstar ala Dwight, LeBron, Shaq, Timmy etc

If they don't, they may not draft Kyrie Irving at #1 because they will still have either Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight at the PG position that they can get at #4.

Maybe they take Derrick Williams at #1 then Knight at #4 - Utah will take a PG at #2 (Irving) and Minnesota will either take Walker or Enes Kanter (C - Turkey) at #3.

There may be a few Europeans in the 1st round this year - Kanter, Jan Vesely, Davis Bertans, Jonas Valanciunas, Donatas Motiejunas & Bismack Biyombo

Reply #318009 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

OMFG just when you think the Clippers are heading in the right direction, they do something that beggars belief again! I know they weren't expecting to land the #1 but that's why you don't trade unprotected picks FFS!

Essentially they gave up the pick for Mo Williams and the chance to save about $12 mill over the next two seasons. That MIGHT be understandable if they had guys coming off contract they needed to be able to pay, but Davis's contract wouldn't have stopped them from signing Eric Gordon to a decent contract and Blake is not due for a contract extension for three years, so I don't see the pressing need for them to do a salary dump.

I wonder how Blake feels about his team giving away Kyrie Irving for cap room and Mo Williams?

Reply #318037 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I got picks 2 and mixed up:

Maybe they take Derrick Williams at #1 then Knight at #4 - Minnesota will take Enes Kanter (C - Turkey) at #2 & Utah will take a PG at #3 (Irving)... word is Rubio is coming to play for Minny

Reply #318054 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

god dammit - I got picks 2 and *3* mixed up

Reply #318055 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

This has happened before can anyone remember the draft of 2003?

Before the start of the 1997-98 season, the Pistons dealt Thorpe to the Vancouver Grizzlies for a future first-round draft pick. This deal came back to haunt the franchise during the 2003 NBA Draft Lottery when they would have received the second pick and had their choice of Darko Mili?i?, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade, but were forced to hand the pick over to the Pistons because they had yet to honor the trade.

Grizzlies would not have had to hand over the pick if it was the first pick in the draft. The grizzlies were the last team remaining with the cavs on who would be able to Draft Lebron James. If the Grizzlies got the first pick they would be able to draft Lebron James instead the cavs got the first pick and the grizzlies ended up with nothing.

Reply #318162 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Actully the clippers have also been bitten before many years ago.

Clippers gave away to the 76ers for the rights to Charles Barkely in the 1984 draft. They traded a future number one pick to the 76ers for World B Free in 1978. Six years later the Clippers were still horrible and the 76ers owned that pick and took Charles Barkely.

However I have some doubt on weather the clippers would of kept the first pick in draft in this years draft. They are youngest team in the league right now. They don't need to get any younger, provern veterans is what they want right now. However the first pick in the draft would of been a great trading chip.

Reply #318218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754