Happy Days
Years ago

Criticism on a league forum

Question:Should you be able to give constructive criticise about a team on a league forum or is it best left to forums such as this? eg Big V

Topic #25594 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

League's aren’t going to let people criticise them or their Clubs/coaches/players on their own forum.

It’s best to post any issue you want to raise here or the "other" boards forum.

Reply #318468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want to give constructive feedback on a team why not contact the club directly?

Posting on either a League forum (which I can only assume you tried to do and the League removed your post) or on here doesn't actually achieve anything.

Do you think the club and more importantly the coach/team are looking on forums thinking oh wow some anonymous person thinks we should run this or play this player, we should do what they said.

Reply #318469 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think it cuts to close to the bone thats why there so heavily sanitised. People dont like criticism these days even when its justified.

Reply #318470 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

It would depend on the delivery and the target of the criticism.

If you're asking a question of a decision that is made, I'm sure that would be fine. If you're blatantly targetting the organization and tell them that they couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery, then you're asking for trouble.

Reply #318471 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

To be honest i dont know why leagues have forums as i know the SEABL and NBL dont. Best left to forums such as these where you get to debate different issues.

Reply #318472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Discussion can be good.

Promotion is good.

But unfortunately most people use forums to vent. Negativity on a League or Club forum will always be removed.

You clearly want to vent. If you really wanted to provide the club with constructive feedback then you'd contact the club directly.

Reply #318473 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

Anon posters should be really valued for their opinion on this thread

Reply #318475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because posting as Happy Days is any better then posting as anonymous?

Reply #318479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754