DJ Rod
Years ago

MVPs never to win a Ring

Jalen Rose on ESPN posed a question, can you name the 7 NBA MVPs who have never won an NBA Championship?

I can only think of 6...

Topic #25650 | Report this topic

Flinders80  
Years ago

D. Rose
L. James

Reply #319440 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Derrick Rose
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash

.....thats 4 quickly without any great thought.

Reply #319441 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Rose
LeBron
Nowitzki
Nash
Malone
Barkley
Iverson

Reply #319452 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

I thought Jerry West was in there? Or was he the only/first guy to win MVP of the finals playing for losing team?

Reply #319479 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I forgot Rose!

Malone
Nowitzki
Nash
Barkley
James
Rose
Iverson

Reply #319480 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Indeedmore your wrong on two accounts. West never won an MVP and West won NBA championship with the Lakers against the Knicks in 1972.

I think though from Memory Elign Baylor is the NBA highest player who has been played for teams that won the most game but never won a championship. Baylor was forced in to retirement through injury before 1972 championship.

Reply #319497 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

These days if Baylor had played 1 minute in the 1972 regular season he would get a ring wouldn't he? Jack Haley got one I think after playing about 20 mins all season.

Reply #319551 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Yeah I read that too. Baylor retired 8 games into 1972 NBA season when they won championship. I'm not sure how it works to tell the ya truth. Andrew Gaze was on the spurs team and he hardly played and wasn't on the playoff roster but he got a championchip ring. Perhaps if Elgin did'nt officially retire in the season but stayed on the injuried for the rest year he might had a ring? Who knows?

Just on Jerry West I watched alot NBA videos from the eighties and even though Jerry West won an NBA championschip he largely talks about the lakers team he played on with regret in the sense that they lost so many NBA championchip series.

One more thing for all those NBA hoopsters fans. Look up Jerry West's NBA finals halfcourt shot on youtube where he sends it to overtime. Its pretty impressive if they had an NBA three point line back then he would of won the lakers the game.

Reply #319572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754