tyrell
Years ago

Where is @chomicide

@chomicide has not tweeted since being cut by trevor gleeson- what's the go with this? I want him back on twitter and more importantly back in this league!

Topic #25622 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Yeah I've noticed he's been silent on there and miss his tweets. I'd love him in the NBL somewhere. Awesome character and good for our league.

Hopefully his family issues back in the USA get sorted soon as recently reported.

Reply #318897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspect his family issues were just an excuse to stop ruining his reputation by stinking it up in the SEABL for the Spartans. he was terrible and infact if you read Boty yesterday you would see SEABL import Shawntes Gary lit up Brisbane Spartans guard Corey "Homicide" Williams for 36 points, including six triples last weekend. After that he has family issues.

Reply #318900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He tweeted a photo of himself with his daughter today.

Reply #318901 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No one mentions that Gary took about 30 shots that game.

Reply #318902 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Strategically playing in the SEABL is not a smart idea for Homicide and he now realises that.As an earlier post says, hes damaging his reputation getting spanked by SEABL imports no matter how many shots they take.

Reply #318905 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont know that NBL clubs really judge current NBL players on their performances in the SEABL.

Reply #318907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still don't understand why the NBL don't go after some of the SEABL imports guys like Lester Strong, CJ Massingale, Izzy Muhammed have shown they can play the Aussie game. Yes the competition isn't as good as the NBL but at least they have demonstrated they can play unlike trying someone fresh out of college who we see stink it up year after year in the NBL.

Reply #318911 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Perhaps one of the big advantages of playing SEABL is seeing how potential imports play the Australian style game and how they cope with Australian referees, something many have trouble adjusting to.

Reply #318914 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They would often be a lot cheaper to recruit. Same with the NZNBL. I guess the downside is if they dont perform they cop it for recruiting an import from a lower comp.

Reply #318915 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

isn't israel mohammed the same guy who played for east perth eagles in the sbl- he ain't no import he is an aussie!

Reply #318918 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Wrong guy!!!!

Reply #318923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ or Muhammad would make the cut at NBL level as a cheap import option.

Also Gary is lighting it up and could easily be on an NBL roster!

Reply #318940 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Hey a few good imports come from State Leagues - remember a bloke called Mark Davis. It was a while ago though.

Reply #318942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the seabl website says this about Muhammed only a few days ago, and while Ismail Muhammad still is yet to play anywhere near his dazzling best. NBL no.

Reply #318989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are u trying to say gary isnt that gd paul? He would come cheap but in 1 of his interviews he clearly states he hasnt played much at the point but more as a 3 guy. solid post up game he says. prob not what we need at only 6'2.

Reply #318996 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754