G....T
Years ago

Starplex

Im travelling to Starplex on Friday .Does the Northern Expressway decrease travelling timeor is that not the way to go.

I have not been there for at least 2 years.

Topic #25595 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you are coming from the Western suburbs then yes. If you are going throguh the central or eastern suburbs then no

Reply #318474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I decided not to take it last time I went... I was at about 9.15pm though, not peak hour, it's 10km longer than taking Main Nth Road, but I am unsure... May not be worth it, depends what time you leave. I came from the City.

Reply #318480 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

I use it every day, living 10 mins south of Gawler, and about 5 mins south of Starplex. It doesnt make a great deal of different time wise. Guess it depends on if you like stopping at all the traffic lights. If you do use it, you are probably better off taking the Curtis Rd exit and then jumping up to Main North, otherwise you have to actually go a bit past it and double back.

Reply #318487 | Report this post

Areial 50  
Years ago

What is the starplex?

Reply #318488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NEX cuts off around 10 mins. Two lanes at 110 km/hr means you'll be more refreshed than if you came up Main North Rd with 80 km.rh and plenty of red lights. But, wait a minute you'll playing us, so take Main North Rd are arrive testy.

Reply #318494 | Report this post

G....T  
Years ago

Ok with all that said.where do you get on it ?I have not been that way for a couple of years.

And Anon. You dont want us to arrive testy.

Reply #318526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drive up Port Wakefield Rd and it's all signposted. The turnoff to Gawler is at Long Tan bridge. This brings you into Gawler at the halfway mark. At the RSL roundabout, you can either turn right and go around the racecourse, or else, go straight ahead and over the railway bridge then onto Adelaide Rd.

Reply #318530 | Report this post

G....T  
Years ago

we all arrived relaxed and won the game.

thanks

Reply #318985 | Report this post

bring it  
Years ago

so what's teh verdict - northern expressway and get off at long tan bridge and drive back - or main north rd ?

Reply #318987 | Report this post

G....T  
Years ago

went northern expressway . long tan bridge. luckly I had the gps to find starplex once i got off it though.

Reply #319138 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

that's what concerns me - at night the back blocks of virginia / angle vale / penfield can get confusing and are not as well lit as main north rd.

But it would be a smoother run

Reply #319142 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:40 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754