G.E. Money is a 36er.

Reply #319815 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

I await in anticipation.

Reply #319818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope ur right anon. Would b a massive signing.

Reply #319819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope ur right anon. Would b a massive signing.

Reply #319820 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The last two posts weren't mine (!) but I echo the sentiment. I hope you're right, anon. Would be a massive signing.

Reply #319821 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sixers - " We'd just be curious to know , Gary
how much would you need to just sign right away
without waiting on other offers."

Reply #319822 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

he will be remaining at wollongong or at least on the east coast- forget him signing with the 6ers. why would he sign for the worst team (forget the ladder- adelaide were ATROCIOUS!!!)in last seasons competition!!!

Reply #319827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyrell do u no that 4 a fact?? Pretty sure Wollongong said they didn't have the money to pay him.

Reply #319828 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sounds like they have opened the vault door and told him they'll wait outside while he fills his pockets!!

Reply #319831 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Lets hope anon has let the G.E. Money genie out of the bottle! Would be absolutely stoked if we get him.

Reply #319834 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Isaac, did Oscar enjoy playing with G. Ervin for the Hawks last season and did he rate him?

Reply #319836 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

A, when I went to the Wollongong/Sydney double header last year Oscar and Ervin attended the Sydney game together and seemed to get on quite well from I could tell

Reply #319837 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

NBL MVP Ervin's recent posting on Twitter would indicate he still has the Hawks at heart.

"I didn't sign to no team at all," Ervin wrote of rumours he would join the Sydney Kings.

"It's not even close to me going anywhere. Right now I'm a Hawk. I don't know what the future holds for me. Thanks."

Despite being linked to the Kings, the 27-year-old hopes to sign a seven-figure deal to play in Europe.

Seven Figure deal in Europe???? You'll need your entire cap to get this guy...

From yesterdays mercury

Reply #319841 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

@anonymous- you'll have to trust me on this one! He will not be playing for adelaide!

Reply #319845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seven figures lol

Reply #319848 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A, they seemed to get along fine. I got to talk to him a bit (was with them at that Kings game Big Sexy mentioned) and he seems like a decent guy. Doesn't talk himself up, but knows what he can do. Funny walking alongside an import who seems short to me though.

Once Martin and Gibson are signed, from the import options, he's the guy I'd be going for.

Reply #319849 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

he's just organizing the media for his decision show.

Reply #319851 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

@Mystro - would that be the student from the Cobdogla North Primary Grade 6 newsletter?

:)

Reply #319855 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yeah he'll be covering it with Steve Carfino and Casey Frank.

Reply #319858 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

pwned that means nothing. Of course he's going to say he's 'still a hawk' right now, cos he's not a dumbass and he doesn't want to burn bridges when he doesn't have to.

The fact that the article you are drawing on still seems to think he is going to the Kings also gives it zero credibility. You'd have to start calling them the Sydney Dwarves!

He also is not going to get seven figures. If he couldn't get it last year, he has even less chance this year with locked out NBA players probably crowding the scene in Europe.

Reply #319859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some fair points, but Ervin wasnt really looking for Euro deals last year. He wont get seven figures on his first contract there anyway, only the proven guns get that.

Reply #319861 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Beantown: very good points, hopefully there aren't many NBL teams competing against the 36ers for his signature and hopefully we sign him!

Reply #319865 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

If Ervin signs elsewhere which I think he will, would Ty McKee be looked at?

Reply #319866 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

A.W- I have been saying to look at him for ages- no one seems to be interested or accept it- he was quality on the court!

Reply #319877 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Can't seem to find any information regarding a current team for McKee, absolute star on the court, surely it is worth atleast asking the question.

Reply #319878 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

McKee also spent time in a different court if my memory serves me correctly

Reply #319879 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

McKee is doing too well in Europe to play here. Look up his stats.

Reply #319880 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

A.W. and Tyrell, I also think McKee would be worth looking at if Ervin and Homicide aren't available. It was some kind of road offence (speeding/ DUI?) and the fact that he didn't tell the club about it wasn't it? So long as he has learnt from his mistake, I would be fine with bringing him back. It would only become an issue if he did something similar again and it became public knowledge in the Adelaide media.

Reply #319882 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

McKee started the year for Belarus giant Minsk and was a standout in the good VTB United league after a slow start. When Minsk were knocked out of the VTB League, Triumph in Russia (who Luke Nevill was playing for) offered him a deal and he led the Russian league in scoring for the rest of the season.

While both those leagues are comparable to the NBL, his performance in them will almost certainly lead to a big European contract next season. I doubt the the lockout will effect him either, European teams are most impressed by form in European competitions.

Reply #319884 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Why is speculation he is going to the Kings any less credible than the sources cited on here? Speculation is speculation and by definition incredible.

Also, he wasn't NBL MVP this time last year, another reference on his resume would clearly gain Ervin some leeway in negotiating.

My point isn't that he is returning to the Hawks, its pretty clear he is too expensive for them, but that at this point it is all conjecture, and forum websites in NSW are doing exactly the same thing as what is happening here.
Until we have an official press release saying that he has decided to do something, it is impossible to know.

Reply #319896 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

beantown- yes, it was speeding offence. Nothing like a bryant matthews case of years gone by- thus not too serious.

Reply #319897 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

At the second game of the double-header..
Gary Ervin : " Sixers are playen like they been over-trained. "

Reply #319900 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

As if Ervin after playing for a team that didn't make the playoffs would go to Adelaide!LOL

After the last 2 years are you guys slow enough to think Clarke can do any better this year?

Reply #319902 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ty McKee would be a great pickup.
Yes, he did have problems with motoring offences and yes his teammates said he was perhaps a little 'naive'. But Gordie and Sav reiterated that he was a great teammate all in all.

Gordie said that one reason why he wasn't perhaps the best 'role-model' was because he was signed by the Hawks straight out of college. It can be a big adjustment for a player to enter a phase of their life where basketball is their 'job' and it can take a while for them to understand the necessary behavior and attitudes of a been a 'professional athlete'.

I think McKee, given his experience with the Hawks and his recent success in Europe (which would have matured him alot), would be a great pickup for the 36ers.

However, because he has done so well in Europe, there are probably a few European teams wanting his services.

Reply #319905 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow, your right about his stats from Europe Isaac!

Playing in the Russian League for Triumph, he had:
23 points against CSKA Moscow
29 points against Dynamo (4/6 3point)
32 points against Enisey

While playing for Minsk, he scored 19 points and 18 points in two games against the always-strong Lithuanian team 'Lietuvos Rytas' (where Brad Newley now plays).

Reply #319906 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

pwned, have a look at who Sydney have already signed and you will see why Ervin is not going there.

Reply #319918 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Simon, money. Hawks don't have as much. If Gary picked teams by the ladder, he wouldn't be looking at Sydney either.

Reply #319922 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I don't think any player the calibre of Ervin would decline an offer with a team that didn't make the playoffs. Many professional players would look at it as a challenge to lift an ailing team back to a successful level. If the money is right and they are confident they can make a difference, then they may just give it a shot. After all it wouldn't look too shabby on their resume to show the difference they have made to a team failing one year and successful the next. It also increases their value.

Reply #319924 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Beantown: again you missed my point. Have another read.

Reply #319933 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

simon obviously hasnt watched nbl for too long.

otherwise he would realise it doesnt work on a draft/ trade system and any team can become something else ( for better or worse) very quickly.

tried to bag our club and shows himself up for the slow kid he is lol

Reply #319941 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Now now Phil- settle!! All good points, a few more days to go and all will be revealed!?

Reply #319942 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Plus it was 3 speeding offences and one drink driving charge for mckee

Reply #319944 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All irrelevant when he's tearing it up OS really.

Reply #319950 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Not irrelevant when Macdub brought it into the conversation

Reply #319952 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

So next Tuesday should be an interesting news day.

Reply #320192 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

How many Sixers fans are gonna cry if he signs elsewhere lol ?

Reply #320243 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

We have cried enough the last two seasons so we are use to disappointment now :P

Reply #320245 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes we are almost waiting to hear not coming .
But just maybe
Maybe he will come
Maybe we will have a team that can take us to GF
Or maybe it wont be next year but year after
Maybe

Reply #320248 | Report this post

inflated  
Years ago

Ervin wont be coming as he doesn't think the coach can coach. Team oce again won't go anywhere - just like the power and crows - losers

Reply #320251 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

way to look on the bright side Inflated ;)

Reply #320253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Inflated... do you know ervin??

Please tell us who he will be playing for then

Reply #320254 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Coach can't coach thing gets a bit boring. Article yesterday about Newley (who has more international experience than Ervin I'd think) coming back to Clarke for a bit of advice. Doubt it's an issue for Gary.

Reply #320266 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

or an issue for
Bogut
Mills
Jawai
Ingles

Reply #320269 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754