Will Jacob get a job this year?

Topic #25611 | Report this topic

TJ  
Years ago

maybe with the Crocs as back up to russ

Reply #318725 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

Sure he will get a job, just won't be as a basketballer!!!

Reply #318727 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I think someone will pick him up, unfortunately I think his time in Adelaide is over.

Reply #318728 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

This is crap, Jacob should be a 36er
We are losing too many of our best players.
It does not matter whom Clarke gets. They will struggle under him.

Reply #318729 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Surely if the decision is between Dowdell and Holmes as a backup big, you go Holmes?

Guess it comes down to dollars, points, opportunity and whether or not Holmes will want to relocate?

Reply #318732 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Peter, lay off the crack pipe. Jacob was by no means that great and definitely not one of "the best players". Being able to rebound doesnt cut it anymore. he was ok but if we want to get anywhere we needed to get rid of him. best of luck to him but im not too confident anyone will pick him up.

Reply #318733 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Peter, In the amount of time this player will play I think Dowdell at the very least can play a similar role to Jacob but with a more reliable shot which in my opinion makes him more dangerous.....not to mention he is younger, probably cheaper and less points than Jacob.

The player being selected for this position is only insurance in case one of Schensch (if we get him), Balls or DJ go down.....Schensch and Balls will start and DJ will fill the majority of the minutes behind these two.

No point wasting points and money on this player/position for the amount of court time they are going to receive!

Reply #318738 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

He'll prob end up at the hawks and win most improved.

Reply #318739 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I thought it was either Holmes or Hill that had to go and now that Hill is gone i think we can afford to keep Holmes.

I would like to see this sort of roster:

Schenscher/Johnson
Ballinger/Holmes
Weigh/Creek
Import or decent Aussie/Ng
Bruce or Import/Daly

Only go with one import at either the 1 or the 2

Reply #318744 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Mills 10/CROSSWELL 6 (16)
Herbert 5/NG 6 (11)
WEIGH 7/CREEK 1 (8)
BALLINGER 10/Dowdell 3 (13)
Schenscher 10/JOHNSON 6 (16)

With 70 points available - or 14 per line - they could afford Holmes in place of Dowdell. Interesting times ahead. For those like me that can't keep up with it all, the signed and confirmed players are in CAPITALS (for some reason, Dowdell isn't listed as confirmed despite being signed?).

Reply #318747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses - Dowdell isn't signed.

Reply #318749 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

What do the 6ers do if Big Red signs with the Crocs or elsewhere?

Every predicted line up has him in it, personally I don't like the chances of him signing in Adelaide.

What would the fan reaction be if Helliwell was the starting C instead?

Reply #318751 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

Are you sure dowdell isn't signed I thought he had a two year deal with us?

No way would be start with Helliwell or get him for that matter!

If we can't get Luke then we would get two decent imports. Majok would be a good defensive center.

Reply #318755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red will sign with Townsville, just using the sixers to push up his money. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned.
He is an ok player but not worth the attention or money his ego tells him.
Cant play finals

Reply #318758 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems Schenscher will tell us tomorrow , what he's doing.

While Holmes started and played a lotta minutes
Dowdell only a few minutes... not enough to really tell if he's any good.. Seemed OK.
Still , Bruce found him pretty good, with some nice passes n Bruce seems to be gone to Sydney as Crosswell comes in.....Maybe Dowdell , not sure.

Reply #318764 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

from what i see,dowdell has no upside - he is lucky to be in the nbl as a #10.
careful how much you pay for big luke......nbl titles aren't won from there.

what's with these 7 foot redheads......it's like that old movie'the attack of the killer tomato's.......the bastards are everywhere!!

Reply #318768 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I suspect Jacob's ongoing involvement with Adelaide depends on Luke's decision.

No Luke means Jacob's rebounding will be more valuable and a back up centre behind Johnson is more likely to be pursued.

Alternatively if Schensch comes back then Jacob will need to put his interests before the team. He's too young to retire from the NBL and there are other organisations who can offer him much better playing options than playing fourth fiddle behind Schench, Balls and DJ.

Reply #318776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like according to Boti that Luke will be staying with Cairns, I would keep Holmes.

Reply #318780 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

...staying with T'ville anon.

I think Peter has a point!!

Reply #318799 | Report this post

I would rather they keep Holmes as a back up to Balls. His defence and rebounding would be handy. Clarke should try and get a better balance of players this year, we were too guard heavy last season. I think this would be a good side.

C - DJ(7) & Majok(7)/Mottram(?)
PF- Balls(10) & Holmes(6)
SF- Weigh(7) & Creek(1)
SG- Import(10) & Ng(6)
PG- Import(10) & Crosswell(6)

Thats 70 points with Majok as the other centre. As long as the import PG is a passer and the import SG can score and play D this team would be a top 4 team.

Reply #318817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Majok really want to come back and play in the NBL let alone Adelaide??

Reply #318827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's either that or crappy European comps because there will be no D League.

Reply #318833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't reall need majok anyway

Reply #381268 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754