skip
Years ago

Tigers finalise their roster

The have just tweeted that Ron Dorsey and Ayinde Ubaka have been signed as thier imports for this season. Lucas Walker has also resigned with the club. This make them the first team to have their roster set for 11/12.

Matt Burston
Cam Tragardh
Ron Dorsey
Ayinde Ubaka
Liam Rush
Daniel Dillon
Benny Lewis
Daryl Corletto
Lucas Walker
Tom Greer

It looks a very impressive line up and far more balanced than last year.

Topic #25605 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Balanced unless Burston or Tragardh gets injured. Should be better than last year regardless though.

Reply #318593 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Maybe a little thin up front but a solid line up. I would expect them to be much improved on last season providing the 2 big guys stay healthy.

Reply #318597 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I agree, might be in a bit of trouble if an injury happens to one of the big guys and they only have one true point guard but overall it looks like a much improved and versatile line up. They should be an exciting team to watch with all the athleticism they Posses.

Reply #318599 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Not a Tigers fan but I look forward to watching that lineup play

Reply #318606 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I agree w/ Paul and No Deal!

That lineup looks good on paper but could suffer if Burston and/or Trigger get injured. I can't see Rush holding down the Centre position with the likes of Dorsey/Greer/Walker trying to play 4.

Without the injuries, we're bound to see a lineup like that during some stages of the game. So it will be interesting to watch.

Reply #318609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the PG spot could catch them out if Ubaka doesn't perform!
However when all fit and firing it is a top notch line up! they'll be quick and mobile if you play:

5 - Tragardh
4 - Greer/Walker
3 - Rush/Lewis
2 - Dorsey/Dillon
1 - Ubaka

Reply #318610 | Report this post

Ain't no G  
Years ago

If you can't beat em, sign em. The new look melbourne taipans!

Reply #318612 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

good move

Reply #318638 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree on the C spot, but a decent athletic and versatile lineup

Reply #318656 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ubaka signed for 145K
Dorsey signed for 125K

Ubaka will be more trouble than he is worth. (party boy etc, selfish)
Dorsey cannot play 2 (no handle) and cannot play 4 (no post game)

Trigger injury prone and will get injured, Burston soft!

Reply #318686 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Similar roster to last year for the tigers.
Their recruiting is similar to Carlton's in the AFL. Constantly looking for best available with no eye for what the already have. Carlton end up with a team of midfielders and small forwards. Tigers ended up with a team full of centres last year. Now they have a team full of small forwards.
If, and a big if it is, Burton manages to play a full season out for the first time ever, and Tragardh also stays injury free, then they will probably be fine.
Then you look at the other end of the court and find Ubaka with. No obvious backup at the point. Sure Dillon can possibly fill in a few minutes, but he couldn't carry the team for a full match if Ubaka picked up a short term injury.
Going to be fun watching them try to make what they have work again this year. Their balance is probably easier to manage than last year, but there's still the same issues there.

Reply #318692 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Yeah, they could have definitely lost a few of those wing players. I feel there is a massive vulnerability at center.

They would have been better served getting and import 4-5 instead of Dorsey that could back up at center. Walker can play some minutes at power forward but that's not his position. A pass first aussie point guard would have been handy too. But having Greer and Lewis signed before the season should have meant they didn't need to sign as many 3's.

The Tigers were lucky having Burston not injured last season. They will be praying for the same result this year!

Oh well, it's a guards league and I feel a bit better with the smaller line-up then the big and slow one they had last year.

Reply #318707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many forwards. If Burston gets injured, which he has a real history of, they're in trouble. And the same with Ubaka. First team I've seen with one point guard, one centre and five small forwards

Reply #318720 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

cam tragardh isnt a small forward

Reply #318765 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Burston/Tragardh
Tragardh/Walker
Dorsey/Rush/Greer
Dillon/Rush/Lewis
Ubaka/Dillon

A little light at the 4 and 5, but a better team than last year.
Walker at 6'7 has a fair bit of weight behind him, rush is way too light to play the 4.

Reply #318766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly.. Rush, Lewis, Greer, Walker and Dorsey are all small forwards. With one point guard and one centre I don't see how this team is more balanced than last year's team. Because forwards are taller than guards but shorter than centres?

Reply #318860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754