SRT070
Years ago

36ers exciting new signing...?

I assume a few others got the same SMS i did on the weekend or whenever stating that the sixers lost schenscher to Tville but stated they will have an exciting new announcement in the next few days. could this possibly be the Ervin signing?

im slightly skeptical about it being Ervin as the sixers call every signing an exciting new one. anyone know what the word is and when we can expect this announcement?

Topic #25637 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

They've sewn up a deal for some exciting new floor wiping prospects.

Reply #319155 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed Mottram on the player points ranking list and mentioned by Nagy , also living n playing in ADL

Reply #319156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they probably called the crosswell signing exciting they pretty much have to call everything they do exciting. one the other hand, im catiously hopeful this is a genuinely big signing.

Reply #319157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi Ere back in the NBL?

Reply #319158 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Why the hype of Mottram?

Didn't think he was all that great in the past, whats changed?

Reply #319159 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

We need a big guy...badly

Reply #319160 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Has Holmes been re-signed?

Reply #319161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fingers crossed an actually exciting signing! Patty Mills or Brad Newley would be great...

....I can wish.....

Reply #319162 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

You would hope that the sms fits the signature.....especially after missing out on Shensch.

I wouldnt say Mottram is an exciting signing!

Exciting for me would be Ervin, Barlow....someone like that!!

Reply #319164 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I'd rather it be an aussie returning from europe than an import at this stage. Newley or Barlow would be a god send. I hope they hold of on the imports til we fully exhaust all the top line aussie options.

Reply #319165 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Adelaide had several 'exciting signings' last year. Pity none of them were really that 'exciting'

Reply #319166 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mottram would not be classed as an "exciting" signing in my book either.

Newley or Barlow would be good...but so would Ervin!

Reply #319167 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

names , names , names - don't care who it is as long as they bring their game every day and kick butt.

Reply #319168 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i tend to believe the sixers are trigger happy in dropping the word "exciting" with every signing. i too truly hope it is an authentic exciting signing. especially to state that we lost schenscher in the message but then back it up with a dont worry we have an exciting one in the next few days. it will need to be good to make up for losing schenscher.

Reply #319170 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I am thinking positive as well that actually is exciting as Crosswell and Weigh were not labelled exciting .
I am hoping Ervin or a big out of Wilkinson - Clark or Rickert .
Of course a Newley Barlow or Inglis be good but not a total dreamer .
Surely when trying hard to get us on board not going to mislead us

Reply #319173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You heard it here first it is a returning Aussie from europe!

Think far north QLD & a rather large unit???

Reply #319176 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Nathan Jawai? He wouldnt come here would he, when he is earning much more in Europe?

Reply #319177 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Jawai???

Reply #319178 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Mate if its Jawai that would be pretty exciting. We'd still need a gun PG like Ervin to go with him though, otherwise we'll be like Melbourne last season - all size but with no-one who can get that size the ball!

Reply #319179 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Aron Baynes might be more likely, but Jawai would be a MASSIVE signing in every way!

Reply #319180 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Baynes would finish and interesting three big strategy. Ballinger is the perimeter guy, Johnson the quick, unorthodox 6'11 player, and Baynes the old fashioned tough banger.

Baynes, Ballinger, Weigh, Herbert, pg
Johnson, ??, Creek, Ng, Croswell

The issue is that Baynes is foul prone guarding big blokes, and would struggle guarding NBL PFs. Execution at the offensive end would be very important to take advantage of the size mismatches.

Reply #319181 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

It would be gret if he comes in shape and can play 30 - 35 minutes and back to back games. IMO it is a risk. I'd much rather Barlow, Newley, Ingles, Ira Clarke, Ervin Etc

Reply #319183 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

What would be the greater surprise ?
That Nathan Jawai is playing here,
or his cousin
or both.

Reply #319184 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Be great if you get Jawai so I can laugh my ass off when BJ Anthony schools him in the post again ie TallBlacks Vs Boomers last series pre WC
BJ Anthony>Nathan Jawai for prob a quarter of the $

Reply #319185 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Jawai would be exciting if it's true. Still he'd earn more $$$ in Europe, but may dominate here more.

Mottram is useless and not interested in him. Too injury prone also.

We'll wait and see what the official word is soon.

Reply #319189 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Oh man.... I'll believe it when I see it but that's a rumor I like to hear.

I shall take Jawai and call him "Mini-Dwight". May the dunks be hateful and the Alley-Oops plentiful.

Reply #319190 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Jawai or Baynes=similar outcome

I've mentioned Baynes in much earlier threads but the argument about money being to good in Europe was often used as a counter point.

I think he would be ideal at the right price and with Weigh in the mix gives the sixers great versatility in the big man area.

This might just save Jacob (albeit in a reduced bench role).

I wait in anticipation

Reply #319192 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Big Marty, Dwight can defend the post, from what I have seen of Jawai (apart from being fat) is that he can't

Reply #319193 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mystro, Jawai was a more rounded (insert joke here) player in the Euroleague games I saw this year than earlier in his career.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Baynes was playing as an import, so the dollars factor only comes after someone offers you a job whereas there are lots of leagues looking to pick up players with Euro passports.

That is why Ingles and Markovic are a long shot to return anytime soon but Newley and particularly Barlow are possibilities if the right deal doesnt come through.

Reply #319195 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Easy Mystro - Jawai will dominate here if fit.

Was given praise for his passing and smarts in the NBA, but never really hit his straps due to injury.

Easily an upgrade on every one of our bigs for the past 5 years (including Schenscher)

Reply #319196 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

If the rumours are true I would be happy with either Baynes or Jawai. If one of these are the guys we get for not signing Schenscher I think it would be a good thing

Reply #319197 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If Jawai dominates I will happily eat humble pie but unfortunately I can only see him eating all the pie as he settles back into Aussie life.

Reply #319198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the first post said an exciting new announcement. Why is it a player: could it be a sponsor or even more exciting a new member to the coaching panel or perhaps a new uniform!!

Reply #319199 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Mystro,
Did you see Jawai when he played in the NBL?

Reply #319200 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

The suspense may implode Hoops!

Reply #319201 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Even if we got either of these guys it wouldn't be an upgrade on Schenscher as they will probably leave for Europe the following season. Either way it would be good to have one of them over Mottram.

Reply #319202 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

KingJames who is to say Schenscher won't, part of the delay in him signing the extension was becasue he was after out clauses

Reply #319204 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Big Sexy, yup and i have not seen anything on court to warrant the hype, NBL, NBA or even in a Boomers Jersey.

Reply #319205 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Schenscher only signed a 1 year deal with an option @ the Crocs.....hints that he may be looking OS after this season?

Reply #319206 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Mystro, fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion

Reply #319207 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Paul, if the anon poster who started the Jawai talk is to be believed, the player is from far north Queensland. Baynes is from NZ originally (according to Wiki).

LOL Mystro, your memory betrays you. BJ Anthony won't even be guarding Jawai, much less schooling him. Only way Jawai gets burned by BJ is due to poor team defence.

Reply #319208 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Baynes is a North Queensland boy. Born in NZ but raised in oz.

Reply #319210 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Have you seen Jawai recently BTW? Even though he will always be a "big" given his body shape and size, he is certainly looking a lot leaner after a season at Partizan...

Reply #319211 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ah okay, in that case I think Baynes makes more sense than Jawai. He'd be that aggressive rebounder off the bench I've been advocating for awhile.

Reply #319212 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If it is Baynes you could make a fortune selling 'foul plagued minutes' t-shirts outside the stadium LC!

Reply #319214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any 1 of those 2 I would b real happy. Fingers crossed.

Reply #319216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Kickert will be announced as a 36ers within the next few days

Reply #319217 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Maybe I should copyright it...:)
Poor old Baynes certainly has experienced his foul woes in the German Bundesliga with EWE Baskets Oldenberg.

Mind you, he may not experience the same foul troubles in the NBL as he has experienced in Germany...

Reply #319218 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

IF it is Kickert, he does at least bring experience...and he has recetn good form after playing well in the grand final series of the Polish league despite his team going down in 7 games.
Kickert doesn't really bring any muscle though, but does have excellent shooting range all the way behuind the arc...

Reply #319219 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

If it is Kickert I assume he would start at centre? Where does that leave Johnson? I think we have more pressing needs in the backcourt.

However, i certainly won't be disappointed if we did manage to bring back one of the better aussie players from europe.

Reply #319220 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

... to the guy who said it said announcement not player , they referenced missing schensch so yeah, they are talking about a player.

who is kickert?? any good?? what is he??

yeah jawai will bring alot of people through the gates.

baynes will be good for the team. as for newley he hasnt really gone on with it in europe like ingles has. at least not from what ive heard. if there was a lockout and heaps of nba or more likely d-leaguers are available in europe newley would be fighting for a contract surely..

Reply #319221 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

to remove confusion from that anon poster saying it could be something other than exciting the text message states word for word the following:

'Schensher has decided to stay in tville. however, we'll have an exciting signing to announce in the next few days! stay tuned opt out reply STOP to 0418602274'

Reply #319222 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Kickert is from Vic where as Anon suggested the player was from Far Nth Qld.

Are these 2 different signings or the same signing?

C - Baynes/Johnson
PF - Balls/Kickert

Is that possible? I like the look of that!!

Reply #319223 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

any idea when they will announce it??

another good aussie boy leaves us free to chase one very good import. would rather one very good guy on bog money then 2 average guys taking the same pay between them. it really does look like coming down to that import pg spot doesnt it?? will be what makes or breaks our season. with an average pg import we will be around the middle of the pack, a star will see us tear teams apart.

Reply #319224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow small mention of Nth QLD/Big and hoops goes off!

Word down the line I've got is that a "Big" will be back as securing a euro contract due to the impending NBA lock-out is proving harder than first thought.

Reply #319225 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Newley's form has not been consistent and nor that great in the Lithuanian league, although he did put in some very good cameo performances from time to time but he ended the season coming off the bench. With the season now ended, Lietuvos Rytas have already made wholesale changes but so far Newley has escaped the knife.

Ingles was starring at Granada and transferred to Euro giants Barcelona mid-season. He started a few games and had soem very good performancesd particulalry early on. However at the business end of the season he has been relegated to limited minutes in coming off the bench. however with a star or two possibly heading to the NBA (if there is no lockout of course), Ingles may well end up being a starter next season.

Kickert is a PF/C who has shown improved recent form, especially in the finals, for PGE Turow in the Polish League (9.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg). The Polish league would be below the NBL IMO though so it may be hard to translate just how well he would go back here, although he did play quite well in Italy previously from memory.

Reply #319226 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

is there any more details on the identity of this "Big"

Reply #319227 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think either Baynes or Kickert would be a star. Both good contributors but would be happy to be wrong and see them progress. Baynes would prob be the best fit for Adelaide because they lack a strong interior presence, whereas they already have a big who can shoot (though I must say that Kickert's rebounding in the GF this year was much better than in previous years)

As for Newley, he has achieved far more than Ingles in Europe, was a standout in Greece and Turkey but his perimeter shot has deserted him in the past 12 months which has seen him struggle this season, even though his all around game has progressed.

Joe was decent but inconsistent for Granada in Spain and has played some good minutes in a limited role for Barcelona. His Euro passport is a big advantage for him though, less pressure.

Reply #319228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if i may surmise. We get a good big currently playing in Europe or trying to get into Europe but this is more difficult due to a POSSIBLE NBA lockout. I would guess that he would have an out clause to pursue other contracts should he be able to secure a better contract in case a lockout does not occur.

If this is the scenario sounds like too many ifs and buts and we are putting our eggs in one basket with lots of holes in it.

I hope I am wrong!

Reply #319229 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Anonymous don't be silly this is all part of Clarke's 3 year plan! So no need to worry :P

Reply #319231 | Report this post

sniper  
Years ago

C'mon, every player they get is exciting and so is their new website supposedly. And the 'new' website does squat for me. If they brought that level of enthusiasm to every game, be it player and coach, id be excited.

I dont care who they get as long as it aint a drop kick from the D-League who is said to be of unbelievable talent and turns out a dud. Better still, seeing Greece is going through its bonds crisis, surely they have a tall Greek player over there we can get for the same amount of money we buy an American import for.

Reply #319235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King-James,

Now I am excited!! Clarke's initiated the lockout as part of his 3 year plan so we can lure better talent to Adelaide. That is impressive!

Reply #319236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes, meh. He's got SFA game, just a big body with five fouls and I'd probably prefer Mottram who's just a back up big at best.

To the clown bagging Jawai the guy basically dominated in the NBL in his one and only year here got MVP of the All-Star game, was All-NBL 2nd Team and romped it in for Rookie of the year. Averaged 17.3 ppg @ 57%, 9.4 rpg and 1 block in 30 mpg with the Taipans.

Let us know when a scrub like BJ Anthony ever does anything like that let alone having a 16 point game in the NBA.

Reply #319241 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

yeah if it did happen to be jawai he would kill it again. we would have a great team if we got a half decent pg.

i seem to think it would more likely be baynes though.. just think jawai still would be getting good money in euro but baynes wouldnt be so sought after.

Reply #319242 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

yeah if it did happen to be jawai he would kill it again. we would have a great team if we got a half decent pg.

i seem to think it would more likely be baynes though.. just think jawai still would be getting good money in euro but baynes wouldnt be so sought after.

Reply #319243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai's probably on half an NBL team's salary cap over in Serbia and playing alright over there too. No need for him to be coming back to the NBL anytime soon.

Reply #319245 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To whoever suggested Baynes and Kickert, think about the points cap!

Reply #319247 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

if big nate did come back to australia,there is only one team he would play for........in fact,that is the only reason he would come back.

Reply #319248 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

36ers exciting new signing...?
Julius Hodge

Reply #319249 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

it's not the rapture, themvpiskb24

Reply #319250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what would they be for points isaac? I hope its baynes least he shows some aggression. He gets the ball underneath the basket n puts it down. foul trouble is that any different to this yr. balls normally had 2 in the 1st q due to being played out of position.

Reply #319254 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, both playing Euro so 9-10 I guess, unless they got an appeal through.

Reply #319255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

baynes played under clark at ais if that helps

Reply #319256 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

isaac- surely those players would be 10's.

when is the announcement due?

Reply #319257 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Baynes would be a good pick up considering we missed out on Schenscher.

Would he be asking the same sort of money as Schensch?

Would we be able to have say Baynes, Herbert and 2 imports as our final 4 signings?

Hopefully we can, would be good to see

Baynes/Johnson
Ballinger/cheap IMPORT
Weigh/Creek
Herbert/Ng
IMPORT (Ervin)/Crosswell

If we get Ervin and a good preferably NBL experienced player as the 2nd import ie Maxey as a pf/sf or Devendorf as a sg if we dont want to risk Herbert starting after coming back from injury and are happy to have a smaller line up.

Reply #319258 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

36ers need another big

Why not Wade Helliwell

Reply #319263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the youtube clips theres heaps to like about baynes. throws down some massive dunks. not afraid to get body contact. Not a bad shot of the pick n roll to. hope its him.

Reply #319264 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Anon re Clown bagging Jawai
lol he made all NBL second team and MVP of game with no D played lol, you guys are going straight to the finals with a signing like that. As for letting you know when BJ Anthony does something like that, you'll prob get to see for yourself now that he isn't a development player and has a full contract.
The reference I made was to BJ Anthony scoring on Jawai at will in the final game of the Boomers Vs TallBlacks game 3 for WC seedings which NZ won comfortably. Boomers were owned in the paint by 2 kids called Alex Pledger and BJ Anthony (2 players who are not going to be playing NBA anytime soon if ever). I'm sure that a fit healthy Nathan Jawai can play great basketball as he would not have got close to where he is if he couldn't but I obviously don't rate him anywhere nearly as highly as you guys do but is he going to give you guys what you need for the $ he gonna cost.
Julian Khazzouh>Nathan Jawai ;)

Reply #319268 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon re youtube, there is no doubt Baynes has a lot of talent, he puts up numbers when he is on the floor against good opposition and he is a big athlete that can have a real impact in the NBL.

What has held him back so far are turnovers/bad decisions and particularly fouls. If he could consistently play 30 mins he would be a very good player.

Reply #319272 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

There's only three "names' I know they are chasing.

Ervin, Mills and Kickert.

Mottram's going to play because his girlfriend will play with the Lightning.

Reply #319280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if they sign a new starting Centre and Mottram as a back up big it means no Dowdell or Holmes.

Thought Dowdell would be ok for that back up Power Forward role. He would be cheaper and lower points than Mottram leaving more money and points to go after that import PG.

I would rather Dowdell as back up if we get this
exciting starting Big...

Sounds like No more Jacob....

Reply #319283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if they sign a new starting Centre and Mottram as a back up big it means no Dowdell or Holmes.

Thought Dowdell would be ok for that back up Power Forward role. He would be cheaper and lower points than Mottram leaving more money and points to go after that import PG.

I would rather Dowdell as back up if we get this
exciting starting Big...

Sounds like No more Jacob....

Reply #319284 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they went with Kickert, Mottram, Johnson and Ballinger that is a big line-up. Would have to be a well organised, half court team you would think.

Reply #319286 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Would still prefer Jawai myself.

Reply #319287 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Maybe they are just trying to stir some interest in the Sixers due to ticket sales starting again!

Reply #319288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, paul, which player in the NBL does Kickert most resemble? Don't know much about the guy.

Reply #319290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Mottram was married to Jenni Screen. Is she coming back to the Lightning?

Reply #319292 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Good question anon re Kickert. He is a 6'10 4-5 with a real nice jump shot and a decent bball IQ. Defence and rebounding were weaknesses but I watched some of the Polish GF and he was pretty solid in those areas.

Hard to find another player like him, perhaps best comparison would be a much better version of Greg Vanderjagt?

Reply #319295 | Report this post

Hugh  
Years ago

Why do you think Ervin is coming back?

You are dreaming!

Reply #319302 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Because Ervin has stated he is...

Reply #319304 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

^ seeing as the world is a monetary based system for him to live he needs to work at which point he gets money. what he does best is play basketball and it so happens we need a basketballer, so in exchange for his services we provide him with the money he requires to live. simple really.

Reply #319305 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Never seen Kickert play but I was going to guess Loughton - any similarities?

Reply #319306 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Loughton is signed with Cairns isn't he?

Also nice post SRT haha

Reply #319310 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Kickert could also possibly be compared as a "poor" version of David Andersen...known more for his offence rather than his defence with scoring ability that goes all the way beyond the arc.

Reply #319317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not Jawai as he has more time left on his contract so unless he gets released forget about it!

I think someone has been pulling your leg on the Nth Qld thing! Word around town is it will be an exciting signing but only by 36er standard so we should all be prepared for a less than exciting signing!

Reply #319321 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, Andersen and Loughton are similar type players, though Kickert is a different type of build to them.

Reply #319324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro,

Game 1:

Jawai 17 pts & 11 reb

BJ 6 pts & 7 reb

Game 2:

Jawai 17 pts & 9 reb & 2 blk

BJ 9 pts & 2 reb

Please stop trying to compare a scrub like BJ Anthony to Jawai. One is a former star of the NBL and a former NBA player the other is a development player for an NBL team.

Reply #319328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually BJ Anthony is on the Breakers main roster now.

Reply #319331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes right now but he's only ever played as a development player at this level so far.

Reply #319334 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree with the above, Jawai when fit is a super player and was one of the most efficient centres in the Euroleague this year, but Anthony did school him one on one a few times in that series. That was prob a case of a poor matchup than anything else though.

Reply #319341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Benjamin (NBA scrub) beat Michael Jordan in a one on one once too, certainly doesn't mean he was a better player than MJ.

Mystro can talk up his BJ Anthony all he likes just don't go putting him in the same sentence as a player like Jawai.

Reply #319381 | Report this post

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

36ers are waiting on a decision from Ervin as are a number of clubs,both here and Europe.

Reply #319382 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Incidentally, the 36ers in the past looked at Anthony as an U24 when the Breakers couldn't fit him in, but BJ went off to Europe and was likely rated higher as a result.

KET, I wasn't guessing Loughton as a 36ers signing, just as a comparison for Kickert.

Reply #319384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the paper today it says were after Ervin n starting talks with herbie. Nothing about a big returning to oz. Are we still expecting a signing on this? This wk?

Reply #319385 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'm not talking BJ Anthony up and nor have I said anywhere that he is a better player as he is clearly not, he is just another young player with potential. What i am doing is saying that I do not rate Jawai as a anywhere near a Superstar based on the fact that I have seen the young "scrub" score on him and that i have seen him play NBL and NBA. BJ Anthony has the right frame to be able to compete on the block with a player of Jawai's frame (aka he's fat) and I have watched him compete so that is why Bj's name was bought up as opposed to say Abercrombie's.
The only person I have said that is better than Jawai is Julian Khazzouh and I stand by that statement.

Reply #319386 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

I have a horrible feeling Herbert is going to be the exciting announcement. Nothing against Herbert,very happy to have him on the team. But not the "exciting' announcement I was hoping for.

Reply #319390 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Read like we wont hear in a hurry if Ervin wont join or not .
Certainly hope we sign Herbert but still hope to get that exciting signing in next week.
See I am true Sixer fan just keep believing and hoping AGAIN AGAIN

Reply #319395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you want them to say - our next signing is moderately interesting....

Reply #319401 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isaac, I dont think Anthony's stint in Germany affected his rating as he played Div 3 and was allowed to be signed as a DP on return.

Reply #319406 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

" Our next signing is moderately interesting...
to be announced in a few days , when he returns from his honeymoon. .. See if ya can guess which one it is?"

Reply #319411 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hodge?

Reply #319417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel 31, is it Nathan Herbert?

Reply #319421 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Returning from his Honeymoon would be Herbert.

Reply #319423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well that disappoints me. Was hoping 4 either baynes or kicket. If we landed 1 of them then herberts signing is a gd 1. Would leave u's to concentrate on a really gd pg.

Reply #319429 | Report this post

Ariel 36  
Years ago

Holmes is also returning from his honeymoon soon.

Reply #319432 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Anyone else sick of waiting?

It's been 4 days since the SMS already.

Reply #319481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If its Holmes or herb...as good as they might be, its not looking good for next season. Not really exciting signing ppl from last years roster...

Reply #319483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its Gary Ervin!

Reply #319486 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

It's Kevin Durant!!!

Reply #319488 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I can't believe it's not butter!

Reply #319490 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I know!

Reply #319492 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Sixers have shot themselves in the foot i think. this is going to be the biggest anti climax signing ever. so much hype and waiting so long for the announcement, that if its anyone less than Bogut its going to be lame. i can see the threads once its announced already:

and the sixers signing is.......

sixers resign the exciting jacob holmes

Reply #319500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word on who yet?? Jawai thing had legs as did the Kickert thing surely won't be the annoucment of resigning Holmes!

Reply #319503 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Don't expect Jawai. Partizan want him to stay and he is getting very good $$$.

Reply #319505 | Report this post

Seriously  
Years ago

You want lame this thread is getting lame, people start a thread saying tell us something, then when they tell us something people make fun of that. Todays paper told us something as well. The club are finally keeping us more informed and still some of us arent satisfied ??

Reply #319508 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

what are you seriously on about? the lame thing is you not actually reading what the thread is about. i started this thread based on the SMS i received, and it has had nothing to do with bashing them for never keeping us informed. their sms stated to stay tuned as they have an exciting new announcement in the next couple of days, it has been well over a couple of days and no announcement.

Reply #319511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I already told you its Gary Ervin, i have inside info.

Reply #319542 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

on the nbl web site in the player transactions it says nathan Herbert has resigned with the 36ers.

Reply #319544 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Maybe Herbert has re signed which is good news but surely that is not the exciting signing they were talking about.
Hope it is Ervin as top PG is No 1 priority

Reply #319549 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Just saw Herbert on the transaction tracker, good signing IMO, i guess that means that he will split the minutes at SG with Ng, which should greatly improve our 3 pt shooting.

Looks like we are going with

C Johnson/?? Import or Baynes (if above rumours have any truth

PF Ballinger/??? Mottram name has been mentioned as a target in the paper, maybe as a C with a import PF?

SF Weigh/Creek

SG Herbert/Ng

PG ?? Ervin is the target/Crosswell

Given we started last season with

Ballinger/Johnson
Holmes/Dowdell
Hill/Herbert
DeVries/Ng
Winder/Carter

We have basically changed

Starting Johnson or other big Baynes or import (Hopefully) and moving Ballinger back to PF full time = improvement

Holmes for import or Baynes = improvement (assuming we get the right import or Baynes is as good as people have said)

Dowdell for Mottram = possible minor improvement, probably not a huge deal either way and wouldnt mind if Dowdell was retained over Mottram given they should just be playing a minor role as the 4th big

Weigh for Hill = upgrade

Herbert for a full season = a definate positive if he can return to atleast his previous form

Creek for Devries i guess = downgrade but probably should be considered Creek for Holmes, which is potentially a upgrade given Creeks youth and potential, and Devries for a new import/Baynes which should be atleast equal, probably upgrade if the replacement is the right fit and plays the full season injury free.

Ervin for Winder = big upgrade, Ervin is a PG, which Winder wasnt and Ervin is the MVP, if we get Ervin of course

Crosswell for Carter = not sure if upgrade or not, ill call it an equal, shouldnt be a downgrade though

So despite us not yet having made any real headline grabbing signings if it ends up as ive predicted they have atleast upgraded to some level(or broken even in the back up PG and PF spot) in every move they have made. Which is obviously a step in the right direction for the club and much needed, if they end up with Ervin and a good 2nd import, and dont have any injury problems i think we could atleast be in the mix for playoffs, probably around 4th to 5th at best if all goes well.

Reply #319550 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I personally wouldnt mind seeing Clarke recruit the best young talent either college returnee or AIS player he can get in the 10th spot instead of Mottram or Dowdell type, not sure who is out there or available, no matter what the position the player plays at, as with Johnson, Ballinger and Import as the 3 bigs wont be huge need for another big if no one gets hurt.

I think with his AIS background he should try to add atleast 1 Creek type signing, ie best young talent available, if we get lucky we get the next Ingles/Newley type rookie, each season and hopefully give us a good core to build on over the years and grow us towards sustained success.

Goorj got to the top and stayed at the top as he was able to bring in many of the top young guys returning from college each year and build a strong core around them, hopefully we can do this with Clarke.

Reply #319553 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

dowdells brother has finished college i think. forward but im not sure if he is a pf or sf. not sure how good he is either, will surely get a development spot somewhere??

Reply #319667 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

dowdells brother has finished college i think. forward but im not sure if he is a pf or sf. not sure how good he is either, will surely get a development spot somewhere??

Reply #319668 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754