Mystro
Years ago

Breakers roster shaping up

Breakers have resigned Finals MVP Tom Abercrombie for next season along with B.J Anthony who has signed a 2year deal and has graduated from the development ranks.

Cj Bruton
Cory Webster
Tom Abercrombie
Dillion Boucher
Mika Vukona
B.J Anthony
Alex Pledger

Kirk Penney has untill August 1 to decide to play NBL or try for NBA or chase $ in Europe.
Wilkinson is back in the States but is in contact with Lemanis etc
Havent heard anything regarding Braswell but he is still in NZ playing NZNBL and after last season I would be extremely happy to have both Imports back.
So it looks like Anthony has snagged Henares spot on the roster and if Penney stays 1 of the Imports will be the Starting PG (Braswell?) and the other a PF/C (Wilkinson? But surely on more $).

Topic #25607 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be good if Penney left and took all his 'endangered species' calls with him :p

But seriously, id be very curious more than anything to see where the Breakers put there money if he didnt return.

Reply #318663 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Penney doesn't have a whistle, the refs do. If he can draw contact and sell minimal contact to them and get the call, good on him. You can't tell me that he doesn't get bumped and banged and jersey grabbed most games as players try to defend him running off screens. It goes both ways.

Reply #318667 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Pretty strong team once again as long as Penney and Wilko come back. The only risk I would think is with the PG position, as CJ might struggle with injuries again and Braswell is too turnover prone at times. There was a reason why Henare started most games this past season!

Reply #318671 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I believe Henare was started over Braswell because of his good transition D and it allowed a fresh Braswell to come in later in the game and make a big impact. Braswell wasn't the only Breaker to turn the ball over either.

Reply #318706 | Report this post

nzbreakheart  
Years ago

They should be signing lindsay tait, if C.j injury pops up again and again (hes not getting any younger...) they need a good PG.. who can lead the team

Reply #318935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754