curious
Years ago

Game 5 Bulls v Heat

What a great match up! loyalty v Money/glory chasers, veretrans v new stars, let the games begin. I am calling heat in 6 games and a huge hi to all the people who wrote of the heat at the half way mark of this season!! what have you got to say now?

Topic #25625 | Report this topic

Rasheed30  
Years ago

So much for a spoiler!!!

Reply #318926 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

spoiler alert would have been appreciated.

Reply #318927 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

sorry, my bad!! dont know how to change it! can one of the site people do this please!?

Reply #318928 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

there's one bloke in my office who recorded the game and is watching it tonight. it's so much fun teasing him.

Reply #318931 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Fixed.

Reply #318932 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

It still baffles me that people who want to watch a replay of the game without knowing the result would come to a basketball related forum.

Turn the computer, radio and TV off and wait until you get time to watch it FFS!

Reply #318937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Juror 12,

Rules on the forum are clear - no spoilers in titles.

May want to read a local ABL thread and not an NBA one yet. Just think about others and don't give away scores in the titles of threads FFS!

Reply #318938 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

killing the buzz is way better :)
Chokecago and Oklahomo have to wait another year

Reply #318939 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

Lebron and Bosh are my most hated sportsmen in the world!!! They way they carry on after individual plays to the crowd and to their team mates is disrespectfull to the game. They are all about themselves. I'm not a dallas fan but I want nothing more than to see these guys get swept in the finals.

Every single time lebron does something he will turn and pose to the crowd and make it all about himself.
Like after the boston series when he kneeled down after the game and froze like it was all about himself.

Dallas in 4!!!!

Reply #318944 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I would be happy with either Miami or Dallas winning but have been backing Miami the whole post season against basically everyone i know so sticking with them.

I understand the whole free agency thing was over the top but why dont people get over that and respect the basketball skills they have. Seems like abit unjustified hate torwards the Heat and especially Lebron. They became the new Lakers overnight just because they wanted to win a championship.. which team doesnt want to win a championship and wouldnt have done the exact same thing given the opportunity?

Reply #318945 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Oh and Miami in 6, maybe 5

Reply #318946 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Miami will sweep them

Reply #318947 | Report this post

JA  
Years ago

How are bosh and lebron being disrespectfull to the game??? how is what they do any different to what any other player does after they make a good play???

Both lebron and bosh didnt break the rules they just went after a championship and they have a chance to get one just like any other player in the league.

I think what carmelo did was worse then what lebron and bosh did.

Reply #318949 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Tripple, I totally agree with you.
LBJ and D-Wade are all about the stardom and individual accolades of winning the title.

His post game comments from today were interesting:

"This has been a good run for myself in closing these games, but I never lost confidence in my ability in those situations," he said. "I know what I'm capable of. This wasn't anything new. I did this in the past. The times when I didn't make shots, those are the ones people remember. Not the times when you do well.You feel like the world is caving in on you sometimes."

Uses words like Myself, I, My, I'm, ...no mention of the team or 'we'.
Very self-centered and egotistical.

Reply #318950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MACDUB are you serious??????????????????

Lebron uses words like I'm and my and all those type of words because the reporters ask him questions about his plays you just dont hear the questions because they cut the questions out and just show the answers...

what do you expect them to say?

Reporter: Lebron what are your thoughts on your game winning shot?

Lebron: ohh WE shoot really well...the players on the bench were cheering real loud for me....and while i was taking the shot..WE as a team were watching the ball go through the air really well....

hahahahahha

Reply #318954 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

He is egotistical..simple as that.

MJ wanted to win championships because he wanted to win in a team environment, he wanted to be part of a collective success. He wanted to win as a TEAM.

LBJ wants to win a ring simply because he thinks that the only way he can be better than MJ is if he has as many, if not more rings than him.

Lebron only wants championships to further his own individual stardom.

Reply #318956 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

MACDUB I have a slight feeling that you don't like him and that there is a good chance you wont be inviting him over for Christmas lunch this year if he doesn't change his ways!

Reply #318957 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

MACDUB I think you have Lebron confused with Kobe

Reply #318958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the haters keep hating.

Whoever thinks LeBron and Wade are all about individual accolades really don't know what they're talking about.

These two gave up the accolades to team up to be a team. If he was really a egotistical player all about individual accolades he would've stayed in Cleveland and get MVP after MVP, a few more scoring titles, break a few more records. Things he will never ever do in Miami. And this is coming from a Dallas fan.
Mavs in 6 :)

Reply #318959 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Alexkrad,

Lebron has "Chosen 1", "Gifted Child", "Witness", "King James", "K-J-1"(short for King James 1.0), "Beast" tatted all over his body.

Enough said.

Reply #318964 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'd like to see Kidd, Dirk, Peja and Jet break through for a title before they retire. Not sure they can do it though. They were built to beat the Lakers and Celtics, not Miami, which looks like a nightmare matchup for them:

1) They haven't really got a good matchup for Bosh. I can't see Dirk guarding him, because they need him to focus on scoring. Probably gonna be Matrix or Chandler, but neither is ideal.
2) Which leads to problem two. If Matrix is guarding Bosh, who's guarding Lebron? Stevenson probably, but he's a little small really.
3) If Stevenson is guarding Lebron, who's guarding Wade? Kidd? Jet? Barea?

Dirk's playing great, but he and his team-mates are going to have to be on fire all series to win I think.

Heat in 5.

Reply #318965 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Anthony - Dirk
Bosh - Chandler
Lebron - Matrix
Wade - Stevenson
Bibby - Kidd

Dallas will kill them from outside, and chandler and haywood will own the defensive paint. As long as chandler doesnt get in foul trouble i can see this going to 7 games.

Dallas is 7
Picking a Miami,Dallas,Dallas,Miami,Dallas,Miami,Dallas

Reply #318966 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Will it be a team of champions or a champion team that takes this years title? My feeling is that Dallas has the better overall chemistry which will give them the edge. I guess we'll all know in 3 weeks

Reply #318968 | Report this post

The Man  
Years ago

dallas in 7, having watched both teams i just reckon the mavs have a few more weapons. A champion team will always beat a team of champions.

Reply #318979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alexkrad I think youll find Kobe only wants to finish ahead of shaq.

Reply #319043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754