SKYHOOK
Years ago

It's about the GAME !! pt 1.

There has been a lot of bitching on this forum recently ... and its making for poor reading!
Anyone looking at the last couple of days posts can see that.

SO ..

I am suggesting we look at this weekends games (ABA) AGAIN .. and try to get the basketball juices flowing and leave some of the negativity aside. After all, this game that we all love is the real reason we ARE here ? !!

Lets start with the much hyped Sturt v Forestville games.

I saw both Forestville teams roll Norwood last week and both teams look like they might have the goods to do it against the Sabres.
The womens team is very tall and have some good athletes who can shoot pass and run the floor well. In addition to that .. they have Jenni Screen who is bloody strong ( i reckon she'd set some good picks in the mens league if she wanted to ) and youngsters like Newley who have been effective with limited mins.
I dont know much about the Sturt womens team... but they will need to bring their game !

The mens game has been done to DEATH so i wont really go into that too much , but i will say , GO EAGLES .. i tipped them to upset Sturt and keep the ladder balanced.

Southern V WEST

This is the battle of 'master' and 'apprentice' ... Bell (academy director) and Gerlach (fringe 6 er and academy MVP)
Can Gelrach and his team of thus far under-achievers (results to date) beat a similarly inconsistent West at home ? Methinks NO .. i think the experience of West with Bell back in the side will be the difference.
If Southern are to win Gerlach will need to get 30 pts and the big men a LOT of boards.

- have not seen the women of either team play yet ... dont have anything much to say on this one.

South vs Eastern

The womens game will be the one to watch for the ladies this week . Both teams are highly skilled and will probably score in the high 70-80's . Eastern have played some good basketball, but i think South will Win it on depth and experience, and have shown they can play after def. North recently.

The mens game could go either way. Eastern would have to be the favourite with Becis and Davis playing so well in the absence of Holmes, but dont ever count South out ! Eastern may have burned too bright too early with wins over Norwood and Forestville and the stars might be a bit weary.
South have some great players in Kosmider and Pilkington who could push Eastern to the limit at home.
My tip is Eastern .. but by ONLY 2-5 pts.

Depending on the type of response this post receives ... ill do Pt 2 shortly ...

It's all about the GAME !!

Topic #2557 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Well put Skyhook. I'm on the same wave length as you except I think maybe the Sturt men could get up but should be a good game. Would like to see Sturt lose one just to keep the ladder 'Balanced' as you so nicely put it.

Reply #28727 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If Newley has picked up his game since these teams last met, then Sturt could have their work cut out for them. Even so, I predict Sturt but only by 3-4 points.

Reply #28743 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

without mottram i can see forman having a huge game and getting sturt over the line

Reply #28762 | Report this post

Curious Monkey  
Years ago

we all know the Dix Forman match up will be one to watch, and im not sure if the match-ups will work out this way, but i would like to see Newley take on Ng.

Reply #28848 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the end, Ng did often match-up on Newley.

Ng: 11 points (3 of 17), 3 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals.
Newley: 16 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks, but 8 turnovers.

Dix: 26 points, 13 rebounds.
Forman: 37 points, 16 rebounds.

Reply #29014 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754