TheFoxHat
Years ago

ABA SALARYS

Just curious if anyone has an idea on what current SA ABA players can earn as player payments. I'm thinking of hanging up my soccer nancy boy tights and playing a real man's sport. What can I earn??

Topic #25666 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Leaving soccer to make money in basketball? Is that an oxymoron??

Reply #319772 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

If you were serious about it you would be contacting clubs and seeing what you have to do to make it to a grade to be paid.

Asking on a forum that has as much reliability for facts as Wikipedia really shows how much committment you have. In fact, the fact you are asking shows your committment levels!

Reply #319775 | Report this post

TheFoxhat  
Years ago

Understand Sarcasm and answer the Question if you don't know don't repsond.

Reply #319777 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

With ABA wages and 'Super', you could play for 3 years, retire comfortably and go back to soccer

Reply #319791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this guy fairdinkum?

Stick to soccer champ!

Reply #319796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's no cash here!!

Reply #319797 | Report this post

MB  
Years ago

ABA salary cap is $15,000. Most clubs pay 2 or 3 players and the rest don't get paid.

It's considerably more in SEABL and QBL

Reply #319798 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is $15,000 which is meant to be for both Mens and Womens isn't that right?

Reply #319805 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

the salary cap is the bushy bit at the top
the stalk is the long skinny bit underneath

I think you may have meant Salaries - which I know nothing about........roflmao

Reply #319811 | Report this post

JonT  
Years ago

@ imnoballer. It's a salary cap. What you are referring to is celery.........

Reply #319853 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

cap is $15,000 A $9,000 $6,000 split club determines which way it is spent on mens or womens program mostly mens gets higher amount but not always

Reply #319936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not enforceable thou!

Reply #319958 | Report this post

Money bags  
Years ago

A high profile panther is blabbing he is on $8000, not much left for the taller one. If $9000 is the case

Reply #319966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YEa but dont forget their women wouldnt be getting paid much. I'd suggest the split is higher for the panthers men

Reply #319968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The thing everyone forgets is in the ABL we are under paid cmopared to other states. Just look at SEABL, QBL & Big V.

Also it is not possible to stop team paying over the "Cap" as the reality is under the table payments are made to all the 36er's players otherwise they'd play in one of the other 3 comp's for alot more $$$.

Pretty much all of the 36er's team would command at least $10K to $35K in any of those 3 leagues.

Reply #319971 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

The coach of the women's team in L'ton is on 10k then they have 4 imported players on top of that. In Tas the SEABL players also pick up between $250 and $500 per game in local competitions.

Reply #319972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When has BSA or anyone else ever looked it to what some clubs pay out to thier players? It might say $15000 salary cap on paper but what is paid under the table is another story !!!!

Reply #319974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

974, that's unkind, I'm reliably informed many of BSA's officials are regularly under the table.

The salary cap is more like a salary tap which is turned on and off according to the imports available, the size of the coaches ego and the ability to fabricate work in canteens, run fantasy clinics and knit all influence the imaginary limit of funds.

Reply #319985 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754