G6
Years ago

NATIONAL CLASSIC

who are the main victorian sides to take out the final?

any interstate threats?

Topic #25592 | Report this topic

WTF  
Years ago

U12 Boys - Bulleen, Eltham and Dandenong
U14 Boys - Keilor, Altona, Knox and Bulleen
U16 Boys - Bulleen, Knox and Dandenong
U18 Boys - Waverley, Melbourne, Werribee and Dandenong

U12 Girls - Sandringham, Altona, Geelong and Bulleen
U14 Girls - Bulleen, Eltham, Melbourne and Dandenong
U16 Girls - Nunawading, Bulleen, Melbourne and Dandenong
U18 Girls - Knox, Dandenong, Melbourne and Bulleen

Bulleen and Dandenong seem to have the strongest all around clubs, with almost all their first sides playing at the top of VC.

Under 14 Boys I believe is the hardest to call as it is such a close competition with any team having the ability to beat another.

Makes for an interesting tournament.

Reply #318460 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

I looked over the Boys and Girls VJBL VC ladders this morning and noticed (on combined ladders) that the top teams after 8 rounds had 0 or 1 loss and came to the conclusion that not many can be beaten by the invited interstate teams.
Not that they cant beat them, just this years top teams in all age groups seem a cut above.
This is my opinion, but it WILL be a great weekend and I wish all interstate and local Vic teams all the very best.

I'll be there if anyone wants to chat - I'll be the one with orange(red) hair, white face and red nose, wearing yellow overalls(giving out cheeseburgers)

Reply #318462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U/18 boys - Knox & DV are a chance

U/18 Girls - DV a chance

U/12 Girls - DV a chance

U/16 Boys - Melbourne a chance

Reply #318463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 14 boys will probably be the most interesting series to watch at the Classic

Reply #318546 | Report this post

Dirk 41  
Years ago

Will any SA teams compete in any grades?

Reply #318621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u18 boys all 4 teams should be competitive

Reply #318630 | Report this post

bdbb  
Years ago

i think the u18 girls from sturt and norwood will be very competitive and could maybe even medal! i am not sure that any of the other sa girls teams in any grade will medal except maybe forestville u12s but there could be some top 8s.

anyone know about the boys?

Reply #318742 | Report this post

Titan15  
Years ago

Under 18 boys should be a great competition.

The following Vic teams all have a chance to win, Waverley, Werribee, Dandenong, Keilor, Melbourne, Diamond Valley, Ballarat and Knox

This on top of some very good NSW teams who are National Title holders. Sturt would also fancy there chances.

Under 16 Boys, Bulleen and Knox seem a class above everyone else though Dandenong and possibly Melbourne could challenge

Under 14 Boys will be out of Knox and Bulleen

Under 12, Danenong would have to be favorites.

Should be a great weekend

Reply #318761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne to sweep the boys 12-18s

Reply #318811 | Report this post

basketball taxi  
Years ago

What has happened to the Nunawading Boys Program?

Reply #318824 | Report this post

basketball taxi  
Years ago

Frankston U/12 Girls should have a good chance of a medal.

Reply #318825 | Report this post

Jet  
Years ago

In 14 boys, haven't Bulleen lost to Altona and drawn with Hawthorn recently? What makes them favourites along with Knox?

Reply #318828 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

U14 boys very hard to determine...depends on who shows up on the day. Apparently Altona is playing good ball of recent but as from previous years anything can happen, should be a great tournament! Nationals will be even more interesting!

Reply #319028 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

maVS WILL MEDAL IN U16 g

Reply #319046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754