LC
Years ago

NBA Finals - Game 3: Heat @ Mavericks

Big game today for both teams. Dallas will want to consolidate their win in Miami, whilst the Heat will be looking to wrestle back the home-court advantage.

I think this could be an absolute cracker today to enahnce an already fantastic series only 2 games in.

I predict the Heat to win by 2 in OT (my predictions are often wrong!).

Topic #25678 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Dallas by 5 in regulation.

Think Dirk will get back on track in Game 3 and score a solid 30pts.

Keep in mind in Game 2, the Heat scored a large chunk of their points off turnovers. Margin could have been a good 15-20pts had the Mavs been more careful with the rock.

Reply #319965 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Big Marty - I'm still trying to understand how Miami lost that game. You read the stats (points off turnovers in particular) and it looks like ESPN have accidentally reversed the team stats! I watched the second half and there must have been 6 or 7 dunks and a few more lay ups off broken plays and turnovers.

I'd love to see Dallas win 2 out of the next 3, and see Miami lose the series at home on a game winner from Dirk or Kidd. Or, just to annoy Miami fans even more, a floater from JJ Barea over LeBron!

Reply #319970 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

TheDoctor, I don't know what the online stats are showing, but I was watching the replay of the game again yesterday and the Heat should have been steamrolling the Mavs in that game.

A lot of the comeback came from Shawn Marion. He pulled off a few unorthodox hook shots. The last 3 minutes had Terry and Dirk hitting everything. I think it was the 1.5 minute mark where Miami went to 3pt territory and just put up bricks.

The final play where Dirk got the lay in, Lebron was late to help with the Double-Team. I think the Heat would have been better off double-teaming Dirk and risking a wide open J.Terry for the 3 rather than the easy layup.

Reply #319978 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Oh, and to add.

The use of Timeouts in the last 5 minutes of the game for Miami cost them too.

With the turn around in points, I think Eric Spolestra used about 3 timeouts in 2 minutes of play. Considering how close the game was, I'm amazed that he didn't keep one in reserve.

Looking back, I would have left the team to play until that last minute; draw up the play for the Chalmers 3, leaving 2 timeouts in affect. If Dallas had gone ahead with 20 seconds to go or so, it would have still left 2 timeouts for set plays. Could have made all the difference.

Reply #319979 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Miami leading 47-42 at the main break.

Heat
Wade: 19pts, 6reb, 1ass
James: 10pts, 1reb, 2ass
Bosh: 7pts, 1reb, 1ass

Mavs
Nowitzki: 10pts, 5reb
Terry: 10pts, 3reb, 1 ass
Marion: 8pts, 2reb, 2 ass

Miami shooting at 41.5% from the field (40% 3PT) whilst Dallas is shooting at 38.9% (27.5% 3PT).

Miami at one stage led by 14 points.

Reply #319980 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Heat still leading at the end of the 3rd...67-64.

Could well go down to the wire yet again.

Reply #319981 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Update on the game please??

Reply #319983 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Heat win 88-86. Dirk missed a 2-pointer as time expired to send it into OT.

Miami once again had their troubles in closing out the game, settling for jumpers instead of getting to the rack.

Heat now win back home court advantage.

Reply #319984 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

sweet. sounds like this series will go the whole hog

Reply #319986 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

As long as it gets to game 6 I'll be happy as then I can watch it live on Sunday!

Reply #319988 | Report this post

surmdog  
Years ago

game 6 is on monday but it is a public holiday

Reply #319991 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I meant Monday ;) (it will feel like a Sunday)

Reply #319994 | Report this post

surmdog  
Years ago

feels even better when you have friday off 4 day weekend
game 5 and 6 i can smell a bbq

Reply #319995 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Love it!

Reply #319998 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

even better again when you have the tuesday off!! it will be like a saturday for me!

Reply #319999 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754