lukn4atitle
Years ago

Luke Schenscher to sign with Townsville

Today Townsville will announce that Luke will once again be part of their club. Adelaide will now attempt to lure Neil Mottram back.He is in the Equation anyway.

Topic #25612 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope this Is just more Boti bullcrap

Reply #318785 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Even without Schenscher, I think an improving Johnson as a 5 and Ballinger as a 4/5 have the big spots covered. A reserve like Mottram would be good insurance too. But the starting PFs for the past five championship teams have been Mackinnon, Lampley, Worthington, Redhage and Vukona. I think the Sixers would be wise to spend some good dollars on a player, presumably an import, in this mould.

Reply #318786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we should look to sign lampley.

Reply #318788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It official, big red stays a croc.

Reply #318792 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

overated player anyway so lets go sign a tough big guy in the mould or IRA Clarke or get 2 other decent imports that are above 6ft

Reply #318800 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Spewing, but with Johnson in the line up its not the end of the world,

Could be good in a few ways would allow us to sign say a Mottram to split the minutes with Johnson at C and sign 2 imports id go for a PG and a athletic 2/3 pf the Ron Dorsey/Dave Thomas mould.

Id go for a line up of

Johnson/Mottram
Ballinger/Creek
Weigh/Herbert
IMPORT/Ng
IMPORT (Ervin or Mills)/Crosswell

That looks pretty good to me, and would be good to see Johnson givne a chance to start and play 20 + mins per game.

Creek though listed at PF would play most his minuted at SF and playing the occasional mins at PF sharing the back up role with Mottram and Weigh, all capable of 5 mins a game at PF IMO

Reply #318802 | Report this post

Brick  
Years ago

I love lamp(ley)

Reply #318803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wil go import in one of bigs.

Creek is backup 3 not a 4 Jonno.

Motts too injury prone.

Reply #318804 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Not the end of the world IMO! I think we should look for a team like;

C - Johnson/Rickert
PF - Balls/Rickert/Dowdell or Holmes
SF - Weigh/Creek
SG - Herbert/Ng
PG - Ervin/Croswell
DP - Daly

Rickert would bring some much needed grunt to go with the finesse of Johnson & Balls.....and he is close to naturalisation.

Reply #318807 | Report this post

Oldcat  
Years ago

Rumor has it Herbi still a free agent, can anyone shed any light.

Reply #318809 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Oldcat - It's no rumour, it's a fact that he hasn't signed with anyone yet. Alot hinges on the Schenscher decision.

Reply #318816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would rather naturalised Rickert over Mottram any day.

Probably Dowdell over Holmes as a back up 4

Reply #318818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy with motts being the back up. Gd defender. I would like to see gilchrist come back if medical goes well if we can't get mills/Ervin n a either sanders or lampley even though getting on can handle the ball/post up n rebound.

Reply #318821 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Why the hell would we get Mottram . What does he offer . Why are we not looking at Ira Clark or similar Lampley another good get
Just hope they are ready to move now they have lost
Schens. especially when was unlikely to come anyway after last year and Crocs loyalty to him.
Still only got half a team at moment hope Herbert signed up soon as type of role player need

Reply #318826 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Ira Clake would be great. Not keen on Lampley or Mottram. What about Carlos Powell? If will are looking at MIlls for a PG we should also be looking at some NBA role playes that may want a gig

Reply #318829 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

With Ng, Creek and Weigh do you reckon they will keep Herbert? Unless doing a Tigers copy, wouldn't something like this be better?

Import/Crosswell
Import/NG
Weigh/Creek
Ballinger/Holmes or Dowdell etc.
Johnson/Vanderjagt or someone

It must be time Johnson got given the starting role surely. I wouldn't have thought he would have signed a multi year contract to be a backup.

Reply #318830 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Why would we go for Mottram? Because he is an Aussie that can fill a role off the bench that will allow us to sign imports in 2 of 3 positions;

Starting PG, Starting SG or back up PF.

You cant seriously be suggesting Lampley can you people? He is past his best and picking him up would remind me of other tried and failed recycled imports past their use by date like Chappelle, Timmons etc...

Reply #318832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we don't get mills or Ervin would people want John gilchrist back strong athletic point gaurd? Big miss not getting big red. Johnson 5 balls 4 weigh 3 n to really gd imports or mills. Motts, ng, crosswell and creek.

Reply #318834 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

We had Mottram before back a few years ago alongside Axel "Son, I am disappoint" Dench. When you're coming off the bench behind Nick Horvath, you know there's an issue.

As for thoughts on keeping Herbert; our Defence needs a guy like him on the team; he's also a reliable scorer and brings hustle.

Reply #318836 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Agree w tornado and bretts. Motts was good for fouling and that's about it. If rickert is fit I'd be very interested in him. If Aussie that is a bonus. Rick brings the Rebs, aggression and low post game we need to compliment DJ and balls finesse games. If we got him as import get an import PG and sign herbie. Ziah I agree with you, if we go with 2 backcourt imports herbie might not fit as we would need a big instead. Would like to see herbie stick around if poss tho.

Reply #318839 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dont think Rickert will be a local anytime soon.

Reply #318844 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

He was close last year with the GC but then they let him go when it didnt come through - cant be that far off?

Reply #318847 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It is, because he left NZ. He is no chance of becoming a Kiwi any time soon because he hasnt lived there for a year.

Reply #318851 | Report this post

Stat  
Years ago

Big Marty is kind of right.

We did have Dench and Mottram playing at the same time (07-08) - but it was the season following Horvath's departure (06-07) - and they only lasted the one season because Ninnis cleared the decks when he took over. In 07-08 they went:

Dench - 29gms 6.59 ppg 3.9 rpg 1.8 fpg
Mottram - 26gms 4.92 ppg 4.9 rpg 3.5 fpg

David Cooper started in 16 games, Mottram 14, Dench 4

Reply #318857 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Great trio
Cooper Mottram and Dench wow we have done some good recruiting over last few years havent we

Reply #318858 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Brett's, you can't put cooper in the same boat as mottram and dench. Cooper was a very good defensive centre for us over several seasons, he just ran out of legs towards the end.

Reply #318859 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Mottram never really got going when he was at the Sixers. He was a foul magnet who was called for the slightest touch, yet he could be monstered and no call. There were so many games he got into foul trouble early.

I haven't got access to the game stats, but how many of his 3.5 fpg were in the first half only to sit on the bench for half the game to come out in the fourth to get his final foul?

I believe we haven't seen the best of Mr Mottram in a Sixers top.

I got the feeling Dench was a player playing under a shroud of fear. I remember one game where he missed the easiest of shots, then his body language changed and he was dragged. After that, he didn't take a risk for fear of failure and getting dragged (or so it seemed to me!)

Anyhow, I thought "Merumeru" was back home in Kashyyyk?

( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Merumeru)

Reply #318863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know when people are talking about hoping to sign Mottram after missing out on Schenscher it's going to be a very long offseason, again.

Reply #318873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes huge loss missing out on him. Don't mind signing motts as a filler/back up big but missing out on schenchser i want a Barlow/markovic or even Bose signing as well as 2 solid imports. ATM lose hill gain weigh which is an improvement lose carter n Bruce 4 crosswell which is a lost n sign ng who is def not a starter. Same old same old.

Reply #318877 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Presumably, if we miss out on Luke, it'd mean more money to spend on guards? Perhaps Herbert was the plan if Schensch signed, but we could get an import SG otherwise? Price difference between Luke and Mottram would be a bit.

Could also be more aggressive in going for Ervin? Main issue there might be other offers OS.

Reply #318880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jonnos team will be close to mark. Sign a combo of Mee and Rose at their prime and we will be good. Sign winder and devries and jonnos team looks remarkably similar to this years team. All comes down to the imports.

Reply #318881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has any 1 got conformation of this signing?

Reply #318884 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'd throw some cash Ira Clarkes way and try lure him into a Sixers jersey. Guys a beast in the paint.

Reply #318892 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

hang on where did luke4antitle get this info he might still come to adelaide

Reply #318895 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Boti Nagy mentioned it in an article, however it isnt finalised yet:

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2011/05/27/234431_sport.html

Reply #318896 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I agree with getting Ira Clark! Also now that we cant get Schenscher we might have a great shot at getting Ervin. If we could get both those players we would be a great chance of making the playoffs

Reply #318904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Main reason Ira Clark came to Australia was because of his relationship with Joey Wright.

Can't see him playing for any other NBL team.

Reply #318908 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No doubt he will have some big offers. Having said that, he did say last year that he was enjoying playing at a hig level again after a couple of years being paid royally in the Middle East to play average hoops. You never know at his age, he may want to keep playing at a good standard, in good climates and in a familiar culture.

Reply #318909 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Looks like Schenscher still has not given a decision to either the Crocs or the Sixers.

From an article posted on the Townsville Bulletin:

THE Crocodiles won't hesitate in pulling a lucrative offer off the table if Luke Schenscher doesn't sign by the end of today.

Article Here

Reply #318917 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Still sounds like he's signing with Townsville, just a few sticking points to resolve

Reply #318921 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I laughed at the 'sticking points' though - salary, Euro out clause and length of deal! At least they have the big stuff sorted!

Reply #318925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Realistically how many starting centres are avaliable for the 36ers to choose from??????

Reply #318952 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Mottram backup centre is pretty much the option now

Reply #318962 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Classic! Could it be that Townsville is finding the same problem the Sixers had as far as getting a commitment from Luke? Same tricks from the same agent again perhaps?

Reply #318963 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Ian Smythe's comments are somewhat contradictory and don't inspire confidence of Schenschers return to the Crocs. They suggest to me that Adelaide have offered Luke a great deal, and one that Townsville would prefer not to match (but might be forced to).

Reply #318969 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In terms of options for centres, the Sixers have two guys capable of starting at centre with the right players around them, and could also chase Luke Nevill, Daniel Kickert and Craig Bradshaw if they wanted to.

Probably wont though, start Johnson, play Ballinger there in stretches and have someone else (Mottram) in reserve. The money really needs to be spent getting the 1-2 and mobile 4 spots sorted.

Reply #318971 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Having said all that, it sounds like Adelaide are still a chance for big Luke.

Reply #318972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be a croc.

Reply #318973 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754